[Vms.sig-hu] Fwd: OpenVMS Update - ok for external

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2008. Feb. 5., K, 15:00:43 CET

---------- Eredeti üzenet ----------
Dátum: 2008. jan. 29. Kedd 22:56:24
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Tárgy: OpenVMS Update - ok for external

Dear Internal and External Distribution Lists,

Enclosed please find the latest OpenVMS Update.  This is not an official HP newsletter of any kind, it is an email between friends.  There are also several jobs included (I have nothing to do with hiring anyone either).

If you receive more than one copy of this email can you please let me know.

If you post please do not include folks email.

Please remember to check the HP OpenVMS Web Site on a regular basis
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/

And OpenVMS.org
www.openvms.org

As always, thank you for your support and for being the wonderful people you are.

Warm Regards,
Sue

Please make sure the URLs have not wrapped to the next line if there is a problem.

_______________________

Table of Contents.

1.0 TIME SENSITIVE

1.1 WEB CAST THIS WEEK - Jan 31 for DSPP members
1.2 Feb 20-21 Integrity Users Conference
1.3 March 30-April 2 SCPUG Conference
1.4 March 4th  2008 - seminar on Networks and SANs - UK
1.5 Boot Camp week of May 18

2.0 Sue's Fav's
2.1 OMX and Bombay Stock Exchange
2.2 HP Operations Manager HTTPs Agent and Smart Plug-In
2.3 New Golden Eggs - HP Integrity servers. rx2660, rx3600, rx6600 up to SuperDome

3.0 Partners:
3.1 HP PerfDat OpenVMS V3.3-ECO5 Kit
3.2 Charron VAX news
3.4 CA announces beta of CA Performance Management for OpenVMS r3.1
3.5 Process Software's VMS Authentication Module (VAM) v2.1

4.0 Training
4.1 Parsec OpenVMS Immersion [U3585S] two week training session

5.0 Jobs
5.1 Christiana Care Health System - Philly area
5.2 Qwest Columbus, Ohio
5.3 VMS system Admin/Programmer-Cincinnati, Ohio

6.0 VMS in the Press
1.0 TIME SENSITIVE

1.1 WEB CAST THIS WEEK - Jan 31 for DSPP members.  If you are a partner and not a DSPP member this is a program really worth your time.

The following OpenVMS Web Cast is designed for OpenVMS Partners
NOTICE that it is 10;11 PST
Topic: OpenVMS 8.3-1H1 and the 30th Anniversary of OpenVMS! (There is also a storage update at the end, I saw the slides today)
When: January 31 2008
Time 10-11 PST
Registration and information link is now posted on the DSPP site here:  (URL may wrap) http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/site/dspp/menuitem.4fec34fa086db5cad9b7aa33ed74e601/?eventMonth=1200101715677&isArchive=false&topic=

------------------------
1.2 Feb 20-21 Integrity Users Conference
Richardson Texas - Registration is still open.

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/news/TSG_Cust_Integrity_eVite_FINAL.pdf

--------------------------
1.3 March 30-April 2 SCPUG Conference

This year the SCPUG conference will be returning to the Doubletree at Warren Place in Tulsa, OK.

Folks from VMS will be in Tulsa at the http://www.esp-tulsa.com/ics/PUG/

------------------------
1.4 March 4th  2008 - seminar on Networks and SANs - UK
http://www.hpug.org.uk/index.php?option=com_events&task=view_detail&agid=40&year=2008&month=03&day=04&Itemid=45

------------------------
Week of May 18 OpenVMS Boot Camp. The web site is not ready yet but if you want to register you can. The Class ID# is 524478.  Here is last years page with instructions. (Yes someone has already registered).
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/symposium/?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

_____________________________
2.0 Sue's Fav's

2.1 OMX is a wonderful partner here is a press release you may be interested in.

OMX Investor News OMX signs technology agreement with Bombay Stock Exchange
http://www.omxgroup.com/nordicexchange/newsandstatistics/companynotices/Article/?msgId=631712â329=en

----------------------

2.2 HP Operations Manager HTTPs Agent and Smart Plug-In for OpenVMS on Alpha and Integrity Servers!

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/products/openvms_ovo_agent/index.html or
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/products/openvms_ovo_agent/INDEX_HTTPS.HTML

----------------------
2.3
Our Dear friend Matti has been up to his old tricks and has created additional Golden Eggs for us.  If you do not know what a Golden Egg is now is your chance.  Please do this, its really worth your time

Fresh Golden Eggs for HP ProLiant Tower servers: ML350 G5 and ML370 G5

The basket contains also a complete Golden Eggs set of  HP Integrity servers. rx2660, rx3600, rx6600 up to SuperDome.
All in shiny flashing colours, very easy to follow and understand.

Proposal:
When you need an Integrity configuration diagram to support your customer quote, just send a request to Matti.
He will put together a supporting picture for you.

Direct link to the Basket: http://www.openvms.org/pages.php?page=GoldenEggs

3.0 Partners:

3.1 To all active users of HP Perfdat (the ultimate performance analysis tool), this is to remind you that there is a recent ECO Kit that is
available:

HP PerfDat OpenVMS V3.3-ECO5 Kit (30-NOV-2007)

on http://hpperfdat.compinia.com

--------------------------------

3.2 CHARON VAX 6630 virtualization and CHARON VAX 6660 virtualization both now support up to 3 GB of emulated memory space using Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 Edition on HP Proliant Servers & HP Bladeservers, up from the 2 GB previously supported.  This 50% increase in available memory enables CHARON VAX to be a viable migration path to new HP servers for VAX systems where the 2 GB of memory provided by CHARON VAX in earlier versions was insufficient.  More information about CHARON VAX can be found at Salem Automation's website: WWW.CHARONVAX.com .  Sales contact is Charon_Sales at SalemAutomation.com."

FYI (from Sue)

HP sells license certificates to permit the use of supported (active) VAX products on the Charon VAX emulators:

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/sri-charon-vax-emulator.html

The emulators must be purchased directly from Software Resources International (SRI).

http://www.softresint.com/charon-vax/index.htm
http://www.softresint.com/charon-axp/index.htm

---------------------------------
3.4  CA would like to announce the recruitment process has started for the beta of CA Performance Management for OpenVMS r3.1.  We are looking for beta sites on both ALPHA and I64 platforms.  Clients who are using the Performance product and are interested in signing up for the beta can do so at:
http://supportconnectw.ca.com/public/beta/pmopenvms31/pmopenvms31beta.as
(note you need to log into your supportconnect.ca.com account to reach the beta site)

This 3.1 release of CA Performance Management will bring all the new and exciting things we did in the 1st I64 release back to ALPHA along with new features on both ALPHA and I64.

This limited beta is filling up fast, so don't delay putting in your application.
If you have questions or need more information I can be reached at Robert.Puishys at ca.com

3.5 Process Software's VMS Authentication Module (VAM) v2.1, which adds support for RADIUS is now released. VAM provides an added layer of security for protecting mission critical applications running on OpenVMS Integrity, Alpha, and VAX systems. It can be deployed to protect a specific application on the OpenVMS system or as part of OpenVMS LOGINOUT. The RSA SecurID agent, LDAP, or RADIUS client can be integrated into third-party applications using the VMS Authentication Module API.

Process Software is available to help with any special requests including additional authentication methods and application integration.

Feature
- Protects applications from unauthorized users
- Integrates seamlessly with any OpenVMS application
- Fits into your existing RSA SecurID, LDAP, or RADIUS infrastructure
- Provides OpenVMS operating system authentication
- Certified RSA Security partner

For more information on VAM, go to the Process Software website at http://www.process.com/VMSauth/index.html.

4.0 Training

PARSEC Group would like to invite you to attend the newly re-written and updated to V8.3 hp OpenVMS Immersion [U3585S] two week training session that starts March 17, 2008.

This course is primarily designed to provide Customers, Presales Systems Engineers, Services Employees, and Selling Partners with short duration training to help them achieve hp OpenVMS certifications. Students likely to benefit from the course are those with previous hp OpenVMS training and experience that need an update in preparation for certification.

This course supports the following OpenVMS Certification Exams:

Certified System Administrator - HP OpenVMS v8 (Exam HP0-081) Certified Systems Engineer - HP OpenVMS v8 (Exam HP0-082) OpenVMS Network Administration (Exam HP0-083) OpenVMS Security Administration (Exam HP0-276)

Visit our website at www.parsec.com/openvms for information or call us at 888.472.7732.

5.0 Jobs

5.1 We're located just outside Wilmington, Delaware, about 20 miles south of Philadelphia.  The position is for contract with right-to-hire and so, the person would eventually need to be local.

 just wanted to let you know that Christiana Care Health System is looking for an experienced VMS system administrator.  We are running Cerner Millennium and Classic software. I think most of your distribution knows what this requires, but if anyone needs more details or is interested, they can email me at chorenburger at christianacare.org.

Thanks for your help!
------------------------
5.2
Qwest is looking for VMS C++ Consultant in Dublin (Columbus), Ohio

------------------------
5.3 VMS system Admin/Programmer-Cincinnati, Ohio
VMS Systems Admin/Programmer:
Duties include:

Providing day to day systems administration for 2 DEC Alpha Clusters running VMS.
Hardware, Software, and OS Performance Tunning
Installation and configuration of new Hardware and software.
Installation of patches and system upgrades
System Back-UP/Restores
Supporting Developer/DBA

Keith McNeal
Technical Recruiter
Interactive Business Systems, Inc.
135 Merchant Street; Ste. 300
Cincinnati, OH  45246
513-984-2205
513-984-2274 (fax)
kmcneal at ibs.com
www.ibs.com

6.0 VMS in the Press

 http://finchannel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4867&Itemid=38 - HP solutions introduced at UniBank

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=101229 HP Introduces Enhanced Integrity Systems

http://capital.trend.az/?show=news&newsid=1118544&catid=502&subcatid=392â329=EN  Azerbaijani Unibank Introduces HP Servers

--------- következő rész ---------
Egy csatolt HTML állomány át lett konvertálva...