[Vms.sig-hu] OpenVMS Pearl to start the week OpenVMS and JAMS and .NET (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2004. Aug. 31., K, 13:44:39 CEST

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:09:44 -0400
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: OpenVMS Pearl to start the week OpenVMS and JAMS and .NET

Dear Distribution Lists,

I just received this interesting press release and thought you might be
interested in how our customers are using OpenVMS with a Windows
environment.  Please notice this is not a replacement of either
environment.

Warm Regards,
Sue

___

OpenVMS Quality Software Available for Windows 2000/XP/2003

Columbus, OH (August 30, 2004) - Today, MVP Systems, Inc., a leading
provider of job scheduling software, announced Crane Plastics, the
largest U.S. supplier of custom thermoplastic profile extrusions, as the
first beta test site for JAMS .NET.

"We really must have OpenVMS quality software to run in the Windows
environment," says Kevin Kuhlwein, Manager of Information Systems for
Crane Plastics. "Our business has become reliant on JAMS for nearly all
scheduling and cross-platform application integration. We are impressed
to find feature-to-feature parity between JAMS on OpenVMS and
JAMS .NET.
We expect the .NET product to bring OpenVMS-type reliability and
stability to our Windows-only data centers," continued Kuhlwein.

Crane Plastics, a longtime OpenVMS customer, began using JAMS in
provide one point of control for batch processing, and to schedule and
manage work in accordance with business requirements. Today, Crane
Plastics runs hundreds of jobs with JAMS and plans on using JAMS .NET
at
its smaller subsidiaries that do not have access to OpenVMS.

"From our standpoint Crane Plastics is the perfect beta site," says Bob
Shackelford, Product Manager for JAMS .NET. "They have years of
experience using JAMS on OpenVMS and run a wide range of simple to
complex jobs each day. These jobs utilize most of the feature-set within
JAMS and include calendar and event-based scheduling and interaction
with JAMS from their custom developed OpenVMS and .NET-based
applications."

JAMS .NET has all the robust features and functionality of the original
JAMS product which supports OpenVMS, Windows 2000/XP/2003 and
UNIX/Linux.

Built 100% in C# and based on the .NET Framework, JAMS.NET
manages batch
application integration and cross-platform job dependencies by
automating the entire life cycle of batch job processing, from the
initial end-user request, to scheduling jobs, monitoring jobs for
successful completion, and distributing the information produced by
jobs.

 JAMS .NET is expected to complete beta test during third quarter 2004
and be available for download form the www.mvpsi.com website before
year
end.

About Crane Plastics
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, the Crane Plastics Company is the
largest U.S. supplier of custom thermoplastic profile extrusions. The
company is also a leading supplier of premium vinyl siding, Solid CoRe
Siding(tm), plus a wide range of other proprietary products. For more
information about Crane Plastics please go to www.crane-plastics.com.

About MVP Systems, Inc.
MVP is a private corporation dedicated to the development and
marketing
of JAMS a full featured, multi-platform job scheduling system supporting
the OpenVMS, Windows 2000/XP/2003 and UNIX/Linux environments.
MVP is
committed to providing quality products that reduce the complexities of
data center management, increase productivity and lower development
and
operational expenses. For more than 14 years MVP and its partners
have
successfully marketed JAMS throughout the United States, Canada,
Australia and Europe. For more information, please visit the MVP
website
at www.mvpsi.com.

Lisa Parker
Director of Marketing