[Vms.sig-hu] OpenVMS Pearl -

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2004. Sze. 9., Cs, 10:47:04 CEST

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:22:04 -0400
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: OpenVMS Pearl - "One of the world's leading hot dip steel
galvanizers" and Mimer SQL - OK for Public Distribution

Dear Distribution Lists,

This is a very interesting Pearl, and while I am not sure what hot dip
steel galvanizer is I do know that 400,000 tons of it is a lot of it!
;')

Many thanks to Ken Farmer from openvms.org for sending this along.

Warm Regards,
Sue

"http://www.mimer.com/news.asp?secId=176&itemId=112"

Canadian DJ Galvanizing Choose Mimer SQL as their Production
Database

One of the world's leading hot dip steel galvanizers, DJ Galvanizing,
has decided to use Mimer SQL databases for several of their
mission-critical systems at their facility in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.

DJ Galvanizing is producing 400,000 tons per year of hot-dip galvanized
steel sheets for the automotive industry. Their highly automated
production line is controlled by several HP Alpha OpenVMS systems. DJ
Galvanizing will be using Mimer SQL for production planning, quality
control and administration of deliveries to their automotive industry
customers. Mimer SQL is a relational database management system
(DBMS)
from Mimer Information Technology AB.

"We were looking for a cost effective and high performance DBMS for
our
mission-critical systems without having to leave OpenVMS", says Mike
Soucie, Information Systems and Technology Coordinator, DJ
Galvanizing.
"Mimer SQL more than fulfills all our requirements, and we're also very
pleased of how easily we could integrate Mimer SQL into our existing
Cobol and Borland's Delphi development environment"

"DJ Galvanizing is a good example of an industry customer who needs a
cost effective DBMS for their mission critical systems", says Stefan
Eck, Product Manager, Mimer Information Technology. "The scalability
and
high performance of Mimer SQL combined with our mobile database
technology give us a very strong position in the DBMS market",
concludes
Stefan Eck.

About DJ Galvanizing Corp.

DJ Galvanizing is a joint venture between two world class steel
companies, Dofasco Inc. of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and the JFE Steel
Corporation of Japan. Located in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, DJ
Galvanizing operates since 1993 a continuous hot-dipped galvanized
steel
facility specializing in the exposed automotive market.

For further information about DJ Galvanizing, please contact:

Mike Soucie, Information Systems and Technology Coordinator, DJ
Galvanizing Corp