[Vms.sig-hu] Some updated VMS information - OK for external distribution (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2004. Feb. 13., P, 19:50:08 CET

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:58:02 -0500
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: Some updated VMS information - OK for external distribution

Dear Folks,

Many of you remember the story about the VAX chips that were made
available in Russia, I thought you might like the following -
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/creatures/pages/russians.html thankfully
this issue no longer exists and we have some really wonderful
customers
and friends in Russia - thanks to Marc S.

Also many of you are aware of http://OpenVMS.org, there is a VMS book
survey running please take 5 minutes to offer your opinion.

If you know Hunter Goatly from Process he has a VMS resource page at
http://www.process.com/openvms/

The Tech Wise White paper is on the OpenVMS Web Page at
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/whitepapers/tco_clusters/TCO_
WP_Feb04.
pdf the overall white page url is
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/whitepapers/

The OpenView announcement from earlier this week has been updated
(yesterday's email) the url is:
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/system_management.html

Also I have received several comments about the OpenVMS technical
journal not having one large file containing all the articles for down
load.  We have had some issues and Warren is working on this, we still
may not have all the articles in one document.  The reason for this is
incompatible versions so some of the software used for graphics. To
date
we have had over 8,000 views since last week.
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/journal/index.html

Progress is coming along very nicely for the OpenVMS Advanced
Technical
Boot Camp, scheduled for the week of May 16-21 with registration
opening
on March 15.  Audience will be limited to 200 people.

Please remember if you have any interesting VMS related information or
announcements or you see VMS mentioned in the press please let me
know.

Thank you for all your help and support.

Reminder - Monday is a holiday for HP in the US.

Have a great weekend.

Warm Regards,
Sue