[Vms.sig-hu] Updated VMS Information - OK for external distribution - please keep for future reference (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2004. Nov. 4., Cs, 22:30:16 CET

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:19:01 -0500
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: Updated VMS Information - OK for external distribution - please
keep for future reference

Dear Distribution lists,

I think you will find the attached information useful.  Please keep in
mind that this email is not a replacement for anything except me
sending
all these emails individually ;')

Warm Regards,
Sue
_____________

Reminder - Boot Camp

New Success Stories

Technical Journal

Partner News

Jobs

Training
________

Reminder - The OpenVMS Advanced Technical Boot Camp has been
moved to
the week of June 6th 2005

New Success Stories on the VMS Home page
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/success-stories.html

Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center - "OpenVMS is the dominant
operating
system in healthcare because it combines all the capabilities that are
critical for a life-or-death organization - 24 x 7 uptime, instantaneous
response time, security, and the ability to support complex organization
that are trying to integrate diverse application sets" - Peter Johnson,
Senior VP and Chief Information Officer, Dartmouth- Hitchcock Medical
Center

Genesis Health System - "HP's single vendor strategy makes a very
difficult job simpler.  The fewer contacts we have to make to support
our data center and applications the better.  That's why 98% of our
servers are from HP" - Dean Hiles, Director of Information Technology
Genesis Health System

Internal folks Available hard copy for your customers
http://ems.esgonline.hp.com/collateral/index.htm
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center 5982-3819EN
Genesis Health 5982-5502EN

The OpenVMS Technical Journal hit 40,000 views this week, as a
reminder
articles for the January issue are due on the 15 of November for the
January 2005 issue.
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/journal/index.html

Partner News:
Great news for one of our partners - TECSys Development, Inc (TDi)
named
to Software Magazine's 22nd Annual Software 50
http://www.tditx.com/pressreleases.html# -

The next OpenVMS Ambassadors Roundhouse is December 6 in
Nashua, NH. If
you have not already signed up, contact signe.maximous at hp.com for
more
information..

_______________________________________
Jobs - folks the reason the resumes need to come to me, is that the
customers did not want their names out and I gave my word I would
not
give it out. But I want them to get the people they need and folks to
find jobs.

NJ, please send your resume to Sue Skonetski to forward from the
customer "Basically I need a person who can manage a three person
VMS
team and coordinate with the UK VMS staff.  The VMS Staff controls the
SANS as well   We are heterogeneous and have VMS, LINUX,
WINDOWS &
SOLARIS machines connecting.  SOLARIS is our biggest consumer of
space.
The person need to be current in VMS technology and be ready to move
into the ITANIUM space when performance dictates.  SAN knowledge is
preferred, not a requirement."

Mass. Please send your resume to Sue Skonetski to forward
We are looking for an "Oracle Classic" dba with as much OpenVMS
experience as possible.  We also have Oracle running on Linux, HP-UX,
Tru64 and even Windows... If you have any resumes, or know of
anyone who
might be interested, please have them send their resume to me and I
will
make sure it gets delivered to our HR recruiter.  The position is
full-time here in Lowell Massachusetts.  In fact we just bought two new
VMS servers (ES47 and ES80) for a new Oracle application.  Feel free to
call me or send me mail if I can provide more information.

Training

As has been previously announced, JCC will be offering seminars prior
the Rdb forum in Redwood Shores. The forum will take place on
December
2nd and 3rd.
The training will occur on November 30th and December 1st.
Two separate seminars will be offered, one on each day. The seminar
on
the 1st will be no charge, but we do request that you pre-register so
that we may prepare the proper number of handouts.

Registration should be accomplished by either calling JCC directly at
(740)587-0157 or filling out the seminar registration form at

http://www.jcc.com/New%20Seminars/JCC%20Seminar%20Home%
20Page.htm

Making Effective Use of Memory with Rdb
=======================================

In this one-day course, we will outline the methods used by Rdb to
manage memory.  A prime goal is to enable you to make optimal
physical
database design choices.  Topics to be discussed include:

 Row Caches and what you should cache
 Local Buffers
 Global Buffers

 Placement of structures in
  System Space
  Process Space
  VLM
  Row compression for maximizing data density
The registration fee for this seminar is $250 per student and is payable
either by purchase order or check On December 1st:

Introduction to the JCC LogMiner Loader
=======================================

This no-charge seminar will present a comprehensive introduction to the
JCC LogMiner Loader.  In addition to the formal presentation, we will
discuss the ways that existing customers are using the product.  These
uses include:

 Synchronizing an Oracle data warehouse to an Rdb database
 Roll-up multiple source databases into a single target
 Replicate Rdb database to multiple targets to provide scalable web
access  Replay workloads to measure performance of Hot Standby
configurations
 Provide multiple targets to enhance disaster recovery options
Registration for the course should be accomplished by either calling JCC
directly at (740)587-0157 or filling out the seminar registration form
There is no registration fee for this course but registration is
encouraged so that the proper materials are available.

Jeffrey S. Jalbert
JCC Consulting
Phone:   (740)587-0157                   Email: Jeff at jcc.com
Fax:     (740)587-0163                   Web: www.jcc.com