[Vms.sig-hu] Fwd: OpenVMS Update - Ok for external - Monday June 4th

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2007. Jún. 5., K, 12:30:09 CEST

---------- Eredeti üzenet ----------
Dátum: 2007. jún. 04. Hétfő 22:11:44
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Tárgy: OpenVMS Update - Ok for external - Monday June 4th

Dear Internal and External Distribution lists,

Enclosed please find the latest VMS Update sorry for the delay, I think
the size explains it.

Folks where do I start, there is so much to talk about. Probably with
the usual disclaimer that this is not an official newsletter just an
email between friends. We have had so much happen, hopefully you have
seen the Blades announcement from last week. The Boot Camp was the
biggest thing recently which has also received excellent customer
feedback. At this point I can honestly say the ball room for the
Keynotes was standing room only and the team did an amazing job. At the
Partners Roundhouse on Tuesday evening it was packed, there were folks 5
deep to look at VMS running on HP Blades and a variety of Integrity
Servers. There were over 185 sessions and we added 4 based on customer
request during the week.

Also as you read some of our Partner news and quotes on other web sites
its very interesting to see who some of our customers are. Also of note
is the Parsec Operating System IQ test (see 6.5).

All URLs work, they may wrap so please check before sending me email.

Warm Regards as always,
Sue

Table of Contents
1.0 From OpenVMS Engineering
1.1 HP OpenVMS Announces Support for HP Blade Systems
1.2 Letter from Ann McQuaid
2.0 Sue's Fav's
2.1 OpenVMS Roadmaps
2.2 Server matrix
2.3 Partner application A-Z listing
2.4 Where to purchase Alphas and Options
2.5 DECedout
3.0 From OpenVMS.org
3.1 Audio Updates
3.2 Golden Eggs
4.0 In the Press
5.0 The National Computer Museum at Bletchley Park
6.0 From our Partners:
6.1 XUIS - The British Library read up on ConsoleWorks"
6.2 Announcement from XUIS
6.3 Unicenter System Watchdog for OpenVMS r2.4 SP3 Japanese
OpenVMS Certification
6.4 ISE Software - New live Flash demos available, customer
success story available
**6.5 Parsec Operating System IQ Quiz ******
7.0 Press Release - Legacy Technologies Releases SecurityGuard for
Itanium

------------------------------
1.0 From OpenVMS Engineering

Now for the updated information.

1.1 Biggest news - HP OpenVMS Announces Support for HP BladeSystems
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/cclass_support.html

1.2 Letter from Ann McQuaid
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/news/annmcquaid.html

-------------------------
2.0 Sue's Fav's

2.1 I get asked this just about every day. Here is the URL for the
OpenVMS Roadmaps they are public.
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/roadmap/openvms_roadmaps.htm

2.2 Here is another very useful site for you. Please go to this site, it
will answer many of your questions.
HP OpenVMS for Integrity servers and AlphaServer systems
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/servermatrix.html

2.3 I know I put this one in a lot, but it is constantly changing

Alphabetical listing of OpenVMS business partners and profiles
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/partners/index.html
----------------

2.4 Where to buy Alphas if you still need them

EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa), AP, Japan http://h40046.www4.hp.com/

Americas
http://h20330.www2.hp.com/hpfinancialservices/cache/257411-0-0-225-121.h
tml
----------------

2.5 *****Anyone that remembers DEC (you do not need to have worked for
DEC, I checked and have the email to confirm) can join - ...a website
established to benefit anyone and everyone who ever worked for Digital
Equipment Corporation, regardless of where they live or for whom they
work now
http://www.decedout.org/ ******

-----------------

3.0 From OpenVMS.org
www.openvms.org

3.1 Audio Updates -
http://www.openvms.org/pages.php?page=VPN
Make sure you give feedback - you make a difference

Did you know that openvms.org was in three languages, French, Dutch and
Italian? There is also an article with blogs from the boot camp along
with attendee quotes.

3.2 Golden Eggs - This is one of my favorite parts of openvms.org - If
you are new Golden Eggs is a configuration library done voluntarily by
Matti Patari, Helsinki Finland. He has done some amazing work including
Alpha, Integrity (all sizes) and Prolient, VMS and other OS's. Take a
look
http://www.openvms.org/pages.php?page=GoldenEggs
--------------------------

4.0 In the Press

http://www.windowsfordevices.com/news/NS9469673388.html Mimer
Information Technology is readying a new version of its SQL database for
mobile devices.

Slashdot question -
http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/12/1059258

----------------------------
5.0 The National Computer Museum at Bletchley Park

From: Kevin Murrell [kevin_AT_tnmoc_DOT_org]
The National Computer Museum at Bletchley Park in the UK run their web
accessible retro operating systems on an OpenVMS host under the Hobbyist
programme.
SIMH is used to simulate hardware for running several early Digital
operating systems, such as OS8, RT11 and RSTS. It was important for the
museum to able to provide a secure and resilient system for computer
historians and scientists - the system manager at the museum, Kevin
Murrell, said he wouldn't consider putting a system on the web, and
offering open logins, unless he was sure both the server and their
internal business systems were absolutely secure.
The system runs on an Alpha Server 800. The museum has several earlier
machines running VMS include a VAX 750 and a MicroVAX 3. The retro O/S
emulation machine can be accessed via http://retrobeep.no-ip.org and is
available 24/7.

Find out more about the Museum here: http://www.ccht.co.uk/index.htm
------------------
6.0 From our Partners:

6.1 Folks you have to look at this on the XUIS web site "The British
Library read up on ConsoleWorks"
http://www.xuis.com/documents/consoleworks/74.pdf

6.2 Also from XUIS - http://www.xuis.com/products/schedule/ from their
web site - Most batch job scheduling software is native to only one
platform; not XS-EnterpriseSCHEDULE, which is extending the boundaries
of automated job scheduling as the pre-eminent job scheduler for
Windows, AIX, OpenVMS, HPUX, Linux, Solaris and Tru64 UNIX.

-------------------

6.3 Unicenter System Watchdog for OpenVMS r2.4 SP3 Japanese OpenVMS
Certification

CA is pleased to announce certification of Unicenter System Watchdog for
OpenVMS r2.4 SP3 when used on Japanese OpenVMS.
This is an English only product there is no double-byte support for
non-English characters.
No patches are required for Japanese OpenVMS.
Please refer to the support matrix for product patches or version
support for OpenVMS Alpha.
All English OpenVMS product patches would be required on Japanese
OpenVMS
For more information see
http://supportconnectw.ca.com/public/uniwatchdogopenvms/uniwatchdog_supp
.asp

Robert E. Puishys Jr.
CA

------------------------

6.4 ISE Software

New live Flash demos available - http://www.i-s-e.com/
EnterpriseSCHEDULE is the job scheduler that runs native on Windows,
OpenVMS, HP-UX, AIX, Linux, Solaris and Tru64UNIX. With the release of
the new Web client for browser based scheduling and the Windows
NT/2000/XP client, jobs can now be managed, controlled and monitored
from a single workstation across all varieties of operating systems.

http://www.i-s-e.com/Success/ISE_Success_Story_36/ - Campus Credit Union

-------------------------
6.5 Parsec OS IQ Quiz

For all of you OpenVMS and Tru64 fanatics, PARSEC Group has initiated an
IQ quiz to test your knowledge of the best operating systems on the
planet. The quiz questions range from user level through internals with
a few trivia questions thrown in just for fun. You can sign up to have a
multiple-choice question sent to you via email either once or twice a
week. There is even a Hall-Of-Fame set up to give recognition to those
of you real OpenVMS and Tru64 wizards. Come on and give it a try!!
Signing up is easy, just go to http://www.parsec.com/general/iqquiz.php
to sign up today.

7.0 Press Release - Legacy Technologies Releases SecurityGuard for
Itanium
Legacy Technologies Releases SecurityGuard for Itanium
The most powerful security product offered on the OpenVMS platform ---
now available on Itanium.

Spanish Fork, UT - October 1, 2006 -- Legacy Technologies, LLC the
leader in Security Software for the OpenVMS platform, announced today
that the most powerful security product available for OpenVMS,
SecurityGuard, is now available for Itanium.

Security Guard augments the security that is inherent in OpenVMS. The
software does not seek to replace security features built into the
operating system, but rather adds security to existing areas not
protected. It contains three separate security products (AUDIT,
INTRUDER ALERT, and KBLOCK) that when combined make up the SecurityGuard
product, the most powerful Security tool available for Itanium.

*Audit enhances native security by providing terminal session
logging, audit trail reduction, analysis, and reporting, not otherwise
available on OpenVMS systems.

*Intruder Alert provides real-time intrusion detection and
response capabilities, which enable administrators to proactively
manage computing environment security.

*KBLock enhances native OpenVMS Security for VAX/Alpha and
Itanium, by providing easily implemented protections to unattended
active terminals. Such functionality is not otherwise available in
standard OpenVMS environments.

About ProvN
You may notice we have a new name: ProvN. We are committed to providing
the same great products and support. Our products have "proven" to be
effective both financially and technically in today's ever demanding
enterprise systems. We look forward to continuing to provide ProvN
solutions.
ProvN provides a wide range of IT solutions for organizations of all
sizes using OpenVMS, UNIX, Windows, NT and XP Client-Server computing
environments. The long standing stability of these IT solutions and our
superior technical services are the hallmark of ProvN's success. ProvN
is committed to taking their customers well into the 21st century.
Contact:

Julia Layton
Legacy Technologies
8252 South 1200 West
Spanish Fork, UT 84660
Phone: 801-446-5739
Fax 801-798-8811
JuliaL at Legacy-2000.com
www.Legacy-2000.com

35% kedvezmény a Háttér Kiadó köteteire. Minden héten óriási engedmények. Könyvmaraton az Alexandrával hétfőtől szerdáig
http://ad.adverticum.net/b/cl,1,6022,174120,234263/click.prm
--------- következő rész ---------
Egy csatolt HTML állomány át lett konvertálva...