[Vms.sig-hu] Fw: OpenVMS Update December 2009!

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2009. Dec. 17., Cs, 13:30:18 CET

----------Eredeti üzenet----------Dátum:2009. december 17., csütörtök, 12:23:23
Feladó:"Ramani, Sujatha"
Tárgy:OpenVMS Update December 2009!
Címzett:Undisclosed recipients at ismeretlen

TO :- VMS champions
SUBJECT: -VMS  update December 2009

Itâ019s been a very wonderfully eventful year for OpenVMS. We have crossed many a milestones and worked on the next release of OpenVMS operating system the OpenVMS 8.4! With the announcement of field test in November, all our efforts bore fruit.
This will be our last update for 2009 and we look forward to a fantastic business year in 2010! Read on..

1.       Time Sensitive:-
a.       Announcing the TUDs in Americas in April 2010. Please block your calendar! We will come out with the details in January2010! Technical Update Days are two days of deep technical information presented by OpenVMS engineering and its partners.  This provides  a wonderful opportunity to learn about the new features in OpenVMS 8.4, our plans for the future and much more.  This also provides a unique opportunity to interact with the OpenVMS engineering folks and get all  your OpenVMS questions answered.  HP acknowledges the support for these events from our ISV partners  Software Concepts International and Nemonix Engineering.  Visit them at www.sciinc.com and www.nemonixengineering.com.

2.   OpenVMS Engineering update :-
a.     Coming soon :- CIFS 1.2 Field test, with automated installation and configuration. With a  whole new set of features including security enhancements. Watch out for field test announcements. If you want to sign up for this field test, write to OpenVMSfieldtestOps at hp.com
b.     Announcing the launch of RTR v5.2

HP Reliable Transaction Router (RTR) RTR is a fault-tolerant, transactional messaging middleware product used to implement large distributed applications in client/server environments. RTR enables distributed applications to run in heterogeneous environments, allowing client and server applications to interoperate on supported Windows, HP-UX, Linux, and OpenVMS platforms.
The latest version of RTR, RTR v5.2, will be available for ordering from 18th Dec 2009. RTR v5.2 has a number of new features including:

â022       64-bit addressing support for OpenVMS Alpha and Integrity platforms
â022       Support for Red Hat Linux on HP Proliant x86-64 bit Platform
â022       Enhanced error logging
â022       Monitor file for FE-TR connection
â022       Selective compression of Network packets

3.   Partner Page :-

a.     CA OpenVMS User Community Members
 Recently CA made some changes to the CA Forums, found at http://caforums.ca.com. We consolidated all of the OpenVMS forums into one, named â01CCA OpenVMS solutionsâ01D in the Infrastructure Management/Systems Management section. During the consolidation some settings were lost, including auto-notification of updates to the forum.  We ask that you visit the CA OpenVMS Solutions forum and update your settings so you can receive updates in the future.
If you have any questions regarding the Global User Community, please contact Todd Michels, todd.michels at ca.com

b.     Advanced Systems Concepts is happy to share this Press Release that is attached regarding a new release of ActiveBatch® V7 that supports OpenVMS on both the Integrity and Alpha platform along with a series of other platforms.
Also attached is a release  note on support for RemoteSHADOW® for OpenVMS product for the Integrity Platform.
Advanced Systems Concepts, Inc. also provides a series of additional System Management Solutions for the OpenVMS user that are available at the  website www.advsyscon.com     Jim Manias (jmanias at advsyscon.com)

c.     Stromasys Continues to Extend Reach around the Globe:
Shows positive growth, adding new staff and facilities

Stromasys has helped thousands of customers around the world modernize their legacy OpenVMS and Tru64 UNIX systems through cross-platform virtualization, and the success of their CHARON-VAX and CHARON-AXP software products, with 4,000 licenses sold worldwide, has necessitated a global expansion effort. Over the last two years, they have opened regional offices worldwide, and increased the staff and product portfolio to accommodate growing customer demand, and their plans for growth are far from complete.

Recent expansion efforts include the opening of a new regional office in Europe, as well as several additions to the staff in China and North America. Their newest regional office, located in Munich, opened in October to serve customers throughout the European market. The Shenzhen Development Center welcomed three new technical staff to their engineering facility in China, adding increased capabilities for current and future product development. North America also welcomed a new Systems Engineer with Tru64 UNIX expertise, in response to increased demand among enterprise clients for virtualization of Tru64 systems. Such considerable growth bodes well for Stromasys, as well as for customers, resellers, and anyone interested in their pioneering cross-platform virtualization software. For more information about Stromasys solutions, visit our website at www.stromasys.com.

4.   Customers :-
a.       The field test participant final counts rests on 202! And still counting! This is the biggest field tests ever! The features and benefits that are going to be coming along with 8.4 are going to have a big business impact for our customers.

b.      Our new initiative to open up the OpenVMS technology webinars to our OpenVMS customers and partner community worldwide  has had a huge response. We have had over 100 people participate in this event worldwide in the last 2 webinars that we conducted in December. That is very encouraging and we will continue to drive this in 2010 covering exciting topics.

5.       Community news!  (New Section)

a.     There have been significant enhancements in the Connect Community* social networking capabilities and, as usual, OpenVMS enthusiasts are among the first to explore and take advantage of the resource.
There are two key groups to check out: the OpenVMS SIG home page and the Growing OpenVMS: a grassroots program (whose name is still up for debate â013 see the poll on the home page).
See the public Connect OpenVMS blog for more details.

*Connect Community (http://connect-community.yourmembership.com/) is the web site for the user group Connect. Connect was formed from the consolidation of former HP users groups, including Encompass, ITUG and HP-Interex EMEA.
URLs mentioned to check out : OpenVMS SIG Homepage,  Growing OpenVMS program , if you would like to blog, check out the related post on the public OpenVMS blog

b.     OpenVMS.org :- OpenVMS Community Portal. Please check on this regularly to see news views and updates on OpenVMS. Our worldwide customer and partner webinar announcements are posted here.

A big thank you to all who contributed to this edition of the OpenVMS update. Hereâ019s wishing you and your loved ones safe and happy holidays this December and a great New Year ahead! Enjoy this time off to recharge, relax and be with your family and friends.  I look forward to seeing you back in the New Year with renewed energy and spirit.