[Vms.sig-hu] Updated VMS Information please keep for future reference week of June 20th - OK for external use (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2005. Május. 23., H, 08:22:48 CEST

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Fri, 20 May 2005 19:17:08 -0400
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: Updated VMS Information please keep for future reference week
of June 20th - OK for external use

Dear Distribution Lists,

Sorry for the lateness of this message, things are very busy as you can
imagine with getting ready for the Boot Camp the Ambassadors
meeting and probably the best VMS Technical Journal yet (you will really
like this one). I did want to mention that "Updated VMS Information"
email is not an "official" HP communications vehicle its more like a hobby
so I apologize for the rather stark look.

My favorite piece of news this week:

http://www.mimer.com/pressreleases.asp?
year=2005&secId=246&itemId=128

VoltDelta, a New York-based provider of directory assistance services
with 170 million residential, business, and government listings is using
the Mimer SQL relational database management system to enable it to
flexibly manage its many telephone directories. After developing a fully
functional proof of concept using the evaluation version, VoltDelta
chose the Mimer SQL solution, running on HP's OpenVMS operating
system, for its high functionality, manageability and low cost .....

Warm Regards,
Sue

1. Interest Information
	A. Customer Tool for ISV Availability
	B. Intel developers workshops
	C. Sungard, SCT
	D. Database web page
2. Partners
	A. URL to CA's OpenVMS roadmap
	B. MSI is pleased to announce it has entered a joint
agreement with Comware
3. Training
	A. OpenVMS V8.2 Technical Update July 14-15, August 22-23
	B. OpenVMS V8.2 Internals Update July 18-22, August 29-
September 2

4. Jobs
	A. California
	B. New Hampshire
	C. Kansas City

1. Interesting information and web pages from this week, please keep
in mind that they are interesting to me and some of my friends.

A.	Customer Tool for ISV Availability
HP Integrity servers, based on Intel® Itanium® 2 processors, provide
industry-leading performance, scalability, flexibility, and mission-critical
reliability. HP's strong partnerships with independent software vendors
(ISVs) allow us to offer a broad range of Integrity-based solutions to
meet the needs of customers across many vertical industries and
horizontal applications.

By popular demand, we have introduced the availability of a new tool
for accessing ISV availability information. After completing the simple
registration process, you will be provided with access to the latest
information on the applications available on Itanium for HP-UX 11i,
Windows, LINUX, OpenVMS, and NonStop. Future plans for support will
be available if the partner has approved the publication of this
information.

Features of the customer tool include:
§	Search capabilities by partner, application, and solution
category.
§	A to Z search by partner or application.
§	Links to Enterprise partner profiles or the partner website.
§	Dynamically generated view into the latest status provided in
the ISV database.

The customer tool is not an all-inclusive list and is available for planning
purposes only. If you are unable to locate the required application or
have questions that you would like to have addressed, contact
Integrity Partner Development. Go directly to:
https://h20299.www2.hp.com/CustomerTool/.

B. Intel developers workshops:
www.hp.com/go/itaniumdeveloperworkshops - These are North America
only.

C. SunGard SCT is porting Banner to OpenVMS on Integrity;  Folks
probably knew that but I missed it
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/solutions/matrix/i64partner_s.html

D. The new web page for data base folks http://dba.openvms.org/

Partners:

A. Attached is a URL to CA's OpenVMS roadmap
Visit http://ca.com/openvms and click on OpenVMS Road Map at the end
of the overview text. Or, visit:

        http://www3.ca.com/Solutions/Collateral.asp?
CID=69373&ID=4246

 __________________________

B. MSI is pleased to announce it has entered a joint agreement with
Comware Technical Services, Inc. to sell and service VAX, PDP-11, and
HP1000 computer emulators. These products emulate the VAX, PDP,
and HP1000 hardware instruction sets on a Windows-based server.
The beauty of these solutions is that application running on the old
hardware can be transferred to a new Win-server without change! The
emulators even support the use of special hardware that might be
interfaced to these older systems. Thus, investments in software and
specialized hardware is retained while user adjustment is minimal to
non-existent.  These benefits are realized while moving to modern,
smaller, faster, less costly hardware.

If you're using any of this older hardware in-house, or know of other
parties that are, I hope you'll consider our emulation solutions. They
are a highly effective means of extending the life of useful hardware
and software while shedding the older processor upon which they rely,
all with minimal disruption to the end user. More technical information
on the VAX, PDP-11, and HP1000 emulators can be found at
www.comwaretech.com, or by contacting Comware or MSI directly.

________________________________

Training:
 BRUDEN has been involved with developing and delivering V8.2 and
Itanium training to HP employees since December, 2004. These courses
are now available to the public.

   BRUDEN is proud to announce the public enrollment availability of the
following courses:

A.    U8631S OpenVMS V8.2 Technical Update $ 1,195.00
         July 14-15 at Colorado Springs, CO
         August 22-23 at Littleton, MA

B.   U8632S OpenVMS V8.2 Internals Update $ 2,395.00
        July 18-22 at Colorado Springs, CO
        August 29-September 2 at Littleton, MA

Please go to www.BRUDEN.com or contact Bruce Ellis at (719) 531-6127
for details on enrolling.