[Vms.sig-hu] Updated VMS Information (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2007. Jan. 22., H, 09:04:44 CET

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:54:22 -0500
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: Updated VMS Information

Dear Distribution Lists,

Enclosed please find the most recent VMS update which I think you will
find useful.  The updates go out aprox every two weeks.  I send this
document out in a text format to make it easier for folks (since folks
have asked why) vs Rich Text or a word doc.  So far only one complaint
about readability which is not bad considering the size of the audience.
Many thanks to folks who sent in items.

Warm Regards,
Sue

TOC
1.0 Sue's Fav's - Some very cool stuff this time.
2.0 Time Sensitive
	2.1 Technical Seminars in Toronto and Montreal Canada in Feb
	2.2 DECUS Germany April 17-19
	2.3 New England Local User Group meeting Jan 24th
	2.4 UK User Group URL

3.0 Education
	3.1 Hp Education
	3.2 Parsec conducting OpenVMS Boot Camp training class
February
5-16 (not the same as the VMS Engineering OpenVMS Advanced
Technical
Boot Camp)
4.0 From Engineering
	4.1 Oracle Server 10gR2 and Rdb have been certified on
OpenVMS
I64 V8.3 for Montecito systems
	4.2 Whitepapers
5.0 From our Partners
	5.1 Process Software's VMS Authentication Module (VAM) v2.0
is
now released
	5.2 Synergy/DE 8.3.1d is now available on Windows and
OpenVMS
6.0 In the Press
7.0 Job

1.0 Sue's Fav's

Camiel Vanderhoeven, an OpenVMS hobbyist and enthusiast from the
Netherlands, has spent the last few months writing an ES40 emulator.
Version 0.6 of this emulator has now been released under the GNU GPL
(open source). Though the SRM console comes up, and most SRM
commands
work properly, this version does not completely work yet, and is not
suitable for running OpenVMS yet.

At this point, Camiel can't manage releasing a completely working
version any time soon, therefore it's put up for download fro people to
play with. You may notice that the code isn't all "neat" yet. Camiel
felt, however, that he couldn't keep people waiting much longer.

The code can be downloaded from http://www.camicom.com/es40.
Make sure
to read the release notes. If you happen to discover mistakes in the
code, or if you have any questions, you can reach Camiel at
camiel at camicom.com. He'd greatly appreciate that.

BRUDEN-OSSG is proud to announce the addition of Kevin FitzPatrick to
its staff.  Kevin is a former Senior Solutions Architect for the HP TEC
Group and is known for his efforts to meet the requests of HP's
OpenVMS
and Unix customers worldwide.  He is a former OpenVMS Ambassador
and a
member of the Encompass Canada Board.  He has extensive experience
delivering transition consulting workshops on HP-UX, OpenVMS,
Windows
and Linux.
He will act as the BRUDEN-OSSG Global Business Manager. Kevin can be
reached at Kevin.FitzPatrick at BRUDEN.com.

VMS Slogan Improved with Age, Wine, Wisdom, OpenVMS - Thanks to
Bruce C

VMS Audio Cast 3.0 is now available http://www.openvms.org/ right
hand
nav bar

New Partner that I just found out about for VMS - Our PrivateServer-
HSM
is a product that provides a secure environment for conducting sensitive
cryptographic operations for financial systems, Certificate Authority
organizations and for general purpose applications that requires digital
signatures solutions, encryption/decryption etc.  Our site is
www.arx.com.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/1/prweb497151.htm Review of
Roland
Hughes' book, The Minimum You Need to know to be an OpenVMS
Application
Developer

OpenVMS Advanced Technical BootCamp which is not the same as the
Boot
Camp offered by Parsec (see Education) is scheduled for the week of
May
20th 2007 at the Sheraton in Nashua, NH.  Registration has not opened
yet, since we have not started CFP yet either but thank you for all your
emails on this topic.  Don't worry I will let you know.  This year we
will be offering several scholarships
	2 will go to folks willing to do a VMS on Integrity Testimonial
(send mail to myself and Dan Klein (Dan's email is his name @hp.com).
	2 will go to VMS users under 28 (need to send a note from
their
manager and not be a previous scholarship winner)
	1 will be a hardship scholarship (need a real good reason to
win
this one)

http://www.johncleesepodcast.co.uk/cleeseblog/ nothing to do with
VMS
but I like John Cleese
2.0 Time Sensitive

2.1 Registration Now Open for Toronto and Montreal Seminars in
February
- See you there

Encompass Canada Technical Directions' Seminar Series:  Toronto
February
20 and Montreal February 22, 2007 Registration is now open for our
technical seminars in Toronto and Montreal.
These events are part of our ongoing 'Technical Directions' series
presented by Encompass Canada in collaboration with HP (Canada).

Early registration is recommended due to limited seating at the event
venues. For more information about the seminars and the agenda,
please
visit our agenda page regularly for the latest updates:
http://www.encompasscanada.com/seminar-agenda.htm.

2.2 DECUS Germany April 17-19  See you there!
http://www.decus.de            or, if you prefer
http://www.hp-user-society.de  or
http://it-symposium2007.de

2.3 New England LUG meeting