[Vms.sig-hu] Updated HP/OpenVMS Information - Please keep for reference - Public information (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2004. Jún. 11., P, 17:15:27 CEST

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 09:28:12 -0400
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: Updated HP/OpenVMS Information - Please keep for reference -
Public information

Dear Folks,

Just some updated information for you.  Thank you for all your help and
continued support.

Warm Regards,
Sue

HP INFORMATION

HP gets top honors in Licensing and Upgrade practices in Customer
Satisfaction Survey by Computer World. (thanks to Alan Arsenault, BCS,
HP)
http://www.computerworld.com/managementtopics/management/exclu
sive/story
/0,5675,93365,00.html

Are you aware of ITRC - OpenVMS Forum on the Web (I like it)
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/parseCurl.do?CURL=%2Fcm%
2FFami
lyHome%2F1%2C%2C288%
2C00.html&admit=716493758+1086873300177+28353475

This is also very useful - Partners that have either already ported
their application to VMS on IPF or are planning too (this list grows
every day)
http://www.hp.com/products1/evolution/alpha_retaintrust/openvms/par
tners
.html

Also the Digital Press button (right hand side of your screen) on the
OpenVMS home page has been updated with a 30% discount until the
end of
Sept 2004.

Video on the OpenVMS home page "Video animates new HP Integrity
server
family" http://h71000.www7.hp.com/news/video.html we showed this
at the
boot camp.

OPENVMS PARTNER INFORMATION

VMS on x86 with extensions No way, Jose!
http://www.shannonknowshpc.com/stories.php?
story=04/06/09/3222020

Free Webinar from Attunity - Legacy Integration with BizTalk - Tuesday
June 15 - 2:00 pm Eastern - send mail to webinar at attunity.com with
the
subject line Register me for the BTS Webinar June 15

FROM OUR FRIENDS

auction of pdp11/05 for benefit of JRW's kids from Patrick Jankowiak
[recycler at swbell.net] (thank you my friend)

I am getting rid of my pdp11/05's. 1/2 the proceeds to benefit
the benevolent fund.

Ok so if you guys know anyone crazier than me about olde-tyme
blinkenkights (yes these do have switches, Lights, and Core)
computers, or who wants to do a good deed, now is the time to get
aholt of them.

posted to comp.os.vms and alt.sys.pdp...

From: patrick jankowiak <nounwantedemail at swbell.net>
4:18 PM
Subject: pdp11/05 complete system available; John Wisniewski.

If you ever wanted to own a pdp11/05, the first pdp11, here's
your chance to own TWO of them..

50% of the proceeds go to the trust fund for John Wisniewski's
children. (see link on the page if
you don't know)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5100505571

Also this National Semiconductor machine. very clean, and the
same terms, except on this one 60% goes to the trust.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5100516346

I have pretty much lost interest in collecting computers.