[Vms.sig-hu] Updated VMS Information - ok for external. (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2006. Már. 9., Cs, 07:22:44 CET

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:21:33 -0500
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: Updated VMS Information - ok for external.

Dear Folks,

It is my pleasure to send you some updated VMS information which I
hope
you will find useful.  We have a lot of "In the Press" and a new success
story and one job included in this message.

Warm Regards,
Sue

OpenVMS Boot Camp Update
Current status
Registration goal 200
Folks Registered: 60
Percent Full: 30%
Number of Countries represented: 12
Countries represented: Germany, USA, Netherlands, UK, Tenerife (part
of
Spain), Sweden, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Ireland, Canada,
Switzerland Folks from outside the US: 29 Folks from inside the US: 31
For the agenda, registration, hotel, questions and other information
please visit the web page at:
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/symposium/index.html

Technical Journal Update
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/journal/index.html
Current Status - Views to day 14,219
Next Issue out in June 2006
Please submit your call for participation prior to March 25th via the
web at: http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/journal/cfp.html
All articles are due May 15
The updated OpenVMS roadmaps are now posted on:
External web site:
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/roadmap/openvms_roadmaps.ht

Did you know that customers can get 30% off of Digital Press when they
order after clicking from the OpenVMS web site?

If you missed last weeks event with Mark Hurd here is the url to listen
to the replay  http://www.hp.com/go/hplive.

In the press regarding Integrity

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6045436.html HP
prepares 'infinity'
campaign for Itanium servers

http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2006/03/03/214567/Oracleex
pandsIt
aniumsupport.htm Oracle Expands Itanium Support

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6044983.html  Oracle to expand
Itanium support

http://news.com.com/Oracle+to+expand+Itanium+support/2100-
1012_3-6044983
.html?tag=nefd.top Oracle to expand Itanium support

http://www.eetimes.com/news/design/showArticle.jhtml?
articleID=181500386
Oracle gets behind Intel's Itanium

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7002628629 Oracle Will
Expand
Its Support For Itanium Servers

http://www.itweb.co.za/sections/computing/2006/0603031030.asp?
A=SBC&S=Se
rvers#1 Oracle to support Itanium

http://www.itworld.com/Comp/1361/060302itaniummap/ HP, Intel,
Oracle
offer Itanium road maps

http://www.internetnews.com/ent-news/article.php/3588831 Oracle
Joining
HP's Itanium-based Integrity

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?
articleID=18150023
3&subSection=Breaking+News Oracle Gets Behind Itanium

http://www.itjungle.com/tug/tug030206-story02.html Oracle Designates
HP-UX on Itanium a Strategic Platform It almost doesn't matter, though,
because with 7,100 applications running on Itanium today and its five
strategic operating systems also on the box--that would be HP-UX,
Windows, Linux, OpenVMS, and NonStop--HP is not about to backtrack
now.
And neither is Intel, no matter how much IBM and Sun Microsystems
protest otherwise. If the worldwide economy suffers a 2001-class
shock,
and IT spending plummets, then Sparc, Power, and Itanium

FYI in the Press
http://www.itjungle.com/tug/tug022306-story02.html Itanium
Proponents
Say Ecosystem Is Growing
http://www.internetnews.com/infra/article.php/3586176 Itanium on the
Grow?
http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?
NewsID=5399&Page=1&pagePos
=12&inkc=0 Itanium has bright future ahead

VMS Related in the Press

http://www.techweb.com/showPressRelease.jhtml?articleID=X442957  -
TechWeb

Oracle Unveils Oracle(R) Rdb 7.2 for HP OpenVMS on HP Integrity
Servers
and AlphaServer Systems

http://webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?SESSIONID=&aId=10657 -
Webwire

Oracle Unveils Oracle(r) Rdb 7.2 for HP OpenVMS on HP Integrity Servers
and AlphaServer Systems

http://www.strategiy.com/itnew.asp?id=20060219035549 HP shows
Middle
East enterprises how to reduce costs and increase efficiency

http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid5_gci
116
6335,00.html Users give HP EVA plans the nod

http://www.itjungle.com/breaking/bn021506-story01.html HP's
Restructurings Start to Pay Off in Profits in Q1

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/02/04/064540.php While the book
is
not about VMS the review mentions is
prominently ;-)

NEW VMS SUCCESS STORY

New Dartmouth College success story highlights OpenVMS,
storage, services

"We turned to HP in the first place because of their
expertise, and now we count on it being there every day,"
said David L. Bucciero,Director of Technical Services at
Dartmouth, in Hanover, New Hampshire, the ninth oldest
college in the U.S. and a member of the venerable Ivy
League.

To view the success story, click the following link:
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/success-stories.html#education

Jobs:
Hi Susan,
I know you meet and talk to a lot of sales people in your position. Have
you spoken to any sales person that has impressed you? I have an
opening
for an additional sales guy for the Boston metro area; can you forward
me their contact info? I appreciate your help.
thanks

gary w

Thank you,

F. Gary Wielgoszinski
Corporate Regional Sales Manager
SMS Systems Maintenance Services, Inc.
Phone 978-562-2853 x232
Cell 978-852-4269
eFax 707-371-1933
fgaryw at sysmaint.com
www.sysmaint.com

[origo] klikkbank lakossági számlacsomag havi 199 Ft-ért, bankkártya éves díj nélkül!
http://www.klikkbank.hu