[Vms.sig-hu] Fwd: OpenVMS Update

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2008. Ápr. 3., Cs, 08:40:23 CEST

---------- Eredeti üzenet ----------
Dátum: 2008. ápr. 02. Szerda 20:57:04
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Tárgy: OpenVMS Update

Dear Distribution lists,

There is so much wonderful and exciting news for you. As always this is just an email between friends and not a newsletter. I have included a boot camp update so you do not have to get more than one email. There is also a job that someone forwarded along.

Have a great day.

Sue

Time Sensitive - HP and Oracle event in NY and DC April 30th and May 1

Boot Camp Update

>From Engineering
Released ABS V4.4B
Marketing material

Sue's Fav's
HP OpenVMS Systems Open Source Tools
Computer Jargon
OpenVMS mentioned in HP's Security Handbook
Customer Success Story Synergex and DaVita Laboratory Services (on Integrity)

OpenVMS.org
Audio Cast #17 now available
Developer resources for HP Integrity servers CD

Oracle
JCC's product, the LogMiner Loader runs on IPF VMS V8.3 (and 1h1), Alpha VMS V8.3 and earlier versions

User Groups
Encompass Hosting a number of excellent technical talks
You need to vote if you are a user group member - Stand for something or you will fall for anything

Friends of VMS
Bob Gezelter has established a group for the OpenVMS community on LinkedIn.
>From Camiel pleased to announce that version 0.18 of the ES40 Emulator

Job
Australia - VSM
-----------------------------

Time Sensitive April 30 New York City and May 1st Washington DC
HP & Oracle invite you to an
Oracle Database and Oracle Rdb on OpenVMS Technical Update

Presentations by Oracle and HP Engineering, NY and DC

Wednesday, April 30, 2008, New York City at HP office, 2 Penn Plaza
Thursday, May 1st, Washington, DC, at HP office, 1100 New York Avenue

8:30 AM - 4:00 PM

Topics

Oracle Database and Oracle Rdb Business and Product Updates

HP OpenVMS Technical Update

Building the Oracle Rdb Native I64 JIT Code Generator

Oracle Rdb I64 Large Systems Testing

Oracle Rdb 7.3 New Features

Performance of the Oracle Database on Itanium

Oracle Database 10.2.0.4 and 11gR2 for OpenVMS

If you are planning to attend please send an email to: Nancy.davidson at hp.com And include your name; title; company name; phone; email and specify location.
(Due to the security at the buildings we need to submit a list of attendees in advance)
--------------------------

Boot Camp Update http://www.hp.com/go/openvms/bootcamp

All the keynotes are now listed

We have 97 seats remaining, 103 seats are now taken

Seminars the week prior (free to attendees)and only open to attendees.
If you have signed up you are confirmed.
TCP/IP - Matt Muggeridge - Wed-Friday (Edison CR) 2 remaining seats

Disaster Proof: How to Design, Build, and Test a Disaster-Tolerant OpenVMS Cluster - Keith Parris - Monday and Tuesday 13 remaining seats and Thursday and Friday 3 remaining seats both sessions in the Hustvedt Conference Room

CIFs in the Archimedes Confrence room there are now 3 seats remaining

RTR - Robert Nydal - 4 days (Tues - Friday) Stannard Conference Room

Sizing Storage Arrays for Performance (Tue-Fri)- Metcalf & Boggs Confrence Room, Instructor, John B Fisher

Countries
England 5
Russia 7
Scotland 1
Sweden 16
Canadarg

The new Audio Cast number 17 is now available on OpenVMS.Org http://www.openvms.org/pages.php?page=VAN show notes http://www.openvms.org/pages.php?page=VAU-2008-03-31_17 this version contains a great update from Nina Buik our user group president.

http://www.openvms.org/stories.php?story=08/03/28/6968562 Developer resources for HP Integrity servers CD

Oracle

JCC's product, the LogMiner Loader runs on IPF VMS V8.3 (and 1h1), Alpha VMS V8.3 and earlier versions. (The documentation includes more details on the version matrix.) The Loader is currently in version 3.1.4. I will include the announcement below. First, from our web pages, the following high level description.

The JCC LogMiner Loader(tm) is a fast, powerful, flexible tool to reflect data changes from a source database to multiple targets. The source is an Rdb(tm) database. Targets can be other Rdb databases, Oracle(r) databases, a customer supplied API in XML format, or can use a JDBC class 4 driver to write to an SQL Server database or another compliant target. The Loader is extensively tested and tuned for all recent versions of these companion products.

The announcement follows.

JCC's LogMiner Loader Version 3.1.4 is now available for downloading. This release includes corrections, new features, and an enhancement to an existing feature. ...

* All known issues are corrected.

o For XML: RowCount was not displaying correctly

o Extended use of Rdb's '/IGNORE=OLD

* Enhancement

o Validation for Loadername value

* New Features

o User control for establishing periodic detaching and reattaching to the target database (important in some environments using an Oracle target)

o For Oracle targets: optimization for insert intensive environments

Please contact us <jcc_lmloader at jcc.com> if there are questions or if you need to acquire a license or renew support.

User Groups

Encompass is hosting a number of really excellent web cast trainings that you need to know about. I have listed them below, I know you will really be happy with the speakers. Please feel free to forward this message. You do need to register for these web casts.

Warm Regards,
Sue

https://www.encompassus.org/events/Webcasts/Encompass_webcasts.cfm.

Using OpenVMS Clusters for Disaster Tolerance - A "Sneak Peek"
Speaker: Keith Parris, HP