[Vms.sig-hu] Fwd: It's time for Sue Skonetski to say good bye

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2009. Jún. 4., Cs, 13:33:46 CEST

---------- Eredeti üzenet ----------
Dátum:2009. június 1., hétfő, 23:34:56
Feladó:Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Címzett:Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Másolat:VMSGeek525 at Yahoo.com <VMSGeek525 at Yahoo.com>
sue at openvms.org <sue at openvms.org>

Tárgy:It's time for Sue Skonetski to say good bye

           Please forgive me if you get a duplicate tomorrow

 __________________

My Dear Friends,

My name is Sue Skonetski and I have the best job in the world.

 I thought that since I usually start out many of my introductions with that it&rsquo;s only fair that I should end with it.

 Friday this week ends my twenty four year working relationship with DEC/Compaq/HP. I will be shutting down my systems Friday morning.

I have been trying for days to do this note. The previous 9 years pale compared with the last 15 in the VMS group.  And they were full of meaningful networking  projects like the Networks road show  and amazing wonderful people.

For many years we have worked closely together.  We have celebrated our victories and mourned our losses.  It has been a long road with many  wonderful times, I think about getting together at DECUS (Connect HPTF) and talking until all hours of the night (morning) with VMS folks from all over the country.  And for the last 6 years doing the same at the boot camp people with people from all over the world.  Sometimes we would lift a pint, always we would solve problems and we always became a close knit group.  Who can forget the fun parties?  The huge 25th anniversary cake at Connect when Richey Lary was going to dive off a ladder into it.  Or more recently when we did VMS Bedtime stories at the Boot camp. Everybody had so many stories they were lined up to the door.  And then, of course, the big gong.  We are so fortunate to have so much.

There have been many twists, turns and bumps.  It has never been boring. You are all the best part of my job.  Thank you so very much, I love what I do (did)  because not only did I work with the best customers in the world, but the best colleagues as well.

The VMS Engineering Group has been an outstanding set of engineers to work with.  Their commitment to quality has always been inherent in all the work they do. You experience this daily through both their code and their customer support.  I am honored and proud to have been part of this amazing team for the last fifteen years.

VMS Customers, because of you all of us have a job we love. It is so much more than a vendor relationship, you have helped make VMS what it is today, a family. Your feedback, your concern, your willingness to fight your management and ours has kept us together. Please keep doing this, it&rsquo;s really worth the fight.  You have the Connect our User group and they want to fight for you, contact Nina Buik the president or any board member give them a reason.  This is how we got the hobby license.  Please also remember our very cool partners that have stood by our side from the beginning.  Tdi (consoleworks) the first partner to port to Integrity, or Stromasys (SRI) that has worked with emulation helping our customers, what about Oracle Rdb with their amazing talented engineering group, Nemonix if it was a DEC product any era they can get it for you.  How about this,  remember Process Software, always at DECUS (HPTF) always involved in anything to do with helping the customers. Recently I have been working with SCI based in Nashua Brad McCusker is there and of course Maklee where Guy Peleg and CMOS what ever they set their mind to will be excellent quality.  Last Thursday I spoke to Peter Marquez at e-Cube with an amazing product on VMS called an Eclipse plug in. Why all this about partners?  Because they are part of your team to help you as well and they have things to help, you just need to know.

Ambassadors, I am having a  hard time with this.  I remember when there were only 83 Ambassadors 14 years ago. Now there are over 150.  You really are the &ldquo;Best of the Best&rdquo; as your jackets say.  Please remember,  the Gryphon. It is the protector of the treasure of kings.  Because VMS is the treasure, and  you are the protectors.  Please keep your passion, it&rsquo;s always been a personal thing it was never corporate.  I have been so happy to work for and with you.  Thank you.  GBH.

It is very important for you to continue to get VMS communications.  If you have not signed up yet please send your contact details to openvms.programs at hp.com this will ensure you that Sujatha Ramani  my replacement will continue to send you email in the future.

What&rsquo;s next for me?  I will be looking for a  employment, so if you have an idea for me, please let me know.

 If you would like to offer a recommendation  on Linked In I would greatly appreciate it.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/susanskonetski

The Japanese bid their friends &ldquo;Sayonara&rdquo;, which means &ldquo;Until we meet again&rdquo;.  So this is what I will say to you all.  I cannot think of this as the end, neither can I say a thorough goodbye. Not to you my dear friends.

 I would like to stay in touch with as many of you as possible. Below you will find my contact information.  Please do not be stranger.  I will always be happy to hear from you

Sue at openvms.org

Phone number 603-494-9886 (cell)

I also have a face book account if you care to add me to your list of friends.

With respect, love and warm wishes and many tears

Sue Skonetski

p.s. in case you are wondering VMSGeek is Amanda Skonetski my daughter.

--------- következő rész ---------
Egy csatolt HTML állomány át lett konvertálva...