[Vms.sig-hu] Fwd: OpenVMS Update ok for external

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2008. Júl. 4., P, 13:23:49 CEST

---------- Eredeti üzenet ----------
Dátum: 2008. júl. 03. Csütörtök 21:38:29
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Tárgy: OpenVMS Update ok for external

Dear Distribution lists, As I am writing this note I am thinking about the VMS community and how special it is.  Have you given a thought about it lately.  Lets just pick one area to brag about today.  Openvms.org, we are so fortunate to have a place where the community can go for un-biased news, information and vendor information.  Ken Farmer does a great job and has done so for a number of years. And what about Marty with the audio cast, Marty used to be in radio and now uses his professional talent to help us.  He does that because he cares about VMS and about the community he has done that as a volunteer.  Ken and Marty have pulled together other speakers for the audio casts and I know that Hoff, Colin, Bruce, Steve (T4) and of course Guy have all had sessions. Anyone can participate that wants to, that means you reading this message.  It just takes a willing spirit, everyone has something to offer that includes a thank you note to people that make our life better and easier.  To the folks that work so hard for the OpenVMS Community at OpenVMS.Org, thank you for the work you do every day supporting us. This OpenVMS Update has a huge amount of information, partner product releases, 3 jobs and enough information to keep you reading for awhile. A few reminders, this is not an official newsletter its just a friendly email.  I do not have anything to do with hiring anyone in any company.  Please do not post jobs with email addresses. Have a great weekend and thank you for everything you do. Warm Regards,Sue _____________________________________________ Index1.0 HP PerfDat V4.1 is now available. 2.0 Sue's Fav's2.1 OpenVMS Active/Active Split-Site Clusters2.2 Great French site2.3 Golden Eggs update2.4 Secure OS article2.5 Reporter attending HPTF2.6 Coverage of the 30-hear anniversary at HPTF 20082.7 "Hey, HP even has an Alpha ReNew program2.8 Another 30th 3.0 Info about our OpenVMS Partners3.1 Kednos offers support for translated PL/I images3.2 MVP Systems, new web site, download and great testimonial page3.3 Seagull Software Nominated for SOA World Readersâ019 Choice Awards3.4 eCube Systems Announces NXTware Eclipse for HP OpenVMS - check this out, quote from Ann McQuaid3.5 Attunity to Provide HP With Real-Time Integration Technologies3.6 Ipesoft Selects AdaCore and GNAT Pro to Develop Real-Time Management and Production Systems 3.7 Attunity Confirms Commitment to HP With Industry's Widest Support For Real-Time Integration Technologies 4.0 Job's4.1 Software Concepts International 4.2 â01CPARSEC Group 4.3 HP OpenVMS recent college graduate Marketing person 5.0 Partner Press Releases        Ecube         MVP   ________________________________________________________________________  1.0 HP PerfDat V4.1 is now available. Here is a short summary of the new features:  For the HP PERFDAT OpenVMS data collector- New top I/O rate device filter- New DEVICE.IOTIMEHIST metric  It contains device I/O service response time histograms for  all file oriented devices collected by the DEVICE metric.      - New DEVICE statistics  DEVICE metric provides I/O response time statistics for all   class driver devices with separate numbers of read, write and   control (non data transfer) I/Os. - Collection profile filters can now contain exclude lists- New deferred data write option For the HP PERFDAT SNMP extension- New deferred data write option For the HP PERFDAT EVA extension- New instantaneous configuration update option Changes in the PERFDAT_MGR utility- Defining the new top I/O rate device filter for OpenVMS data collections- Defining OpenVMS collection filters containing exclude lists- New /DEFERRED_WRITE qualifier to start OpenVMS and SNMP performance data collections  - New START COLLECTION qualifiers to start EVA performance data collections- New SHOW COLLECTION output for EVA performance data collections Changes in the DQL$ utility- Exclude lists can be defined in the ELEMENT for all DQL queries- â018Not equalâ019 operators are supported in the WHERE clause for all DQL queries- New UPDATE HEADER command- Graphs can be created with multiple Y-scales- Silent startup when the utility is called to execute a DQL script from the command line- HP PERFDAT performance database file name cache service       - Cache access is not stalled when the DQL_NAME process updates cache entries HP PERFDAT control logicals and directories- New Custom specific HP PERFDAT control logicals definition script- New default directories And of course bug fixes for various problems that have been reported. To download the latest kit go to: www.perfdat.com  ­­­­_____________________________  2.0 Sue's Fav's  2.1 This is worth reading, printing and giving to friends, family and management.http://www.availabilitydigest.com/public_articles/0306/openvms.pdf Availability Digest highlights â01COpenVMS Active/Active Split-Site Clusters ---------------------- 2.2 If you speak or read French please check out one of our partners in France this is beautiful http://www.codat.fr/ --------------------- 2.3 Speaking of OpenVMS.org our friend Matti Patari sends the following Golden Eggs message along.  Not familiar with the Golden Eggs configuration tool, its worth a look it is a very active site.  From MattiOur alive DEC/Compaq/HP Server Museum, Golden Eggs has been in a active use, Jun-2008.- 3030 visits- 8180 hits- 1020 different search key phrases have been Googled safely to the basket- 824MB of downloaded, equals 9000 PDF documents of brilliant configuration information Golden Eggs is the only, single portal for Digital, Compaq and HP information.Most interesting recent updates are AMD Quad-core servers, 2P and 8P Self service Golden Eggs:http://goldeneggs.spyderbyte.com/ --------------------------- 2.4 Interesting article on secure OS http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=471  ----------------------------- Thanks to Keith2.5 An HP 3000 ecosystem reporter struggles to attend the OpenVMS Roadmap session at HPTF 2008: http://3000newswire.blogs.com/3000_newswire/2008/06/press-thats-not.html 2.6 Coverage of the 30-hear anniversary at HPTF 2008: http://3000newswire.blogs.com/3000_newswire/newsmakers/index.html He notes that "VMS achieved the critical mass which MPE didn't" and has survived. He feels OpenVMS forms the backbone of the new Connect user group. 2.7 "Hey, HP even has an Alpha ReNew program now, one where you can purchase Alpha enterprise servers from the vendor for use in the VMS environment." at http://3000newswire.blogs.com/3000_newswire/2008/06/which-hp-world.html 2.8 Another good quote, from http://3000newswire.blogs.com/3000_newswire/2008/06/ "HP, having purchased Digital through its Compaq acquisition, is celebrating the 30th anniversary of VMS. DEC users who have endured wrong-headed management and unlucky timing on technology innovations should be proud. They use one of the last vendor-built operating environments, an OS with acolytes so ardent they gather for a Boot Camp each year in Nashua, New Hampshire" ________________________________________________________ 3.0 Info about our OpenVMS Partners 3.1 Kednos offers support for translated PL/I images Kednos is announcing the field test release of it's PL/I Run-Time Library for Translated Images on OpenVMS I64. This means that PL/I images originally compiled and linked under OpenVMS Alpha can now be translated using HP's OpenVMS Migration Software for Alpha to Integrity Servers (OMSAIS) and executed on OpenVMS I64. For more information see the Kednos website at:     www.kednos.com For the announcement:     http://www.kednos.com/pli/docs/announcements/pli_rtl_av-20080623.pdf ------------------------------ 3.2  MVP Systems Releases New Website http://www.mvpsi.com/ you might also want to check out their testimonial page which has a list of customers including OpenVMS customers http://www.mvpsi.com/testimonials.html  also from MVP  OpenVMS Batch Job Scheduling Like you, MVP Systems recognizes that OpenVMS is still alive and kicking. And since 1991, MVP Systems has been developing JAMS for OpenVMS with the goal of providing the most robust and flexible OpenVMS batch job scheduling solution.  Our 500 OpenVMS customers would probably tell you that we have accomplished our goals.  JAMS for OpenVMS takes advantage of the stability and power of OpenVMS while, at the same time, giving you the flexibility to run jobs on numerous platforms like Windows, Linux, NonStop, and UNIX. As an HP Integrity Business Partner, JAMS was the second product certified for OpenVMS on the HP Integrity platform. To download a fully-functioning demo of JAMS for OpenVMS http://www.mvpsi.com/DownloadCentral.aspx ------------------------------------3.3 Seagull Software Nominated for SOA World Readersâ019 Choice Awardshttp://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080626006212&newsLang=en ------------------------------------------ 3.4 eCube Systems Announces NXTware Eclipse for HP OpenVMShttp://www.prweb.com/releases/Eclipse/OpenVMS/prweb1022474.htm ------------------------------------------------ 3.5 Attunity to Provide HP With Real-Time Integration Technologieshttp://www.redorbit.com/news/technology/1437067/attunity_to_provide_hp_with_realtime_integration_technologies/ -------------------------------------------------3.6 Ipesoft Selects AdaCore and GNAT Pro to Develop Real-Time Management and Production Systems  http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080617005256&newsLang=en ---------------------3.7 Attunity Confirms Commitment to HP With Industry's Widest Support For Real-Time Integration Technologieshttp://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/200806161203PR_NEWS_USPR_____UKM025.htm _________________4.0 Job's   mccusker at sciinc.com4.1 Software Concepts International LLC (SCI), a world wide leader in remote database and systems management and migration is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its OpenVMS System Services Division. Come join our team of world-class database and system administrators based in Nashua, New Hampshire.  JOB DESCRIPTION Responsibilities include working with our worldwide OpenVMS customers to ensure the highest level of system reliability and performance possible.  Lead role in the design and development of tools to perform remote OpenVMS management functions.    Provide analytical and technical assistance to resolve customer's critical OpenVMS issues.  Assist in developing methods to enhance tools for remotely managing and analyzing OpenVMS Systems.  Be available for on-call duties for mission-critical applications.  JOB REQUIREMENTS  ·         5+ years experience as an OpenVMS System Administrator. ·         Must demonstrate strong system administration skills in an OpenVMS environment.  Strong software engineering (development) skills -- specifically related to the development of system-management related tools. Proven and demonstrated ability to create and use tools to perform OpenVMS system management functions. ·         Strong familiarity with DCL programming and troubleshooting. ·         Ability to visualize problems and develop effective solutions for complex issues.  Excellent problem-solving skills for complex issues - ability to visualize problems and develop effective solutions. ·         Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. ·         Positive attitude and demeanor. ·         Highly motivated. ·         Bachelors degree in technical area OR technical training equivalent.   PREFERRED EXPERIENCE  Familiarity with the WorkStream® or MANMAN® application, database administration experience with Oracle Rdb or CODASYL DBMS in an Open VMS environment a plus.________________________________   4.2 â01CPARSEC Group is looking for an OpenVMS expert with FORTRAN expertise on VAX. This work is to start ASAP and will be performed onsite for one of our clients on the East Coast. It is currently scheduled to last for a period of up to 2 years. If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume to experts at parsec.com. â01C Dawn RubinMarketing & Sales Directordrubin at parsec.com PARSEC Group, Inc.999 18th Street Suite 1725Denver, CO 80202Office: 720-962-9583FAX: 303-763-9909Toll Free: 888-472-7732www.parsec.com__________________________  4.3 HP OpenVMS Marketing job - (((((not stated in this req but they are looking for a recent college graduate, in HP terms that means graduated within two years))) OpenVMS Go-To-Market Program Manager/Evangelist/Trainer - 233252 (((the number is the req number which you use to search on the HP web site))http://h10055.www1.hp.com/jobsathp/content/home.asp?Lang=ENen&jumpid=hpr_R1002_USEN_______________________________  5.0 Partner Press Releases  http://www.prweb.com/releases/Eclipse/OpenVMS/prweb1022474.htm(PRWEB) June 18, 2008 -- eCube Systems, a leader in systems evolution, today announced NXTware Eclipse, an enterprise version of the Eclipse IDE (integrated development environment) for the HP OpenVMS Platform.  NXTware Eclipse is an integrated development environment for OpenVMS running on HP Integrity servers. In NXTware Eclipse, eCube provides the standard Eclipse platform for contemporary development and wizards that simplify Web services development with AXIS2. NXTware Eclipse also includes tooling that enables OpenVMS developers to create Web 2.0 composite ("Mash-up") applications.  Customers can increase productivity with HP OpenVMS and eCube's NXTware Eclipse   "eCube is the first and only company to bring Eclipse to HP OpenVMS," said Kevin Barnes, eCube Systems' CEO. "eCube was able to overcome the challenges of Eclipse's dependencies on non-OpenVMS-native libraries, enabling the OpenVMS community to take advantage of this platform."  eCube will offer enterprise subscriptions for NXTware Eclipse, targeting Java developers on OpenVMS. Under the subscription, eCube will regularly test and certify third-party plug-ins for use on OpenVMS. NXTware Eclipse will be available later this month.  Support for C/C++ and COBOL (Eclipse CDT) on OpenVMS will be available in both the RPC and CORBA versions of eCube's NXTware IME (Integrated Maintenance Environment). Both versions are expected to be available for OpenVMS and other HP platforms in July.  "Customers can increase productivity with HP OpenVMS and eCube's NXTware Eclipse," said Ann McQuaid, general manager, OpenVMS Systems unit, HP. "HP OpenVMS has been a trusted platform for 30 years, and now, with eCube, it can simplify the integration of established and new services."  About NXTware Eclipse NXTware Eclipse is an IDE that enables Eclipse-based development, maintenance and Web-services integration via third-party plug-ins and the NXTware suite of tools.  About eCube Systems eCube Systems holds a General Services Administration (GSA) Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) contract. This contract enables federal agencies, state and local governments to procure eCube's products and solutions through GSA contract number GS-35F-0484S.  eCube Systems offers a family of legacy evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. Fortune 1,000 companies and government agencies turn to eCube Systems to reduce risk, extend ROI, and increase productivity as they consolidate existing capabilities and evolve legacy systems to contemporary SOA platforms, such as ESB and Web Services.  eCube Systems, LLC, is headquartered in Montgomery, Texas, with marketing offices in Boston, Massachusetts and R&D in San Mateo, California and Montreal, Canada. For more information, contact eCube Systems by email, on the World Wide Web at http:// www.ecubesystems.com or by calling (866) 493-4224.  Contact: _____________________________________________ http://www.mvpsi.com/press-releases/state-of-ohio-school-system-standardizes-on-jams-for-dasl-automation.htmlState of Ohio School System Standardizes on JAMS for DASL Automation 15 MAY 2008 â013 MVP Systems, a leading provider of automation and application scheduling software, today announced that the Management Council of the Ohio Education Computer Network (MCOECN) will standardize on JAMS for use in developing the Data Analysis for Student Learning (DASL) application which will be used by its member schools.  The MCOECN represents the 23 Data Acquisition (DA) Sites of the Ohio Education Computer Network that are part of the Ohio Department of Education. One of the missions of the MCOECN is to bring the benefits of mass purchasing power with technology vendors to the DA Sites. This allows the DA Sites to purchase equipment and software at large "group rates", saving school districts substantial money.  â01CBefore choosing JAMS, we carefully evaluated and reviewed the enterprise-class job schedulers on the market,â01D said Duane Baker, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for the MCOECN. â01CWe narrowed our search to two alternatives and ultimately selected JAMS for its flexibility, cost-effectiveness, and low overhead. Upon deployment, the DASL application and JAMS will be utilized in 500-700 school districts which are supported by the DA sitesâ01D, continued Baker.  The MCOECN will be utilizing JAMS OpenVMS with DASL to complete database updates for student administration, school bus routing, national and criterion-referenced test scoring, learning/curriculum management systems, spreadsheet, and library automation services. Each DA site will also have the option to implement a Windows solution that will include JAMS .NET. Initially 18 data centers will be using JAMS to provide job scheduling capabilities in conjunction with the DASL or other applications. â01CEarly in the sales cycle it became very apparent that the MCOECN required a solution that included both OpenVMS and .NET. We knew that JAMS was one of a handful of applications that could meet this criteria and are very pleased that JAMS was ultimately chosen to support such an important undertakingâ01D, commented Scott McCausland, Vice President at MVP Systems.

--------- következő rész ---------
Egy csatolt HTML állomány át lett konvertálva...