[Vms.sig-hu] Updated OpenVMS Information Week of Jan 3rd - OK for external use - you may want to keep these urls (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2005. Jan. 7., P, 21:17:55 CET

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 14:35:01 -0500
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: Updated OpenVMS Information Week of Jan 3rd - OK for external
use - you may want to keep these urls

Dear Distribution lists,

Not to long this week but I think you will enjoy the information.

Warm Regards,
Sue Skonetski (ss)
_______________
__

The following is a report from www.OpenVMS.Org for 2004 (please
keep in
mind that this is NOT the HP OpenVMS web page, this is in ADDITION to
the official HP OpenVMS web pages)(ss)

42G of Material downloaded
672,000 page views

Many thanks to Ken Farmer for all his work on this web site.

Great news for all who thought that magneto optical jukeboxes had
reached it's storage capacity limit!  US Design's family of software
(OSS & USS) now support the UDO technology available in jukeboxes
manufactured by Hewlett Packard and Plasmon Inc. UDO (which offers
30GBs
of storage per platter) is the next generation for Magneto Optical.  UDO
uses the Blue Laser technology; which like MO, was designed to provide
years of dependable data retention. Please contact
sales at usdesign.com or
call us at 1-800-622-8732 x114 to discuss the benefits of UDO & a
software solution from US Design. Supported O/S include: OpenVMS,
Windows, Linux, Solaris & Tru64.
Upgrade paths from MO to UDO are available.
For more information visit our website at
http://www.usdesign.com/news.html

New Shannon knows HPC available for public reading

http://www.shannonknowshpc.com/pages.php?page=2003

>From comp.os.vms

"Earl Lakia" <elakia at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:<M4ydnbSbl-nX8yXcRVn-oA at netnitco.net>...
IPACT recently migrated the IQR (Queue and Routing software for
OpenVMS)
to OpenVMS 8.2 running Itanium.  This is a public domain product similar
to DEC
MessageQ (Now BEA MessageQ).   Those interested should contact me
directly for a distribution/development saveset.  My email (remove all
percent signs):  L%A%K%I%A@%I%PACT.COM.  I won't be able to
release kits
until January as I migrated this product during Developers Forum and I
don't have my Itanium yet.  Also new release for Alpha as result of bug
fixes found during port.

You can also read documentation using following URL:
"http://www.ipact.com/PDF_Docs/iqr.pdf"

TCP Communication Library

OpenVMS(tm) Modbus/TCP Communication Library(c)
The IPACT Modbus/TCP Communication Library(c) provides an
Application
Programming Interface (API) for user written application processes on
COMPAQ's OpenVMS systems
"http://www.ipact.com/Products/Modicon/TCP%20Communication%
20Library.htm
"

Sale at Networking Dynamics

Due to popular demand, and to incorporate "fiscal year-ends" in
January,TheVmsStore.com at Networking Dynamics proudly announces
an
extension of our year-end special.

All OpenVMS products 10% off through the 31st of January 2005.

Start off the New Year with the tools that will keep giving the entire
year for your business success.

Or Call Trudy right now at 1-800-275-6321

Networking Dynamics Corporation
101 North Garden Ave., Suite 220
Clearwater, Florida 33755
E-mail: Sales at networkingdynamics.com

Jobs

http://seeker.dice.com/seeker.epl?rel_code=1102&op=2

VMS = Jobs 1 - 30 of 189 matching your search request.

Tru64 = Jobs 1 - 19 of 19 matching your search request.

UNIX = Jobs 1 - 30 of 8401 matching your search request.

Alpha = Jobs 1 - 30 of 118 matching your search request.

MISC:

Rich Marcello Blog
http://devresource.hp.com/blogs/marcello/2004/12/20/1103586710000.
html