[Vms.sig-hu] Fwd: FW: OpenVMS Update

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2009. Ápr. 23., Cs, 15:44:07 CEST

---------- Eredeti üzenet ----------
Dátum: 2009. április 23., csütörtök, 00:07:04
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Tárgy: FW: OpenVMS Update

 Dear VMS Community, It is my pleasure to provide this latest OpenVMS Update.  We have a lot of information for everyone which I hope you will enjoy. As a reminder if you are doing an article for the next OpenVMS Technical Journal, your abstract should be submitted as soon as possible, articles are due by May 15.  You do need a template, here is the URL to submit an article; http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/journal/cfp.htmlTo read the journal (over 11,500 views so far);http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/journal/index.html As a reminder this is not a newsletter, its just an email message. Please take the time to look at this carefully. The time sensitive is the most important. Warm Regards as always and thank you for all your support. I really value each and everyone of you. Sue  1.0 Time Sensitive 1.1 Blades web cast reminder     1.0 Time Sensitive 1.1 Blades web cast reminder 1.2 NYMAC Meeting on 4/22 in NYC â013 HP's Remote Support and HP SIM2.0 From OpenVMS Engineering2.1 The OpenVMS Customer Lab 3.0 Sue's Fav's3.1 A walk down Digital's memory lane 3.2  UK - The National Museum of Computing 3.3 From a Customer - GPB Logs3.4  United Natural Foods, Inc., is using todayâ019s Synergy/DE to develop more productively and connect its OpenVMS-based system to the outside world 3.5 Quote from Brian Cox in - HP Unix 'Vigilant' in the Face of Linux article3.6 MillerCoors article3.7 Integrated Embedded System Covering Almost All Aspects Of Modern Life4.0 Partners4.1 AdaCore and PARSEC Group Announce Partnership4.2 Brilliant Systems announces general availability of its new SMTP server software 4.3 Brilliant Systems is pleased to announce a new VAR relationship with Boundless Technologies4.4 CA NSM System Monitoring Option for OpenVMS I64 r3.2 and CA NSM System Monitoring Option for OpenVMS I64 r3.2 are now available4.5 Multis appointed European Distributor for Nemonix RZ disk drives4.6  Oracle Rdb Release 7.2.3.5 (aka V7.2-35).4.7  Parsec OpenVMS Password Policies4.8 Parsec 10% Discount on e-Learning classes for OpenVMS/Tru64 UNIX4.9 Congratulations to our loyal and valued partner for 25 years in Business!!!!!!!5.0 Press Releases5.1 Stromasys Announces New Line of High-End Alpha Virtualization Products5.2 STROMASYS, SA Announces Results for Fiscal Year 2008 Next HP Blades web cast hosted by Connect is  - HP-UX: Mission Critical Integrity Server Blades Web castDate: 23 April 2009
Time: 5:00pm GMT/12:00pm ET/11:00am CTTopic: - HP-UX: Mission Critical Integrity Server Blades Web cast
Speaker: Tom Vaden, HPURL to register and more information : http://www.connect-community.org/Events/Webcasts/HPUXMissionCriticalBladesWebcast/tabid/228/Default.aspx ********************************1.2 NYMAC Meeting on 4/22 in NYC â013 HP's Remote Support and HP SIM

We would like to invite the HP community to a meeting of the New York Metro Area Chapter (NYMAC) of Connect, the HP User Community. This group is a product of the combined NYMLUG and NRTUG New York City area user groups. Membership, current or prior, in any of the groups is not required to attend.

Please sign up by visiting the below link prior to April. 21st at noon
Fpr the onsite meeting, please click on
http://sn.im/nymac0409s
For remote access to the meeting, please use
http://sn.im/nymac0904remotes
If you have difficulty using that link, or have other questions, please send your name, company, phone and email address to
Connect-at- mccready.com
if you do not get a confirmation by April 21st____________________________________2.0 From OpenVMS Engineering2.1 The OpenVMS Customer Lab The OpenVMS Customer Lab is a dedicated lab that offers a secure environment for testing application software. It is designed to provide OpenVMS partners, independent software vendors (ISVs), and customers access to cutting-edge HP technology. Guests can schedule hardware, software, and engineering resources to stage their applications in controlled environments before going live in their own production environments.

Typical engagements include:
Porting to HP Integrity servers-create a side-by-side environment of AlphaServer and Integrity server configurations, and have HP experts close by to assist as needed, and to answer questions

Validating solutions on new hardware and new versions of the operating system-test solutions on new platforms and mixed-architecture clusters

Characterizing performance-measure response times and throughput on different size systems such as systems with 8 processors, 16 processors, and 64 processors, and systems with different amounts of memory

Proof of concept-configure an environment that closely resembles the target configuration and validate the solution before purchasing equipment

The OpenVMS Customer Lab also offers qualified customers and partners a two- to three-day workshop where they can bring all their source code, build files, and data files, and port them to the OpenVMS on HP Integrity server operating environment.

You can get further information at http://h71000.www7.hp.com/custlab/index.html

Regards
Mandar

Business Continuity Lab
Systems Technology and Software Division
Hewlett Packard
________________________________________ 3.0 Sue's Fav's **************************************3.1 A walk down Digital's memory lane  A walk down Digital's memory lane - Gordon Bell's/Digital/Timeline - Thanks to John B http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/gbell/digital/timeline/1957.htm ************************************3.2  UK - The National Museum of Computing http://www.tnmoc.org/  This is very cool from the UK - The National Museum of Computing launches Industry Seminar Series OpenVMS seminars offered to the public;As part of its educational mission, The National Museum of Computing (TNMOC) at Bletchley Park is launching a series of Industry Seminars open to individuals and organizations. The first two seminars of the series will focus on OpenVMS and are led by Colin Butcher of XDelta Limited.   The first seminar, an introduction to OpenVMS, will be held at the Museum on Friday 15th May 2009. It will focus on installing and setting up an OpenVMS system from scratch. The second seminar on 22 May 2009 will focus on installing and setting up an OpenVMS web server and the SIMH simulator. ***************************************3.3 From a Customer GPB Logs This is awesome from a customer - GPB logs for 502 Monday : 8 minutes and 28 secondsTuesday:6 minutes and 45 secondsI tried to compare it with Alphas, and they were more than 1 hour********************************************3.4  United Natural Foods, Inc., is using todayâ019s Synergy/DE to develop more productively and connect its OpenVMS-based system to the outside world Check this out http://www.synergex.com/ecards/20090408.htm  (United Natural Foods)Very Favorite ******Fortune 1000 Company to Present How It Leverages Synergy/DE for In-House Application Needs at SPC 2009Learn how United Natural Foods, Inc., is using todayâ019s Synergy/DE to develop more productively and connect its OpenVMS-based system to the outside world At last yearâ019s SPC, you saw how Jackson Lumberâ019s lead developer singlehandedly took a traditional cell-based Synergy/DE application and converted it to Windows with an Outlook 2007 look and feel. This year, United Natural Foods (NASDAQ: UNFI), the largest publicly traded wholesale distributor to the natural and organic foods industry, will present how it is using the latest Synergy/DE features to solve business problems in a distributed computing environmentUNFIâ019s Sr. Systems Integration Architect will demonstrate how UNFI isdeveloping applications using Synergy/DE Workbench and its top productivity features, with source code housed and executed on OpenVMS. using Web services, such as credit card processing, to extend its applications. connecting its OpenVMS application to external SQL Server databases to access the UPS World Ship system and print shipping labels. using Synergy objects to encapsulate code and make it extensibleWorkflow chart http://www.synergex.com/ecards/SPC2009_demo1.html***********************3.5 Quote from Brian Cox in - HP Unix 'Vigilant' in the Face of Linux articlehttp://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3809181/HP+Unix+Vigilant+in+the+Face+of+Linux.htm - HP Unix 'Vigilant' in the Face of Linux Upcoming HP-UX Vigilance release will raise the bar on the 25-year-old operating system. â026.â026 In fact, Cox noted that HP continues to support multiple operating systems including Unix, Linux, Windows and the more than 30-year-old OpenVMS as well. ..*********************3.6 MillerCoors articlehttp://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/03/prweb2266914.htmMarch 27, 2009 -- MVP Systems Software, Inc., the leading provider of batch job scheduling software, announced today that MillerCoors has implemented JAMS. MillerCoors will be running JAMS across all of their breweries in order to streamline all batch processing across the enterprise. A number of factors were involved in the selection of JAMS at MillerCoors. First, MillerCoors needed an enterprise scheduling system that supported both Windows and OpenVMS as primary scheduling platforms. JAMS' cross-platform, cross-application job scheduling fit the bill. Second, MillerCoors was using a legacy solution from another vendor and there was concern about the amount of effort that would be required to move from the legacy platform to a modern solution. The good news for MillerCoors is that MVP offers batch scheduling conversion utilities for most other solutions. As a result, MillerCoors converted most of their jobs into JAMS in less than three weeks. For the full article please visit the url listed *****************3.7 Integrated Embedded System Covering Almost All Aspects Of Modern Lifehttp://www.prurgent.com/2009-03-23/pressrelease33813.htm Integrated Embedded System Covering Almost All Aspects Of Modern LifeToday, thereâ019s a growing trend of expanding business opportunities through a new phenomenon called Integrated Embedded System. This is actually a procedure to discover new business prospects from past products for futuristic approach.

Integrated Embedded systems are becoming more and more important in today's world. These systems are popular as they are very much efficient in controlling almost all of the computing, display communication, and other electronic devices.

Integrated Embedded systems span across all aspects of modern life. They could be easily seen in the sectors like education, entertainment, communication or science. These systems are mostly designed dedicated to specific tasks, so embedded design engineers need to optimize them, reducing the size and cost of the product, and increasing the reliability and performanceâ026â026The organization also launched a new product; called Turbo Treck TCP/IP which can run on any processor without the presence of port with the help of this technology. Practically the novel product Turbo Treck TCP/IP support products like HP-UX 11i, IPv6, Alpha Tru64, Alpha OpenVMS and AIX4.4

_______________________________________
 4.0 Partners 4.1 AdaCore and PARSEC Group Announce PartnershipAdaCore, leading provider of Ada tools and support, and PARSEC Group, a full-service IT support, training and consulting company, today announced a partnership arrangement that will benefit Ada users porting applications from older HP hardware to Itanium-based Integrity server platforms running OpenVMS, HP-UX, or GNU/Linux. Users subscribing to AdaCoreâ019s GNAT Pro environment will obtain the tools and expertise needed to migrate their Ada applications from VAX, Alpha, or PA-RISC architectures to a modern Itanium platform. Complementing AdaCoreâ019s support, PARSEC Group can provide auxiliary services to answer and address any Operating System and architecture issues. This partnership will provide the companiesâ019 joint customers with a solution that reduces the costs of such ports and provides the support to make them successful.AdaCore has been supplying the GNAT Pro Ada development environment on HP platforms for over ten years. GNAT Pro is currently available on AlphaServer (OpenVMS), on PA-RISC (HP-UX), and on HP Itanium Integrity servers (OpenVMS, HP-UX, and GNU/ Linux). These are full-featured Ada environments supporting all three versions of the Ada language standard (Ada 83, Ada 95, and Ada 2005). GNAT Pro is integrated smoothly into the host environment; and special attention has been paid to ease the migration of code from other Ada compilers to GNAT Pro. In particular, a variety of GNAT Pro features were designed specifically to help HP Ada (formerly DEC Ada) users port their source code from VAX and Alpha to GNAT Pro on OpenVMS for Integrity servers. PARSEC Group offers support, training and consulting for the HP operating systems that host GNAT Pro. Their services include performance analysis, network management, device driver development, capacity planning, porting assistance, and platform migration strategies.  For the full press release please visit:http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20090421005389&newsLang=ena  ******************************4.2 Brilliant Systems announces general availability of its new SMTP server software Brilliant Systems announces general availability of its new SMTP server software for OpenVMS: Quintara SMTP. Quintara SMTP is compatible with Brilliant's Quintara web-based messaging and personal productivity software, and is compatible with existing OpenVMS MAIL environments. Quintara SMTP offers many new features and provides a pathway for easy future extensibility. Quintara SMTP is available for OpenVMS on HP Integrity and Alphaserver platforms. Please visit the Quintara products page at http://www.brilliant.com/quintara for continually updated information. 4.3 Brilliant Systems is pleased to announce a new VAR relationship with Boundless Technologies Brilliant Systems is also pleased to announce a new VAR relationship with Boundless Technologies, makers of the formerly DEC/Compaq VT510, VT520, andVT525 text terminals. Long a staple in the OpenVMS environment, VT terminals still make great console and system management terminals. Upgrade to an HP LCD display coupled with a Boundless VT525 base unit and LK-series keyboard today! More information will be available on Brilliant's web site at http://www.brilliant.com/boundless, or call (888) 456-0400.   ******************************4.4 CA NSM System Monitoring Option for OpenVMS I64 r3.2 and CA NSM System Monitoring Option for OpenVMS I64 r3.2 are now available April 16, 2009On behalf of CA, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that CA NSM System Monitoring Option for OpenVMS I64 r3.2 and CA NSM System Monitoring Option for OpenVMS I64 r3.2 are now available.
New features for CA NSM System Monitoring Option for OpenVMS r3.2 include: * Object granularity To obtain your copy of CA NSM System Monitoring Option for OpenVMS r3.2 in North America, please call 1-800-841-8743 or contact your local account representative. If you are outside of North America, please call your local account representative or the local CA office. You may also download this product online through https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/prddtlshome?productID=1174Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our CA Technology Servicesâ122 experts can help. For more information on CA Technology Servicesâ122 and how you can leverage our expertise, please call 800-225-5224 (North America) or +1 303-262-8300 (International).With the general availability of these two products, support for Release CA NSM System Monitoring Option for OpenVMS I64 r3.1 and for Release CA NSM System Monitoring Option for OpenVMS Alpha 3.0 is currently scheduled to be discontinued by April 30, 2010. CA is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. As a part of our regular product planning cycle, we have reviewed the position of CA NSM System Monitoring Option for OpenVMS VAX in the marketplace, both from a sales and technology perspective. We have discovered that while this product still provides useful functions to some customers, its value to most customers and prospective customers in the market has declined significantly over the past few years. Therefore, we have decided to stabilize CA NSM System Monitoring Option for OpenVMS VAX.Functionally stabilizing a product means that there will be no new releases or further enhancements to the product. If customers have an active maintenance contract, they will continue to receive Business Critical Support.We encourage you to consider your migration plan. Support for CA NSM System Monitoring Option for OpenVMS Alpha r3.2 and CA NSM System Monitoring Option for OpenVMS I64 r3.2 is not affected by this announcement and will continue to be available. If you have any questions regarding the support schedule, please contact your local CA Account Manager or Support Availability Manager. To review our CA Product Lifecycle Policy, please visit: https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/0/common/tslifecycle_policy.pdf.

Thank you again for your business.Nothing herein is meant to otherwise affect the rights and/or obligations of you or CA under any existing or future written license agreement or maintenance agreement between us.Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful relationship with you. ******************************4.5 Multis appointed European Distributor for Nemonix RZ disk drivesGALWAY, Ireland, Apr. 17, 2009 â014 Multis Group Ltd., a pioneer of innovative secondary market business solutions for global technology companies, today announces it has signed a distribution agreement with Nemonix Engineering, Inc., a premier US provider of VAX & AlphaServer hardware upgrades & maintenance services.Under the agreement Multis will be the European distributor of Nemonixâ019 newly developed disk drive solution for legacy VAX and AlphaServer systems. Multis are delighted to associate with Nemonix in providing support to the significant and Customer critical VAX installed base. The provision of these storage products enhance the reliability and utility life of the systems and deliver important financial and environmental benefits. The sustainability principles of reduce, re-use is highly leveraged by this initiativeâ01D says Sean Keenan, CEO Multis Group.NEMONIX Engineering Inc. NXRZ-xx SCSI disk drives are direct replacements for the Digital Equipment Corporation / Compaq / HP family of Storage Worksâ122 RZ series disk drives, and are HP approved.  For the full press release please visit:http://www.multisgroup.com/News_Item.asp?News_ID=65 ********************************4.6  Oracle Rdb Release 7.2.3.5 (aka V7.2-35).      We are pleased to announce the release of Oracle Rdb Release     7.2.3.5 (aka V7.2-35).  The kit is available on Metalink as     patch set numbers 8436168 (Itanium kit), 8436173 (Alpha     Optimized kit) and 8436159 (Alpha kit) and will be on OTN     shortly.      Software Errors Fixed in Oracle Rdb Release 7.2.3.5     ---------------------------------------------------      Software Errors Fixed That Apply to All Interfaces       - Patch Required When Using VMS V8.3 or V8.2-1 on Itanium       - Wrong Result From Outer Zigzag Match       - Cannot Disable After-Image Journaling when Fast-Commit         is Enabled       - Alignment Faults Related to Remote Database Access       - RDMS-E-NOSOL_FOUND Error From Full OJ Query     SQL Errors Fixed       - Wrong Result from CONCAT Query Under ORACLE Dialects       - Unexpected Bugcheck During RENAME Operation       - Unexpected DDL_CONFLICT Error Generated by ALTER TABLE         ... ENABLE CONSTRAINT     RMU Errors Fixed       - Unexpected RMU/REPAIR Error if Index RDB$REL_REL_ID_NDX         is Sorted Ranked     LogMiner Errors Fixed       - Continuous LogMiner Shutdown Via SYS$FORCEX Causes DBR     RMU Show Statistics Errors Fixed       - RMU/SHOW STATISTICS Row Cache Overview Invalid Percentage       Enhancements Provided in Oracle Rdb Release 7.2.3.5     ---------------------------------------------------      Enhancements that Apply to all Interfaces       - AIJ Extend Additional Information In Operator Notification         New Feature       - Default Behavior Change, New Syntax for RMU/RECOVER/CONFIRM ********************************4.7 Parsec OpenVMS Password PoliciesPARSEC Group has developed a customizable, site-specific password policy for your OpenVMS systems. If this one does not support the specific needs of your environment, we can develop a custom policy based on your requirements. This provides the ability to have a Password Policy on the OpenVMS systems that is consistent with the policy implemented on your UNIX & Windows systems. This can also help satisfy the Security Auditors. To read the full policy, click here. 4.8 Parsec 10% Discount on e-Learning classes for OpenVMS/Tru64 UNIX10% Discount on e-Learning classes for OpenVMS/Tru64 UNIXFor a limited time (4-1-09 to 8-31-09) you will receive a 10% discount off any e-Learning training registrations with PARSEC Group. Contact your Sales Consultant or call us toll-free at 1-888-4-PARSEC.***********************************4.9 Congratulations to our loyal and valued partner for 25 years in Business! PROCESS SOFTWARE INVITES CUSTOMERS TO JOIN THEM IN CELEBRATING 25 YEARS IN BUSINESS Process Software has begun its 25-year anniversary celebration by inviting their customers and  partners to join them in this monumental occasion. For a quarter of a  century, Process Software has been a dominant vendor in providing TCP/IP for OpenVMS and messaging software solutions to customers with mission-critical applications. Process Software has few peers that have>thrived for this many years. During this period, Process Software grew  >itscustomer base to over 3,000 global companies across all industries  including, the Fortune 500 corporations, government contractors, and  educational institutions, manufacturers, and more. For more information on the Process Software 25 Year Anniversary and a chance to win a 25-year anniversary tie-dye shirt, please visit:         http://www.process.com/anniversary.html _____________________________________________________ 5.0 Press Releases 5.1 Stromasys Announces New Line of High-End Alpha Virtualization ProductsStromasys announces the release of its next generation AlphaServer virtualization products. The new CHARON-AXP software products allow customers to replace larger and multi-CPU AlphaServer systems, including:â022 AlphaServer DS10â022 AlphaServer DS20â022 AlphaServer ES40â022 AlphaServer GS80â022 AlphaServer GS160With this addition, CHARON-AXP software products are able to offer a virtual platform for almost all of the original Alpha systems. Although HP retired the Alpha in 2007, CHARON-AXP provides a quick, low-risk, and inexpensive method of replacing your legacy Alpha hardware with a modern, industry-standard system, without making changes to the existing OpenVMS or Tru64 operating system and software applications. Using CHARON-AXP, the transition takes place in a matter of days, rather than weeks or months.PerformanceCross-platform virtualization allows software created for one hardware platform to run on different host systems, without making modifications to the software. Using this technology, CHARON-AXP creates a virtual Alpha on a modern computer system, which is typically faster than the hardware platform it replaces. The availability of faster processors and computer memory, as well as much faster I/O channels, contribute to this performance improvement. CHARON-AXP also supports the operating system version and devices that were included with the original Alpha system. CHARON-AXP combines your existing system with the benefits of newer, faster hardware models, offering owners of most Alpha systems equal or better performance at installation; most users experience a performance improvement as soon as they start using the software.The rapid introduction of newer, faster hardware and the additional modules Stromasys produces with the CHARON-AXP products will further shift the balance in favor of cross-platform virtualization. The following table shows performance measurements of the original Alpha hardware and the CHARON-AXP solution, using the standard SPEC2000 benchmark. SPEC2000
(results are per CPU)INTFP
AlphaServer 41 00  5/533176176
AlphaServer DS10  6/500300383
AlphaServer DS20  6/667425455
AlphaServer ES40  6/500299382
AlphaServer GS80  6/731352405
CHARON-AXP *325470
The official release date for the new CHARON-AXP products is May 15, 2009. A field test version is currently available.Stromasys, a privately held company headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, is a pioneering leader in cross-platform virtualization technologies, serving thousands of users in more than 50 countries. Established in 1998, Stromasys was formed from a management buyout of Digital Equipment Corporationâ019s European Migration and Porting Centre following the HP/Compaq merger. The vast experience gained from years of large-scale migration and porting projects, system-level VMS engineering projects, and development of binary translators eventually led to the creation of the CHARON-VAX and CHARON-AXP software products. With full-service sales and support locations in the United States, Eindhoven, and Hong Kong, engineering facilities in Russia and China, and representation around the globe, Stromasys continues to expand and is currently developing virtualization technologies for additional platforms, including the HP3000. For more information, please visit www.stromasys.com. *************************************************************************5.2 STROMASYS, SA Announces Results for Fiscal Year 2008 Headlines - Geneva, Switzerland, 16, March 2009 STROMASYS SA announced its fiscal year 2008 results today. Stromasysâ019 pre-tax sales revenues experienced a significant increase, with growth of 30% over fiscal year 2007. Despite the economic downturn, Stromasysâ019 revenues continue to move steadily upward. CEO and founder, Dr. Robert Boers, explains, â01CClearly, our customers recognize our products offer outstanding value in preserving their strategic VAX and Alpha applications, at an incredibly low cost.â01D According to Jean-Claude Peterschmitt, a Stromasys Board member and former Vice-President of Digital Equipment Corporation, â01CIn this economic crisis, our solutions deploy in a few days at 10% of the cost of a traditional migration, and should attract the attention of every CFO intent on efficiently implementing high performance solutions.â01D The company is enjoying phenomenal interest in its innovative cross-platform virtualization solutions. Stromasys virtualization solutions, CHARON-VAX and CHARON-AXP, replace legacy hardware systems, such as the VAX and Alpha, with modern, industry-standard systems. While replacing the hardware, the original operating system, layered software, and applications continue to run without modification, so companies can continue to manage their day-to-day business with the valuable operating system and applications they rely on. CHARON software products offer many benefits in addition to the substantial impact on customersâ019 bottom lines. At a time when economic and environmental concerns are paramount, using CHARON software reduces cost of ownership, maintenance fees, energy consumption, and the space required for the datacenter overall. Using CHARON products also allows customers to keep their existing business practices, as no re-training of staff is required. After success in 2007 and early 2008, Stromasys expanded its operations internationally by opening three new Sales and Support subsidiaries in the U.S.A. (North Carolina), Hong Kong, and the Netherlands. Stromasys also expanded its Engineering facilities in Shenzhen, China.

--------- következő rész ---------
Egy csatolt HTML állomány át lett konvertálva...