[Vms.sig-hu] Updated VMS Information (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2006. Júl. 27., Cs, 07:49:22 CEST

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:50:44 -0400
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: Updated VMS Information

Dear Folks,

Please find some updated VMS information which I think you will like.  I
am still out of the office until Aug 7th but I wanted to get this out.
Sorry about the size.

I miss you all and thank you for all your support

GBH
Sue

>From VMS Engineering

_________________

ABS V4.3A (801) Released

The ABS/MDMS Engineering team is happy to announce the availability
of
ABS V4.3A (801) remedial kit.

This release provides the support for RDF V4.3I on OpenVMS Alpha V8.2
system.

  The kit can be obtained in the following ways -

1) Internal location for download:

   The kit is copied to Bulova as ABS_V43A_0801_0801.ZIP and is
available at the following location:

   BULOVA::PUBLIC5$:[000000.STORAGE.ABS.KITS]

2) External location for download:

The kit is also uploaded to the ITRC website as a zip file that is
separately available for
OpenVMS on VAX, Alpha and I64. Following are the zip file names for the
three different platforms:
   - ABS_AXPVMS_V43A_801.ZIP on OpenVMS Alpha

   - ABS_VAXVMS_V43A_801.ZIP on OpenVMS VAX

   - ABS_I64VMS_V43A_801.ZIP on OpenVMS I64

______________________________
Announcing  HP C++ V7.2 for OpenVMS Integrity servers

HP C++ for OpenVMS Integrity servers provides industry-leading
compiler
and run-time library technology and is based on the ISO C++
International Standard. Support is provided for other language dialects
to ease porting your applications to the OpenVMS Integrity platform.
The Version 7.2 release adds support for building both 32-bit and 64-bit
applications.  HP C++ has been designed to optimize performance at
the
highest level of quality.  Customers can develop and deploy applications
running at peak performance on a variety of  Integrity 64-bit
processors.

Availability:

HP C++ V7.2 for OpenVMS on HP Integrity servers is available on the
June
2006 OpenVMS Layered Products CD-ROM Library.

Resources:

HP C++ for OpenVMS Software Product Description :
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/commercial/cplus/docs/spd.pdf

HP C++ for OpenVMS Technical Documentation:
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/commercial/cplus/cplus_index.html
Rick McLaughlin, OpenVMS C++ Business Manager,
Rick.McLaughlin at hp.com

_____________________________

Announcing Fortran V8.1 for OpenVMS on HP Integrity servers

HP Fortran V8.1 for OpenVMS on HP Integrity servers is a high quality
compiler release which is based on the Fortran 95/90 standards. This
product release also supports FDML (Fortran Data Manipulation
Language)
and CDD (Common Data Dictionary).

Availability:

HP Fortran V8.1 for OpenVMS on HP Integrity servers is available on the
June 2006 OpenVMS Layered Products CD-ROM Library.

Resources:

Fortran Software Product Description:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/info/SP5618/SP5618PF.PDF

Fortran Technical Documentation:
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/fortran.html

Rick McLaughlin, OpenVMS Fortran Business Manager,
Rick.McLaughlin at hp.com
________________________________

Announcing Pascal V6.0 for OpenVMS on HP Integrity servers and Alpha
Systems

HP Pascal  meets the Federal Information Processing Standard
Publications (FIPS-109) requirements by accepting programs
conforming to
the ANSI standard. Many features from the Extended Pascal Standard
are
also supported.  HP Pascal has a solid reputation as a production
quality, high performance, an "Industrial Strength" compiler.  It is a
full compiler-not an interpretive one. Tightly integrated with the
Integrity and Alpha architecture, it delivers optimal performance.

HP Pascal for OpenVMS is the only Pascal compiler that runs on
OpenVMS.
It is available for the application developer who requires high
performance, dependability, and commitment to industry standards
with a
proven service and support track record.

New Features:

New SELECT and SELECTONE statements.  These new statements are
similar
to the CASE statement but allow for run-time expressions on the select
labels unlike CASE which restricts the program to compile-time
expressions.

The IN and NOT IN binary operators have been extended to accept
string
operands.  For strings, IN and NOT IN function the same as the
INDEX(string,substring) function.

The SUBSTR predeclared function has been extended to allow the 3rd
operand to be omitted.  When omitted, the SUBSTR function returns the
string from the specified start index to the "end of the string".

A new %FLOAT directive has been added to return the default
floating-point setting.  This new directive is useful along with the %IF
conditional compilation facility when porting code from OpenVMS Alpha
OpenVMS I64.

Several new directives have been added to define floating constants of
specific formats regardless of the default floating-point setting of the
compilation.  These directives are %F_FLOAT, %D_FLOAT, %G_FLOAT,
%S_FLOAT, and %T_FLOAT.

The BIN, OCT, HEX, DEC, and UDEC predeclared functions can now be
used
in constant-expressions.  Besides the obvious use in a CONST
declaration, this new feature provides a method for writing numeric
constants with the %MESSAGE, %INFO, %WARN, and %ERROR
directives.

A new BYTE_ALIGNED_POINTERS has been added to the /ASSUME DCL
qualifier.
This new option tells the compiler to assume that pointers refer to
unaligned memory instead of the default assumption that pointers refer
to quadword aligned memory returned via the NEW predeclared
function.

Availability:

HP Pascal V6.0 for OpenVMS on HP Integrity servers and Alpha systems
is
available on the June 2006 OpenVMS Layered  Product CD-ROM
Libraries.

Resources:

Pascal Software Product Description:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/info/SP2511/SP2511PF.PDF

Pascal Technical Documentation:
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/pascal.html

Rick McLaughlin, OpenVMS Pascal Business Manager,
Rick.McLaughlin at hp.com

In the Press

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=3841FA26-2EF7-
40FE-85C7-F
BD9DABF4295 	HP reworks storage software

http://www.crn.com.au/story.aspx?CIID=57237&src=site-marq HP
unveils
"Atlanta" SMB storage device

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?
articleID=19050082
3 - Despite Setbacks, Intel Says Itanium Is Here To Stay

http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=15222 - OpenVMS - a
System of
Structure

IDC White Paper -  IDC White Paper: The Next Wave Of Server
Deployments
by
Hewlett-Packard IT Manager
 ... In the near future, two more mission-critical operating systems,
OpenVMS and NonStop Kernel (NSK), will also be available on Integrity
servers. ... http://tinyurl.com/jgodd

http://whitepaper.informationweek.com/cmpinformationweek/search/ind
ex/so
l_summary/83449?
pos=1&trkpg=PARTNER_SEARCH_RESULTS_CMPINFORMATIONWEEK&st
ype=key&n=83449&c=CMPINFORMATIONWEEK
	(guess they missed the VMS announcment)

>From our Partners

Intel launches dual-core Itanium 2- Integrity sales are about 15 percent
of Total Tec's business, compared with about 30 percent in HP servers
and blades overall. But Holzenthaler said he expects that to move to
parity this year as OpenVMS gets more popular on Integrity.
http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?
articleID=190500673

http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?
id=39933&cid=8 -
Today in Products: Panasonic introduces SLR offering
... announced the release of CryptoStor Tape software suite, featuring
OpenVMS compatibility and tape encryption features that work with
LTO-3
and other enterprise ...

>From Process Software - http://www.process.com/VMSauth/index.html
VMS
Authentication Module

PointSecure Releases PointAudit Version 5.2  -PointAudit scans HP
OpenVMS systems to provide detailed information and reports on file
security, system settings, user profiles, installed products, and
patches - enabling security managers, auditors, or OpenVMS
administrators to quickly and easily determine if their HP OpenVMS
security settings are in compliance with corporate security policies,
government regulations, or industry best practices
http://home.nestor.minsk.by/computers/news/2006/06/2606.html

Diskeeper Corporation Europe Maintains Top Spot as Automatic Disk
Defragmenter of Choice - formerly Executive Software(R)) is the
undisputed leader in automatic defragmentation technology for
Windows
NT(R), 2000, XP and OpenVMS(R) operating systems - Diskeeper
Corporation
Europe, the market leader in automatic defragmentation software today
received a new award from PC Pro Magazine, the IT professional's
choice
in computer magazines, reinforcing Diskeeper's position as the world's
Number One Automatic Defragmenter(TM).

Attachmate Launches Advanced SOA Solution for Mainframe Systems;
Verastream Host Integrator 6.0 Transforms Legacy Applications into
SOA
Assets, Boosting End User Productivity, Reducing Costs and Simplifying
IT Administration
http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?
ndmViewId=news
_view&newsId=20060724005215&newsLang=en

New Tape Encryption Suite Enables High-Performance LTO-3 Security
and
Support for OpenVMS
Posted on 22 June 2006. NeoScale Systems announced OpenVMS
compatibility
and a new suite of high-performance tape encryption features that offer
superior usability and serviceability for LTO-3 and other popular
enterprise performance tape technologies. Available with the CryptoStor
Tape appliance, the new encryption suite will be presented at the 2006
HP Americas StorageWorks Conference in Las Vegas from June 21-23
http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=4031

Advanced Systems Concepts Unveils ActiveBatch Support For Web
Services
Programming - Alternative to Existing COM Interface Gives
Linux/Unix/OpenVMS Users New Options
http://au.sys-con.com/read/235253.htm

Nice success story from ISE and Shaw Communications
http://www.i-s-e.com/Success/ISE_Success_Story_24/index.html

 Here's the latest CHARON newsletter.  We're announcing CHARON-AXP
and
CHARON-VAXstation products.

   http://www.stanq.com/charon-vax.html     and
   http://www.stanq.com/charon-alpha.html

_____________________
Encompass

HP TECHNOLOGY FORUM  SESSION CATALOG - YOUR SOURCE FOR
COMPLETE SESSION
INFORMATION
The HP Technology Forum session catalog provides a comprehensive
look at
400+ in-depth hands-on labs and training sessions. Review the catalog
at: https://www.hptechnologyforum.com/catalog/controller/catalog

______________________
Oracle Rdb Forums - Time Sensitive
The US 2006 Rdb Technical Forums are fast approaching! We've been
working hard to finalize the agenda and complete all the preparations.
Everything is almost ready. The only thing missing is your registration!
Sessions to be covered at the Forums include:

Oracle Rdb Business and Product Update
Rdb Product Support Update
Oracle Rdb Training Update
HP OpenVMS Technical Update
Connecting to Rdb from .NET
Distributed Transactions and Database Links to Rdb
Rdb JDBC Update
Rdb External Functions: Advanced Topics
OpenVMS on Integrity
Rdb 7.2 Update
Performance Of Oracle Rdb 72 On Integrity Servers
Rdb Performance Using VMS Memory Management Advanced Features
Sorted Index Creation Performance
Lock Partitioning Performance Impacts in Cluster Configurations
JCC LogMiner Loader Update
Rdb FAQ's: a report from Rdb Support
Rdb Futures
And more...
The dates and locations for this year's US based Forums are:

September 12-13, 2006
Oracle's New England Development Center
One Oracle Drive
Nashua, NH, 03062
USA

October 19-20, 2006
Oracle Headquarters Conference Center
350 Oracle Parkway
Redwood Shores, CA
USA

Think about how this information could help you in your work.

Are you thinking about reducing costs with a migration to Itanium based
HP Integrity hardware? You can learn about Rdb 7.2 and hear about
what
other customers have experienced when porting their applications to
this
new platform.
Would you like to know how to connect to Rdb from a .NET client? We
can
tell you.
Would you like to learn how to enhance your application's performance
on
Alpha or Integrity? Let us show you how.
I think you'll agree that these two day, free seminars, with plenty of
time to interact with the developers who bring you these powerful
features will be a valuable investment of your time. If you agree you
can register for one of the events at:

http://www.oracle.com/webapps/events/EventsDetail.jsp?
p_eventId=34804

Jobs

 ote 6.0                 VMS System Manager in Paradise               No