[Vms.sig-hu] Fwd: OpenVMS Update

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2008. Sze. 13., Szo, 17:04:19 CEST

---------- Eredeti üzenet ----------
Dátum: 2008. szep. 12. Péntek 17:28:35
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Tárgy: OpenVMS Update

Dear Internal and external distribution lists There is so much great news to tell you and I wish there were a way for me to just do a brain share. I would like to thank the folks that sent me a note letting me know what they are doing with VMS in the future or sent a good news note in general, it really makes my day to hear from you. Most important! Time sensitive,  there will be a team from the OpenVMS group participating in the OpenVMS Technical Update Days run by the local teams in Sweden, France, Belgium, Germany and Austria the dates are below.  We are really looking forward to seeing you there. The second most important thing is that for Community Connect in Europe (Mannheim, Germany) if you register right now you can save 500 Euros.  I thought that this was a very good savings to bring to your attention.  BUT you have to register by 22 of September to receive this discount (Lecture, hands on, tradeshow and other) Registration and Advance Programme are now available at www.CommunityConnectEurope.org And this update includes a great invitation from Oracle. As always this message is a note between friends and if you have anything to add to the next update please just send it along. Warm Regards,Sue _______________________Table of Contents1.0 Time Sensitive1.1 European OpenVMS Technical Update Days 1.2 Community Connect in Europe 500 Euro discount1.3 Oracle OpenWorld - treat from engineering1.4 HPUG session given on Data Networks and Storage Networks 2..0 From the VMS Field2.1 pbzip2 on OpenVMS 3.0 Sue's Fav's3.1 Quintara® SMTP Announced3.2 Colin Butcher recognized as Consultant of the Year3.3 Update on The Availability Digest "OpenVMS Active/Active Split-Site Clusters" 4.0 From our Partners4.1 Oracle Rdb and Oracle Database on OpenVMS Forum Update4.2 SCI to Present at the 2008 Worldwide Oracle Rdb Technical Forums4.3 Fall 2008 Maklee speaking engagements4.4 PARSEC Group, PointSecure form Strategic Alliance to Deliver Auditing and Security Services 5.0 Jobs5.1 Job Opportunity - Senior Rdb Database Administrator Software Concepts International LLC (SCI),  _________________________________
_________________________________ 1.0 Time Sensitive 1.1 European OpenVMS Technical Update Days - Once again there will be five OpenVMS Technical Update days in Europe this September.  Along with the excellent local group and the team coming from the US I hope to see you there. Sept 16&17 Sweden www.hp.se/evenemang/openvms Sept 18&19 France http://h41267.www4.hp.com/eventpage.aspx?&eventid=MQAyADQANAA3AA%3d%3d&cc=fr&lang=fr Sept 22&23 Belgium www.hp.be/events Sept 25&26 Germany www.hp.com/de/events/openvms08 Sept 29&30 Austria http://h41267.www4.hp.com/eventpage.aspx?&eventid=MQAyADQAOQA2AA%3d%3d&cc=emea&lang=en ---------------------------1.2 Community Connect in Europe 500 Euro discount The second most important thing is that for Community Connect in Europe (Mannheim, Germany) if you register right now you can save 500 Euros.  I thought that this was a very good savings to bring to your attention.  BUT you have to register by 22 of September to receive this discount Registration and Advance Programme are now available at www.CommunityConnectEurope.org --------------------------- 1.3 Oracle OpenWorld - treat from engineering If you are attending Oracle OpenWorld you will notice that the Oracle team has arranged for a very special treat - Dr. Clemens Wermelskirchen from the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC) has arranged for a private tour of the SLAC accelerator facility, for all Forum attendees. Clemens and several of his colleagues will be our personal tour guides. Following our tour at SLAC, Oracle will be hosting a dinner in the area for all attendees.See the complete message from Oracle included. ---------------------------- 1.4 HPUG session given on Data Networks and Storage Networks Another event is Oct 1 in the UK - HPUG session given on Data Networks and Storage NetworksYou could link to this:http://www.hpug.org.uk/index.php?option=com_events&task=view_detail&agid=40&year=2008&month=10&day=01&Itemid=45  =========================================== 2..0 From the VMS Field 2.1 pbzip2 on OpenVMS The following message is from the OpenVMS Ambassadors in Russia. Well, next step in the pbzip2 on OpenVMS life is done: The sources and exe-files of V1.0.2 for OpenVMS are put on the external web:http://fafner.dyndns.org/~alexey/pbzip2/ The exe-files are intended for OpenVMS/Alpha V7.3-1 and later and for OpenVMS/IA64 V8.3 and later. Note that the code is still not thoroughly tested so, as the authors recommend, please, check the archive integrity with before important files deletion.   I hope that the community and you will help to test the code just by trying to use it for non-production purposes. So it's OK to send this mail to the external people to but taking into account the notice above and the disclaimer that there is no any kind of warranty or support implied. In the case of any bugs found, please, send the message to Alexey Chupahin (his address is on the site) and me Kirill.Vakhrameev at hp.com .  ------------------------------------------ 3.0 Sue's Fav's 3.1 Quintara® SMTP Announced Brilliant Systems is announcing its new Quintara(R) SMTP server software for use in conjunction with its existing Quintara(R) web mail product. Designed fresh from the ground up with support for the most widely used SMTP server features, Quintara SMTP offers the first new commercially-supported SMTP e-mail server software for HP's OpenVMS operating system in over a decade. Quintara SMTP is compatible with existing OpenVMS MAIL environments, while offering many features not readily available in existing OpenVMS-based SMTP server software products. Industry-expected features like inbound aliases, host aliases, distribution lists, folder-specific delivery, graylisting, mail loop detection, SMTP-AUTH password-authorized relaying, and crash-safe message queuing are standard in Quintara SMTP. Quintara SMTP also includesQuintara(R) POP, a POP3 protocol server permitting existing Quintara users to use popular mobile devices with their Quintara accounts. SMTP-AUTH relaying and POP3 access is controllable on a per-user basis by the server administrator. They are testing the software now. Availability is year end 2008. Full press release can be viewed at http://www.brilliant.com/pr_10sep2008.html . -----------------------------3.2 OpenVMS supporter and security consultant Colin Butcher recognized as Consultant of the Year http://www.bcs.org/server.php?show=conWebDoc.21076------------------------------3.3 If you remember we post the note about The Availability Digest "OpenVMS Active/Active Split-Site Clusters"http://h71000.www7.hp.com/SAS_OpenVMS_webinar_form.html The Availability Digest (www.availabilitydigest.com) We did this several time.  I have heard from Bill (author) and he has said the article on Clusters is the most popular article (by views) so thank you very much and keep up the good work.  Sue  ===================================== 4.0 From our Partners 4.1 Oracle Rdb and Oracle Database on OpenVMS Forum Update Dear Oracle Rdb and Oracle Database on OpenVMS Customers, I am writing to give you some updates on the upcoming Redwood Shores, CA, and Nashua, NH, USA Technical Forums being held this month. First, if you are attending OpenWorld in San Francisco the week on September 21st, you should know that we will be in the HP booth in the main demo grounds area at the Moscone Center on Monday through Wednesday ready to speak with you about Oracle Rdb and the Oracle Database on OpenVMS. Please plan to stop by and say hello. Second, we have a special event planned for Thursday, September 25th following our first-day sessions at the Redwood Shores Forum at the Oracle Conference Center. Our friend and long-time Oracle Rdb user, Dr. Clemens Wermelskirchen from the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC) has arranged for a private tour of the SLAC accelerator facility, for all Forum attendees. Clemens and several of his colleagues will be our personal tour guides. Following our tour at SLAC, Oracle will be hosting a dinner in the area for all attendees. I also wanted to remind you that at the Nashua Forum the following week, JCC Consulting will be offering a free one-day workshop on JCC's LogMiner Loader utility. You can find details on the 2008 Forum related training on JCC's website. If you have not yet registered for either the Redwood Shores, CA or Nashua, NH Forums, I encourage you to do so today. Access to the registration links and the agendas for these two events can be found on our Forum web page. Registration and agendas for the 2008/2009 European, Asian and Australian Oracle Rdb and Oracle Database for OpenVMS Technical Forums are being activated as we speak and will be available shortly. Thank you and I look forward to seeing you at one of this year's Forum events!--------------------------------------- 4.2 SCI to Present at the 2008 Worldwide Oracle Rdb Technical Forums Software Concepts International, LLC (SCI), a managed services and IT consulting company that specializes in OpenVMS, Oracle Rdb and DBMS, has been asked by Oracle to present at the 2008 Worldwide Oracle Rdb Technical Forums.  SCI will be presenting the following session: Rdb Migration to Integrity - Strategies That Work Oracle has completed the hard part -- Rdb runs great on Integrity.  But what does it take to actually move the database to Integrity.  The answer may be "It's easy"...but that really depends the version and platform from which you are moving from.  This session will discuss several Rdb-to-Integrity migration options that have been used to move real Rdb databases from Alpha (and yes, even VAX) to Integrity.  Come learn how to super-charge your Rdb database by moving it to an Integrity server.  These strategies work -- with minimal (or no) downtime!  Presented by Bryan Holland, Founder and President of SCI.                 Nashua, NH Forum Presented by Miles Oustad, Senior Database Administrator 2008 Rdb Technical Forum locations and dates:      September 25th - 26th              Oracle Conference Center in Redwood Shores (San Francisco), CA      September 30th - October 1st              Oracle Corporation New England Development Center in Nashua, NH      November 3rd - 4th              Oracle Deutschland GmbH in Munich, Germany      November 6th - 7th              Oracle, Svenka in Stockholm, Sweden      November 10th - 11th              Oracle UK Headquarters in Reading, UK We look forward to seeing you there! ------------------------------------------4.3 Fall 2008 Maklee speaking engagements Maklee engineering is excited to announce its participation in the upcoming European HP OpenVMS Technical Updates Days & Oracle RDB forums Guy Peleg, President of Maklee engineering will be presenting technical sessions on Improving I/O performance and Oracle 10g at the Technical Update Days in France, Germany and Austria. Guy will also be presenting on High performance computing with Oracle on OpenVMS at the Oracle RDB forums to be held in Munich, UK & Sydney Australia. For more information contact Maklee engineering at info at maklee.com ------------------------------------------4.4 PARSEC Group, PointSecure form Strategic Alliance to Deliver Auditing and Security Services  On July 22, 2008 PointSecure, a leading provider of security and auditing solutions for OpenVMS systems, announced a strategic alliance with PARSEC Group, a full-service training, support and consulting company for OpenVMS, Tru64 UNIX, HP-UX, AIX, Linux and Microsoft products.  By integrating PointSecure solutions into their Remote Systems Management services, PARSEC Group's customers can be confident that their OpenVMS systems are secured by premier security products from PointSecure. "The OpenVMS expertise at PARSEC Group is unmatched," said Nick Futter, Vice President of Channel Development at PointSecure.  "This is a unique partnership providing customers with an enhanced offering including software, services and training for their OpenVMS security and compliance needs." Highly recommended by HP, PointSecure solutions will provide the PARSEC Group's clients with the service they need to help prevent external and internal security threats in OpenVMS while ensuring compliance with corporate security policies and governmental regulations such as HIPPA, GLBA and BS779. "We are very familiar with the PointSecure solutions.  They provide unmatched security solutions for OpenVMS systems," said Wayne Sauer, President of PARSEC Group.  "We will be using these products as part of our Remote Systems Management services to provide a better service and value to our OpenVMS customer base."  PARSEC Group, Inc.999 18th Street Suite 1725Denver, CO 80202Office: 720-962-9583FAX: 303-763-9909Toll Free: 888-472-7732www.parsec.com ---------------------------------------------------5.0 Jobs 5.1 Job Opportunity - Senior Rdb Database Administrator Software Concepts International LLC (SCI),  Software Concepts International LLC (SCI), a world wide leader in database and systems management and migration is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its Oracle Rdb and CODASYL DBMS Managed Services Division.  Come join our team of world-class database and system administrators located in Nashua, New Hampshire. JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities include working with our worldwide Rdb and DBMS customers to ensure the highest level of database reliability, performance and satisfaction possible.  Monitor all database administration jobs for exceptions.  Take a self directed, technical leadership role in analyzing and resolving issues affecting database performance or availability.  Assist with developing new tools and enhancing existing tools to manage, monitor and maintain Rdb and DBMS databases in an OpenVMS environment.  Be available for on-call duties for mission-critical environments. JOB REQUIREMENTS·         5+ years experience as a DBA of Oracle Rdb databases.·         Must demonstrate strong database administration skills in Oracle Rdb, with an in-depth understanding of "how Rdb works".·         Extensive knowledge of OpenVMS systems and management.·         Strong familiarity with DCL programming and troubleshooting.·         Excellent trouble-shooting/problem-solving skills for complex issues.  The ability to visualize problems, identify likely causes and develop effective solutions.·         Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.·         Excellent interpersonal skills.·         Positive attitude and demeanor.·         Highly motivated, with a proven track-record of being self-directed.·         Bachelors degree in technical area OR technical training equivalent.·         US Citizen or permanent US resident. PREFERRED EXPERIENCEDatabase administration experience with Oracle CODASYL DBMS, preferably in a WorkStream® or MANMAN® application environment. To apply, email resume and salary history to recruiting at sciinc.com or mail it to:Software Concepts International, LLC402 Amherst Street, Suite 300Nashua, NH  03063USAFor more information about Software Concepts International visit our web site at www.sciinc.com

--------- következő rész ---------
Egy csatolt HTML állomány át lett konvertálva...