[Vms.sig-hu] Disaster Checklist Customer Letter (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2005. Sze. 23., P, 08:22:19 CEST

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:20:09 -0400
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: Disaster Checklist Customer Letter

Dear distribution lists,

Thanks to Mark Silverberg for this. Since this year has bought a lot of
natural and un-natural disasters.

Attached is a Disaster Checklist and HP Support Number letter our sales
force sends to customers to reinforce our support structure.  Please
feel free to use as needed.

Sue (yes still leaving today, just getting my fix in)

SUBJ:  ACTION:  Disaster Checklist and HP Support Numbers

Dear [insert customer name],

Your business is important to us and I'd like to share some timely
information with you about how to protect your valuable computing
investment and data - especially in light of the potential new threat
from Hurricane Rita in the Gulf of Mexico.

Today, any amount of IT downtime can mean lost productivity, lost
revenue, lost customers, and lost opportunities.  As we witnessed with
Hurricane Katrina and as we all keep an eye on the track of Hurricane
Rita, you need to have a plan to reduce your company's exposure and
vulnerability, help protect your mission-critical operations against
diverse downtime threats, and ease your recovery if an unforeseeable
catastrophe strikes.

In the event of a disaster striking, HP is standing ready with two forms
of customer support:  the Americas Emergency Response Center and HP
Business Continuity Services.  The Americas Emergency Response
Center is
available to respond to all HP customers, all sizes and types, whose
operations or equipment are affected by a potential hurricane or other
disaster.  Keep these numbers handy:

HP Warranty at 800-474-6836
HP Contract at 800-633-3600 or 404-648-0200

Additionally, HP's Business Continuity Services is geared up to provide
needed business continuity and availability services.  Customers can get
more information by calling:

    General customer calls:  800-HPinvent or 800-474-6836
    General number for assistance:  800-752-0900

How to protect your vital business assets against service interruptions
To help you prepare for the potential impact of Hurricane Rita and other
disasters, the following checklist will assist you in shutting down
systems prior to an emergency evacuation. This checklist includes data
back up procedures and processes for powering down HP server and
storage
systems.  Please follow the manufacturer's recommended procedures
for
shutting down and powering off equipment that is not manufactured by
HP.

Recommendations for powering down HP systems
1.	Perform a full data backup to removable media for each
system.
Take the media with you to restore your system if needed.
2.	Gather all information about your system configuration,
network
addresses and system layouts - including an infrastructure map - which
you can take to rebuild the systems with similar equipment if your
facility is damaged.
3.	Shutdown the operating systems for each system in the
facility.
If you are unsure of how to shut down your operating system contact
HP
at 1-800-633-3600 for contract support, and 1-800-474-6836 for
warranty
support.
4.	After the operating systems have been shut down on each
server,
go to the storage cabinets and power off the cabinets and/or storage
libraries.  If the storage is not supplied by HP, follow the shutdown
and power off guidelines specified by the manufacturer.  If you are
unsure of the correct procedures in shutting down and removing power
from your HP storage contact HP at 1-800-633-3600.
EVA Shutdown and Power off procedures
Select an Option:
*        EVA Power Shutdowns:  On the front panel select SHUTDOWNS
with
POWER OFF for each EVA cabinet.  This will allow the batteries to see
the shutdown command and prevent them from going into discharge
mode.
*        From the Storage Maintenance Appliance using command view,
select your Storage Cell or EVA; from the shutdown tab, select POWER
DOWN with the zero minutes in the time box.  This will shut down the
entire cabinet including disk drives.

Power off procedures for XP storage systems
*        Contact the HP Stress Free Center at 1-800-633-3600 for
assistance in properly shutting down and preserving your stored data.

5.	Power down all network racks including switches, routers,
hubs,
etc.
6.	Power down all cabinets that include servers and other
external
equipment.
7.	Turn off the bar breakers included within the cabinets.
8.	Disconnect the equipment from its electrical source and any
back-up batteries.
9.	Turn off the UPS systems.
10.	Place HP UPS systems in the off position and disconnect
facility
power.
11.	Turn off the breakers for the room.
12.	Take backup tapes and infrastructure maps with you to
enable the
restoring of data and rebuilding of equipment if it is necessary.

If you have questions regarding powering your HP equipment back up,
please contact 1-800-633-3600 for contract support or 1-800-474-6836
for
warranty support.

HP is committed to helping you manage operational risk.  Reducing risk
and having a good readiness plan make good business sense.  Please
don't
hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Ingyenes hirdetés feladás az [origo] aprón!  Már több mint 180.000 ajánlat!
http://apro.origo.hu/