[Vms.sig-hu] OpenVMS Wins (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2004. Ápr. 22., Cs, 00:15:28 CEST

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:08:50 -0400
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>,
        Gorham, Mark <mark.gorham at hp.com>,
        Jacobs, Chet <chet.jacobs at hp.com>,
        Jenkins, Steve (MRO) <steve.r.jenkins at hp.com>,
        Fortier, Mary Ellen (ZKO) <maryellen.fortier at hp.com>,
        Marcello, Richard (BCS) <richard.marcello at hp.com>,
        Matthews, Joe <joe.matthews at hp.com>,
        Booth, David (VP&GM Eastern Accts) <david.booth at hp.com>,
        Gonzalez, Mark <mark.gonzalez at hp.com>,
        Orcutt, Eddie <eddie.orcutt at hp.com>,
        Vaidya, Nitin <nitin.vaidya at hp.com>,
        Ledoux, Vincent <vincent.ledoux at hp.com>
Tárgy: OpenVMS Wins

Dear Vincent, Eddie and Nitin,

Thank you so much for submitting these wins, I apreciate your time and
effort in supporting out customers.  These really add up, a million here
a million there.

Warm Regards,
Sue

Customer					Dollar	Country
	Segment
Ambassador		What

Oberthur					400,000.00
	Canada
Manufact.	Vincent Ledoux	DS25, MSA1000, Services VAX to
Alpha upgrade

Rice University				385,000.00
	USA
Education	Eddie Orcutt	ES80, EVA3000, Services, Oracle

won over SUN

Middle Tennesse State University	285,000.00	USA
Education	Eddie Orcutt	2xEVA300 - Storage Win

won over IBM

Bharti Cellular				 85,000.00
	India
Telco		Nitin Vaidya	Excellent Futures

Total					   $1,155,000.00

WinDate: 20-Apr-04
Customer Account: Oberthur
Address: Montreal, QC, Canada
Sales/Other Contact Name:  Vincent Ledoux - (514) 229-2253
Industry:  Manufacturing
New or Existing Customer:ExistingCustomer
 Comment:  VAX to Alpha upgrade.
Operating System(s):   OpenVMS
Target Market:
Was an ISV/Business Partner Involved?: Yes
  ISV/Partner Name: Agilysys (reseller), Cognos (ISV)
  ISV/Partner Application:
Total Revenue for this Win (US$): $400,000 Hardware Products:
$235,000 5
AlphaServer DS25
Software Products: $35,000 Clustering, Compilers, shadowing etc...
Storage Products: $60,000 2 MSA1000
Layered Products: $0
Services: $70,000 Including a DECmove of one rack to Texas.
3rd Party Applications: $0 Unknown $, Cognos
Customer's Need and HP Solution:
  His Vaxes were out of breath. Hearing that AlphaServers are going
EOL
in 2006, he decided to do an upgrade now.
We expect that customer to keep his Alphas running way beyond 2011.
Why was this an HP Win?:
Who was the Competition?:
What is current environment of customer?:
  The customer has extensive Dell servers. During one of the meetings,
he mentionned that he is not very satisfied of the way Dell is doing
business. May be an opportunity for Proliants.

________
WinDate: 16-Apr-04
Customer Account: Rice University
Address: Houston, TX, USA
Sales/Other Contact Name:  Patsy wheelock/Eddie Orcutt/John Shiver
Industry:  Education
New or Existing Customer:
Operating System(s):   OpenVMS
Target Market:
Was an ISV/Business Partner Involved?: No
  ISV/Partner Name: SCT, Oracle
  ISV/Partner Application: Banner, Oracle DB
Total Revenue for this Win (US$): $385,000 Hardware Products:
$215,000
ES80, 8 CPUs, 8 GB Memory
Software Products: $0
Storage Products: $140,000 EVA3000
Layered Products: $0
Services: $30,000 Installation and Startup
3rd Party Applications: $0
Customer's Need and HP Solution:
  Expand and upgrade their existing VMS system (AS4100) and HSG80
storage array.
Why was this an HP Win?:
  Customer desire to use VMS
Who was the Competition?:
  SUN
What is current environment of customer?:
  AS4100 and HSG80 storage
What could we do to improve our relationship with this account?
  Improve our relationship with our ISVs (SCT and Oracle)
What challenges were present in this win?
  Cost, manufacturing/integration issues.
_
WinDate: 16-Mar-04
Customer Account: Middle Tennesse State University
Address: Murfreesboro, TN, USA
Sales/Other Contact Name:  Jim Adrian/Eddie Orcutt/Frederick Robinson
Industry:  Education
New or Existing Customer:
Operating System(s):   OpenVMS
Target Market:
Was an ISV/Business Partner Involved?: No
  ISV/Partner Name:
  ISV/Partner Application:
Total Revenue for this Win (US$): $285,000 Hardware Products: $0
Software Products: $0
Storage Products: $250,000 2 - EVA3000
Layered Products: $0
Services: $35,000 Installation and Startup, CA Implementation
3rd Party Applications: $0
Customer's Need and HP Solution:
  Expand SAN and replicate VMS/Windows data to alternate site.
Why was this an HP Win?:
  Customer desire to use VMS and DT capabilities of VMS in SAN
environment
Who was the Competition?:
  IBM
What is current environment of customer?:
  multiple AS4100 and HSG80 storage
Is the Customer Willing to do a testimonial?:   No
  Link to Success Story, News, Testimonial:
What challenges were present in this win?
  Costs and storage platform OS support
BCS Win Submitted by Nitin Vaidya on 01-Apr-04:
Win Status: Submitted
Submitter's Name: Nitin Vaidya
Submitter's Email: nitin.vaidya at hp.com
Can this win be added to the BCS Wins Database (internal only)? Yes
Can this win be reported in the Weekly BCS Flash Report (internal
only)?
Yes
WinDate: 15-Mar-04
Customer Account: Bharti Cellular
Address: New Delhi, India
Sales/Other Contact Name:  Mukesh Grover
Industry:  Telecom
New or Existing Customer:ExistingCustomer
Operating System(s):   OpenVMS
Target Market:
Was an ISV/Business Partner Involved?: Yes
  ISV/Partner Name: Logica CMG
  ISV/Partner Application: SMSC
Total Revenue for this Win (US$): $85,000 Hardware Products: $0
Software Products: $0
Storage Products: $0
Layered Products: $0
Services: $0
3rd Party Applications: $0
Customer's Need and HP Solution:
  Addition to existing SMSC system to enhance capacity
Is the Customer Willing to do a testimonial?:   No
  Link to Success Story, News, Testimonial:
Additional Short Term Revenue:
Possible Long Term Revenue:
Next Potential Sale to the Customer:
    Amount     Time Frame 1.5 Mil USD,2 Months