[Vms.sig-hu] Updated VMS Information - Ok for External (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2006. Nov. 17., P, 10:04:05 CET

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:39:28 -0500
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: Updated VMS Information - Ok for External

Dear Internal and External Distribution lists,

Attached please find some updated OpenVMS information that you will
find
useful. Everything is public except the jobs which have personal email
addresses so please do not post the jobs, I have nothing to do with
hiring anyone, I just care that folks have jobs.  Also please keep in
mind that this is not a newsletter, it is just an email that I do to
help out.

Warm Regards,
Sue

1. Announcements and Information
	1.1 	NOW AVAILABLE ON INTEGRITY SERVER (Hobby and
Edu
licenses)
	1.2	OpenVMS.org in new languages
	1.3	January Technical Journal articles now due
	1.4 	Quote regarding the porting workshops
	1.5 	VMS Customer Lab

2.0 Our Friends From Encompass/User Groups
3.0 Sue's Fav's
4.0 From Our Partners
5.0 In the Press
6.0 Jobs

1. Announcements and Information

We will be having an OpenVMS Ambassadors meeting (internal only) the
week of Dec 11th.  However there will be a Partners Roundhouse on
Monday
evening please visit the following for details:
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/ambassadors/roundhouse.html

1.1 	NOW AVAILABLE ON INTEGRITY SERVERS (web site will reflect
these
changes this week)
	OpenVMS Hobby Program For a free Hobbyist licenses on
Integrity
please visit - Overall information
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/license_software_programs/inde
x.html

	http://www.openvmshobbyist.com/
	OpenVMS Edu For free Edu licenses on Integrity please visit
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvmsedu/schoolreg.html you will
notice that
we have changed the expiration dates until Oct 2007 so there is not
such
a rush at the beginning of the academic year.

1.2 Great News - OpenVMS.Org is now available in
English	www.openvms.org
French	http://fr.openvms.org/
Italian	http://it.openvms.org/
German	http://de.openvms.org/stories.php
And I heard that we may be seeing a Dutch version as well and while
we
are on the topic of OpenVMS.org please visit and provide feedback
about
pod casts, I have heard a couple samples that are just awesome.

1.3 Technical Journal Articles now due
Technical Journal Articles are due on November 15 and by the looks of
the abstracts we are going to have another excellent issue.  Speaking
of
the OpenVMS Technical Journal we average about 50,000 views a year,
so
far this year we are a little over 45,000 views Technical Journal
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/journal/index.html

Articles for the January 2007 issue of the OpenVMS Technical Journal are
due today Nov 15, 2006.

1.4 Quote regarding the porting workshops

"The cost of the workshop is an absolute bargain.  Few venues can
provide that level of access to engineers directly involved making the
porting as easy as possible.  Coupled with the gifting of the server you
used in the workshop, the value is unmatched."

1.5 VMS Customer Lab - Did you know that there is a customer lab here
in
ZKO where customers and partners can come and test their software
on the
latest software and hardware? These engagements can be done on-
site or
remotely.  If you are interested in finding out more information please
contact John Egolf (john.egolf at hp.com)

2.0 Our Friends From Encompass/User Groups

America http://www.encompassUS.org/

Interested in joining the VMS SIG dialogue? You can join the mailing
list
at:
http://listserv.encompassUS.org/Scripts/wa-ENCOMPASS.exe?
SUBED1=vms-sig&
A=1
or search the archives at
http://listserv.encompassUS.org/Archives/vms-sig.html. For a complete
list of Special Interest Group's go to:
http://www.encompassus.org/community/sigs/.

Encompass Canada is currently accepting nominations for its Board of
Directors for this 2006 election year.  The term of office on the Board
is two years from January 1, 2007 to December 31, 2008. Be part of the
team http://www.encompasscanada.com/

Europe - http://www.hp-interex.com/

Australia - http://www.encompass.asn.au/,

New Zealand - http://www.decus.org.nz/

3.0 Sue's Fav's

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2006/061109b.html - This
is a
press release from HP that allows customers to review HP products.....
Customers can now rate and review HP consumer technology products
online
at the HP Home & Home Office Store ....Currently, customers may submit
reviews for HP imaging and printing products, including printers,
scanners and all-in-ones; additional product lines are planned to be
added over time.

http://www.cafepress.com/tardedmonkey/1969130 - This is a web site
that
has VMS stuff (shirts, mouse pads, bags, mugs, journal books).  This is
not where I order my stuff but they have some nice looking stuff.

4.0 From Our Partners

Accucorp Version 8 Beta Program to be involved please visit
http://www.acucorp.com/support/beta_program/index.php

Brilliant will now market, sell and support Quintara Secure Server
WWW.trysecureserver.com

5.0 In the Press

http://www.itjungle.com/tug/tug110906-story02.html HP Taps Fink to
Run
Business Critical Servers Division

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2052120,00.asp -InterSystems'
Cache
2007 Speeds Database Development

http://www.cmcrossroads.com/content/view/7248/166/ - McCabe
Releases
Comprehensive Configuration Management Upgrade

http://www.ferret.com.au/articles/zz/view.asp?id=2245 Manage product
data with Windchill PDMLink 8.0

6.0 Jobs
US
This is a great company that does a lot of VMS work but this current
opening is not for a VMS person. Must have strong system
administration
skills in the "W" operating system? In Nashua Software Concepts
International, LLC 402 Amherst Street, Suite 300 Nashua, NH 03063
Tel: +1 (603) 879-9022 x110
FAX: +1 (603) 879-9023
Please send your resume to Bryan at
holland at sciinc.com
www.sciinc.com

UK

Send mail to Randy.Nelson at parexel.com

We are looking for an Oracle DBA for our office in Uxbridge (west of
London) in the U.K.

Applicant should be able to work in VMS, linux, hp-ux and windows
environments.

If you have any resumes, or know of anyone interested, please have
them
send me a copy of their resume and I'll pass it on.

Kötelező biztosítás 2007 - Kalkulálj és nyerj!
Számold ki köteleződet és nyerd meg a 1.500.000 Ft készpénzt!
http://ad.adverticum.net/b/cl,1,6022,121586,192520/click.prm