[Vms.sig-hu] Updated VMS Information - Ok for External use (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2007. Már. 10., Szo, 08:31:12 CET

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 14:51:51 -0500
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: Updated VMS Information - Ok for External use

Dear Distribution Lists,

Here is a VMS Update for you.  This one has an amazing amount of
useful
information for you.  Please make sure you look at the Index.  Two
reminders for you, first this is not an official newsletter, its just an
email between friends, second I have nothing to do with hiring folks so
jobs posted here are informational only.

Sorry about the size.

Warm Regards,
Sue

1.0 Time Sensitive - Porting workshops Mar 13-15, Jun 12-14

2.0 Sue's Fav's
	2.1 VMS Web Server
	2.2 SATURN Customer Testimonial
	2.3 OpenVMS.org
	2.4 Adventures in Consulting
	2.5 VAMP site is back
	2.6 Fresh Golden Eggs

3.0 OpenVMS Advanced Technical Boot Camp Update
4.0 VMS Technical Journal
5.0 From VMS Engineering
	5.1 Daylight Savings Time
	5.2 C and C++ T7.3 for OpenVMS Alpha and Integrity
customer
field test
6.0 From Our Partners
	6.1 Oracle is currently working on 10gR2 version of Oracle
Standard Edition
	6.2 HP PerfDat OpenVMS V3.3-ECO3 kit as well as HP PerfDat
GUI
kit V3.3-4 have been released.
	6.3 certification of Unicenter Performance Management for
OpenVMS r2.4 SP3 and Unicenter Performance Management for
OpenVMS I64 r3
when used on 	Japanese OpenVMS.
7.0 In The Press
8.0 From Encompass
	8.1 Canada
	8.2 US
9.0	Jobs (2)

1.0 Time Sensitive
Only two porting workshops planned for 2007
Long Beach CA, Mar 13-15 2007
East Rutherford NJ, Jun 12-14 2007
Register now, we're starting to fill up!
For more info see:
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/bus/bus_BusDetailPage_IDX/1,1252,
6045,00.
html

We will have workshops in Nashua NH for qualified customers /
partners,
on-demand as time allows and we can schedule.  We will also be
having a
Porting workshop the week be the Boot Camp

2.0 Sue's Fav's

2.1 Did you know that the OpenVMS HP Web server  serves over 15,000
pages to over 2,600 customers and downloads over 5GB of data Daily.
(or
100,000+images/pages/files) while using 33 minutes of cpu  - 2.48%
CPU
load 1.23 requests/sec - 63.5 kB/second - 51.8 kB/request on a DS20.
How
cool is this!

from 209 top level domains (year) and over 45,000 subdomains (year)

------------------

2.2 SATURN Customer Testimonial
http://h71028.www7.hp.com/ERC/downloads/4AA0-8708EEW.pdf

------------------
2.3  As always www.openvms.org is going to be one of my favorite sites
and if you have not listened to the VMS audio casts you are missing a
real treat.

------------------
2.4 Adventures in Consulting:
http://www.openvms.org/stories.php?story=07/01/26/9673297
Adventures in Consulting: A Few Tapes Article from Bruce Claremont
about
converting  a few 9-track tapes to CD or DVD. The individual making the
request had four tapes containing VMS backup save sets and three
tapes
containing data copied from a PDP-11

2.5 VAMP site is back
http://www.openvms.org/stories.php?story=07/01/27/6688087 VAMP
Site is
back

2.6 Fresh Golden Eggs from our friend in the Artic Tundra:

http://goldeneggs.spyderbyte.com/geggs/GErx2660x.pdf

http://goldeneggs.spyderbyte.com/geggs/GErx3600x.pdf

http://goldeneggs.spyderbyte.com/geggs/GErx6600x.pdf

http://goldeneggs.spyderbyte.com/geggs/GTMSA30MIb.pdf

3.0  OpenVMS Advanced Technical Boot Camp Update - Things are
progressing very well for the boot camp, we have over 110 sessions for
the Boot Camp and starting Wed next week I will start working on the
agenda which will take a few days.  The week prior to the Boot Camp
we
will be having seminars for the attendees all which have been confirmed
they are; the ever popular Crash Dump analysis by Rob Eulenstein, a
Porting Workshop by John Egolf (same session no charge but you do
not
leave with a machine), and TCP/IP is now confirmed as well.  The TCP/IP
information is not yet on the web site.

You can register for the boot camp if you wish, currently 30 folks have
and of that number 33% are new to the boot camp.
Http://h71000.www7.hp.com/symposium

4.0 VMS Technical Journal - Call for participation for the June issue of
the OpenVMS Technical journal.  If you would like to write an article
please submit your abstract via the web at
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/journal/cfp.html so far this year
the
VTJ has received over 11,000 views.  So far we have 6 articles that
folks want to write, thanks so much. - Sue  Articles will be due May 15

5.0 From VMS Engineering

5.1 Daylight Savings Time

OpenVMS has been publicizing the impact of DST for about a year now
and
has been providing our customers with patch kits for months.

Here are web sites of note:
The OpenVMS Daylight Saving Time website is here, and contains
pointers
to all available OpenVMS patch kits:
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/dst.html

The HP external DST Website is here:  www.hp.com/go/dst
5.2 C and C++ T7.3 for OpenVMS Alpha and Integrity customer field test
Dear HP Customer,

You are invited to participate in the HP C and C++ T7.3 for OpenVMS
Alpha and Integrity customer field test.

HP V7.3 C and C++ Product Schedule
*	Field Test  is scheduled to begin in early February 2007. Field
test will end for Alpha on March 26, 2007 and Integrity on June 1, 2007.

*	Final product release for C and C++ for OpenVMS Alpha is
planned
for May 18, 2007.
*	Final product release for C and C++ for OpenVMS Integrity is
planned for August 6, 2007.

Prerequisites
You will need to have a supported operating system and hardware
configuration per the field test software product description.
Field test software and documentation will be distributed via web
download; there will be no physical media produced for field test.
Sites must comply with the Terms and Conditions of the OpenVMS
Software
Pre-Release license agreement, which will be found on the field test
website. (If you require an advance copy of this agreement, please let
me know and I'll arrange for one to be made available to you.)
Sites must test on nonproduction machines only. Use of field test
software on production machines is highly discouraged.
Sites may be asked to provide site configuration information (hardware
and software) to HP.
Sites must agree to install the field test kit and update the test
system within five working days of kit availability.
Sites must agree to test or use the software on a regular and frequent
basis, and to inform HP of any problems found with the software or
documentation.
Sites must agree to respond to HP's periodic polling related to the
field test software.

Please Indicate Your Interest in Field Test
If you would like to participate in the HP C and C++ for OpenVMS Alpha
and Integrity Field Test, please respond as soon as possible, and
provide me with the following information for my records (unless you've
recently send me this information):

  1. COMPANY NAME:
  2. CONTACT NAME:
  3. COMPANY PHONE #, (INCLUDING AREA CODE):
  4. STREET ADDRESS - (NO P.O. BOXES PLEASE):
  5. CITY:
  6. STATE:
  7. COUNTRY:
  8. ZIP (or Postal) CODE:
  9. Email address:

Thank you for your interest in the C and C++ for OpenVMS field test.

Sincerely,

Edith Migliaccio
HP C/C++ Field Test Management
OpenVMSfieldtestops at hp.com

_______________
___

6.0 From Our Partners

6.1 Oracle is currently working on 10gR2 version of Oracle Standard
Edition
Oracle is currently working on 10gR2 version of Oracle Standard Edition.
Oracle is planning to support Standard Edition for the VMS 10.2 releases
via a patch, which will transform an Enterprise Edition install into a
Standard Edition Install. Oracle is targeting to release this patch no
later than the end of Q2CY07. The bug numbers against which the
patch
will be issued are:
5918466 (Alpha) and 5918474 (Integrity).

Check Oracle's metalink.oracle.com site for the latest updates..

------------------------

6.2 HP PerfDat OpenVMS V3.3-ECO3 kit as well as HP PerfDat GUI kit
V3.3-4 have been released.

Both Kits can be downloaded from http://hpperfdat.compinia.com
Present
users are encouraged to look at the new features available with the
improved Windows GUI.

Any new users are reminded that you can download the necessary kits
from
the above location and test drive the software in your own
environment.
Once you install the OpenVMS collector kit a 30 day trial license will
be applied.

If you need more information or have any further questions regarding
HP
PerfDat contact us on: perfdat at compinia.com

-----------------------------

6.3 certification of Unicenter Performance Management for OpenVMS
r2.4
SP3 and Unicenter Performance Management for OpenVMS I64 r3 when
used on
Japanese OpenVMS.
CA is pleased to announce certification of Unicenter Performance
Management for OpenVMS r2.4 SP3 and Unicenter Performance
Management for
OpenVMS I64 r3 when used on Japanese OpenVMS.

These are English only products, there is no double-byte support for
non-English characters.

No patches are required for Japanese OpenVMS.

Please refer to the support matrix for product patches or version
support for OpenVMS Alpha and OpenVMS I64.  All English OpenVMS
product
patches would be required on Japanese OpenVMS.

Thank you for your continued support of CA and its products.  If you
have any questions about this Product Maintenance Letter or any other
questions about this product, please contact your local CA Technical
Support organization.

Robert E. Puishys Jr.
CA

____________________________

7.0 In The Press

http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/articles.asp?
aid=354746&ssid=54&sid=BUS
Hewlett-Packard launches new range integrity server line-up

http://www.itjungle.com/tug/tug021507-story01.html HP Adds Entry
Itanium
Servers, Finally Delivers HP-UX 11i v3

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=215743
CONNX
Solutions Announces Continued Commitment to OpenVMS on HP
Integrity
Servers

http://www.clickpress.com/releases/Detailed/29071005cp.shtml Cincom
Systems' SUPRA PDM 2.5 for OpenVMS Now Available for Upgrade

http://www.managingautomation.com/maonline/news/read/RealTime_J
ob_Schedu
ler_Gets_Update_27992	Real-Time Job Scheduler Gets Update

http://tinyurl.com/2oeocc Attachmate Announces Enhanced Solution for
Legacy-to-SOA Integration

http://tinyurl.com/yq5zgm Diskeeper Corporation overtakes the mark of
excellence yet again with over 23 Million licences sold

http://www.gcn.com/print/26_04/43159-1.html GCN at 25: VAX for the
memory

8.0 From Encompass

	8.1 Canada -  http://www.encompasscanada.org
	Toronto and Montreal Seminars to be Annual Events
http://www.encompasscanada.com/events-tor07-eventrecap.htm
	The Edmonton Area Local Users Group (EARLUG), a
recognized
special user group of Encompass Canada, will be celebrating its 30th
anniversary in 	Edmonton, Alberta this coming April.
http://earlug.org/

	8.2 US - HP Tech Forum
http://www.encompassus.org/events/conference/2007/index.cfm June
18-21
		US Encompass President blog
http://president.blogs.encompassus.org/.

Jobs

1. Job from Slashdot -
http://jobs.slashdot.org/job/411770d734db5c4dfbdc7a32033ceb9a/?
d=1 they
want VMS expertise

2. Position Available:

Baptist Health located in Jacksonville, FL with additional facilities in
St. John and Nassau counties seeks a senior level OpenVMS
professional
to enhance its existing Technical Support Team. Our aggressive growth
plans anticipate the approval of a 6th medical facility in neighboring
Clay county.  Our current environment consists of GS1280 clusters with
EMA and EVA SAN attached storage supporting CERNER's Millennium and
Classic clinical applications.

The candidate will be detailed oriented, able to multi-task, have
advanced systems management level skills and able to communicate
effectively, both written and verbal, to all levels of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have experience with Microsoft desktop
applications, project planning, problem solving, operating system
upgrades, patch installs, documentation generation, disaster recovery
planning/testing and advanced DCL skills. In addition, experience with
both EMA and EVA SAN storage management, utilizing both hardware
mirror/stripe sets and HBVS with large storage farms running ORACLE is
required. Experience in the CERNER environment with both HP TCP/IP
and
Multinet is a plus. Any UNIX experience would be an additional plus. An
attractive salary, benefits package and relocation assistance is
available.

If interested, please respond to technicalsupport at bmcjax.com and
include
salary requirements in your cover letter. Resumes without a cover letter
and salary requirements will not be considered.

Visit our website at e-baptisthealth.com and view this link for details
about one of our facilities:
http://www.cerner.com/public/NewsReleases_1a.asp?
id=257&cid=4416)

A legolcsóbb repülőjegyet keresi? Hasonlítsa össze a légitársaságok ajánlatait!
http://repulojegy.budavartours.hu/?utm_campaign=freemail_dm&utm_source=hreemail_hirlevel&utm_medium=email&utm_content=freemail_hrlv_link