[Vms.sig-hu] Fwd: FW: OpenVMS Update #1 2008 -

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2008. Jan. 19., Szo, 15:48:19 CET

---------- Eredeti üzenet ----------
Dátum: 2008. jan. 09. Szerda 21:18:57
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Tárgy: FW: OpenVMS Update #1 2008 -

Dear Distribution Lists,

Welcome to 2008!  Thank you for all your support and kindness.  I personally appreciate and value you.

There is so much news for you I hardly know where to start, but I will do my best.  As you cab see VMS is still vibrant and doing very well we are excelling in technology as we have done in years but we have a number of excellent customer stories and partner announcements.  We are really fortunate to have so many great people in the VMS team.

Please do not post or forward the job - I still have nothing to do with hiring anyone.

So enough of my chatter and on with the news.

Warm Regards,
Sue

Table of Contents (now I bet you are happy I do this instead of send these as individual email messages)

1.0 **PLEASE put this in your calendar - Boot Camp

2.0 Your Web links

3.0 From OpenVMS Engineering
3.1 CIFS V1.0 is now available
3.2 HP Operations Manager HTTPs Agent and Smart Plug-In
3.3 HP SMH( System Management Home page) for OpenVMS
3.4 HP DECnet SNA Gateway for Channel Transport
3.5 HP Integrity Server Blade Management Software

4.0 Sue's Fav's
4.1 ASX Video
4.2 Deutsche Bourse Video
4.3 Flugger Video
4.4 QEI just completed a co-branded brochure highlighting their SCADA solution
4.5 Emulex host based adapters
4.6 newer technology
4.7 New Audio Cast
4.8 Non paged pool

5.0 Partners
5.1 DSPP Web cast
5.2 Attunity will be releasing version 5.1
5.3 Migration Specialties is please to announce the release of CBL
5.4 DSPP Members ONLY

6.0 VMS in the Press
7.0 Oracle
8.0 Training
9.0 jobs
________________________
________________________

1.0 **PLEASE put this in your calendar

The OpenVMS Advanced Technical Boot Camp is scheduled for the week of MAY 18 2008 - This will be held at the Radisson in Nashua NH (used to be the Sheraton but was sold).  Look for more information coming.

_________________________
_________________________

2.0 Your web links displaying the VMS 30 Year Anniversary logo.

http://www.quadratrix.be/ - Quadratrix

http://www.migrationspecialties.com/OpenVMS.html - Migration Specialties

http://www.stanq.com/blog/?p=20 - Quale Consulting

_________________________________

3.0 From OpenVMS Engineering

3.1 HP OpenVMS CIFS V1.0 is now available at http://h71000.www7.hp.com/network/CIFS_for_Samba.html.
-----------------

3.2 We are delighted to announce the release of the HP Operations Manager HTTPs Agent and Smart Plug-In for OpenVMS on Alpha and Integrity Servers!

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/products/openvms_ovo_agent/index.html or http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/products/openvms_ovo_agent/INDEX_HTTPS.HTML

------------------

3.3 HP SMH( System Management Home page) for OpenVMS replaces HP Insight Management Agents on OpenVMS in the first half of CY 2008

--------------

3.4 HP DECnet SNA Gateway for Channel Transport (CT) for Integrity Server is now available.

------------

3.5 HP Integrity Server Blade Management Software

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/integrity-bl/c-class/860c/compmatrix.html
_________________________________

4.0 Sue's Fav's

4.1  http://hp.feedroom.com/?fr_story=b3312a1f83f1d41db6636d0967601f3e3e1ac50d&rf=bm - Australian Securities Exchange - moving the markets on HP OpenVMS and you will also see some of our friends on this video as well

4.2 http://hp.feedroom.com/?fr_story=b3312a1f83f1d41db6636d0967601f3e3e1ac50d&rf=bm - Deutsche Bourse and HP OpenVMS

4.3 Customer Story from Flugger using Seagull Software video- I really like this story.  http://www.seagullsoftware.com/solutions/flugger/sflugger.html

-----
4.4 QEI just completed a co-branded brochure highlighting their SCADA solution on HP technology, let me know if you need a copy of the brochure.  Sue

--------
4.5 Costa Mesa-based Emulex, a provider of host bus adapters and switches for the storage networking market, said today that its host bus adapters have been qualified for use in HP Integrity rx7640 and rx8640 mid-range servers. The firm's IOC 3532 chips are powering HP-branded, Fibre Channel adapters used for HP'x HP-UX 11i and OpenVMS operating systems running on those systems. HP has both a single-channel and dual-channel HBA which uses the Emulex silicon. Emulex is a developer of host bus adapters, which are used to connect PCs and servers to networked storage, along with switches and other storage networking equipment.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/primenewswire/133262.htm

------
4.6 Many thanks to Paul A

This is an interesting story about a successful OpenVMS application that someone thought would be better off with "newer" technology.  Interesting that it appears on a pro-Windows web site.

    <http://reddevnews.com/devscope/article.aspx?editorialsid=935>;

----------

4.7 Make sure you listen to the Audio Cast on www.openvms.org did you know that you can be part of the audio cast? Its just an MP3 file and we get about a 1000 hits in the first 24 hours.  We really need your participation both as a listener and as a speaker. http://www.openvms.org/pages.php?page=VPN
--------------

4.8 One Saturday afternoon in 1987 I was sitting in ZK01-1 and watched the Non-Paged Pool sign being put up by another VMS developer.   I can't remember who it was though.  If you remember let me know or post a comment here:

http://nozell.com/blog/2005/05/06/non-paged-pool/
or
http://nozell.com/blog/2007/12/11/hp-leaving-nh/

What a ride it has been.

Thanks!

-marc
_______________________
5.0 Partners

5.1 DSPP Web cast - The OpenVMS web cast, & registration link is now posted on the DSPP site here:  http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/site/dspp/menuitem.4fec34fa086db5cad9b7aa33ed74e601/?eventMonth=1200101715677&isArchive=false&topic=
---------

5.2 Attunity will be releasing version 5.1 of the Attunity Integration Suite (AIS) starting December 2007, introducing valuable enhancements that enhance Attunity Connect, Attunity Federate, and Attunity Stream. Highlights of the release include:

1.An innovative "continuous CDC" solution that allows ETL tools to process changes other enterprise data sources in near real-time

2.New version of the SSIS CDC Accelerator - with improved support for working in 32 and 64bit environments

3.Native Attunity Servers on 64bit Windows

4.New 64bit ODBC clients, supporting 64bit applications running on Windows, Linux, and UNIX

5.New and enhanced ADO.NET client to OpenVMS data introduces integration into Microsoft's Visual Studio and support for ADO.NET 2.0

6.User experience improvements to the most commonly used Wizards and Editors in the Attunity Studio

To read more, please contact Attunity at info at attunity.com.

-------------
5.3 Migration Specialties is please to announce the release of CBL, the DIBOL to C Translator, on the HP OpenVMS Integrity platform. CBL translates legacy DIBOL application code to C, allowing clients to retain the institutional knowledge invested in important legacy applications while moving the source code to a modern programming language.

http://www.migrationspecialties.com/WhatsNew.html#CBL023i

---------------------

5.4 DSPP Members ONLY -

>From the DSPP office
Wanted to let you all know that the current version of OpenVMS is now available to our partners at no charge through DSPP.  The DSPP pages and the software depot pages have been updated to offer both the 8.3 and the current 8.3-1H1 versions of OpenVMS to support the partners' development efforts on HP Integrity servers.

I will include the info in upcoming DSPP communication vehicles, but certainly welcome additional distribution through your own channels (which I know are sometimes even more effective!)

Thanks to all who helped make it happen!

http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/site/dspp/menuitem.863c3e4cbcdc3f3515b49c108973a801/?ciid=4408d7c682f02110d7c682f02110275d6e10RCRD

__________________

6.0 VMS in the Press

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/primenewswire/133262.htm - Emulex Extends SAN Connectivity for HP Integrity Servers

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Chipping-Away-at-Unix-in-the-Data-Center-60886.html - Chipping Away at Unix in the Data Center

http://www.cio.com.au/index.php/id;252118407 - Reflection for IBM 2007 - Vista Certified and Security Conscious

http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Samba_to_get_access_to_proprietary_code_from_Microsoft_12084.html - Samba to get access to proprietary code from Microsoft

http://www.sda-asia.com/sda/news/psecom,id,18640,srn,4,nodeid,4,_language,Singapore.html - HP Integrity Server Business Revenue Grows, Strong Applications Support and Customer Adoption

http://www.itbusinessedge.com/blogs/atc/?p=280 - PCIe to the Virtual Rescue

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9049398 - Windows, Linux grow while Unix stays flat (but undefeated)
________________
7.0 Oracle

>From Oracle

We are pleased to announce the release of Oracle Rdb Release 7.2.2.0 (aka V7.2-20).  The kit is available on Metalink with the following patch numbers: 9805911 (OpenVMS Itanium),9805833 (OpenVMS Alpha Optimized kit), and 9805828 (OpenVMS Alpha kit).  The kit will be on OTN shortly.

This release is certified to run on HP's OpenVMS Version 8.3, including the new dual-core Montvale based HP Integrity servers.

http://www.jcc.com/index.htm - JCC Consulting
---------

Free Subscription to Oracle Magazine

www.submag.com/oracle?pk=NA68Q2

______________
8.0 Training

PARSEC Group is hosting an OpenVMS Webinar entitled Introduction to System Dump Analyzer on January 16, 2008 at noon Mountain Time.
Please visit www.parsec.com to register.

_______________

9.0 Jobs

I'm looking for someone who knows VMS internals, particularly file management / caching software in the operating system and in VAXclusters. Can you help me locate such an expert?

Alan seems to think you would know the VMS team(s). I would appreciate having names and/or any contact info you think might help me in my search.

I was at DEC in Maynard 1972-1977, in PDP-11 hardware, PDP-11 operating systems (pre-VAX), and the R&D Group.
Thanks very much for your help.

--John
-----
John Levy, PhD
info at johnlevyexpert.com
Consultant, teacher, expert - computers, software, storage

--------- következő rész ---------
Egy csatolt HTML állomány át lett konvertálva...