[Vms.sig-hu] Fwd: OpenVMS Update

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2009. Már. 30., H, 08:09:41 CEST

---------- Eredeti üzenet ----------
Dátum: 2009. március 27., péntek, 21:01:50
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Tárgy: OpenVMS Update

  Dear VMS Community, It is my pleasure once again to send along the VMS update with all kinds of information to you that you will find useful. There are a number of items are time sensitive, please look at each of them closely and sign up for each as you see fit.  As always this is an informal communication please do not post the jobs with the peoples names  on them.  I still do not have anything to do with hiring anyone so the jobs enclosed are just forwarding emails.  The URLs do work but may wrap, so you may want to check that. Thank you for being such a wonderful group, I value your support and loyalty.Warm Regards, Sue Table of Contents1.0 Time Sensitive        Next blades web cast - HP-UX (April 23)        GNAT Pro for OpenVMS I64 (May 12)        CA to announce new OpenVMS Solutions virtual user group (April 16)        Technical Journal Call for Participation (April 15)2.0 Congratulations To Process Software 25th Anniversary        3.0 Sue's Fav's        3.1 Blades web cast archive        3.2 HPTF in Las Vegas         3.3 Clarification regarding SPD        3.4 March Issue of Availability digest        3.5 Wife of Ken Olsen passes away4.0 From our Partners        4.1 eCube Announces NXTware Remote for OpenVMS        4.2 Migration Specialties - Progress Report: Integrity Port: March 20, 2009        4.3 The new HP PERFDAT OpenVMS V4.2 kit and the new HP PERFDAT GUI V4.2.2 releases are now available for download.        4.4 PointSecure is giving away a Wii!        4.5 Migration Specialties Virtual VAX & Alpha Emulator Development        4.6 Software Concepts International recently released V2.3 of its Remote Managed Services for OpenVMS tool set 5.0 Press Release         5.1 STROMASYS, SA Announces Results for Fiscal Year 2008 6.0 Jobs        6.1 Sweden        6.2 Dallas, Texas            1.0 Time Sensitive Web cast Next HP Blades web cast hosted by Connect is  - HP-UX: Mission Critical Integrity Server Blades Web castDate: 23 April 2009
Time: 5:00pm GMT/12:00pm ET/11:00am CTTopic: - HP-UX: Mission Critical Integrity Server Blades Web cast
Speaker: Tom Vaden, HPURL to register and more information : http://www.connect-community.org/Events/Webcasts/HPUXMissionCriticalBladesWebcast/tabid/228/Default.aspx ********************* Web cast Date: 12 May 2009Time: 8:00 am PDT / 11:00 am EDT / 17:00 CETTopic: GNAT Pro for OpenVMS I64 GNAT Pro is a full-featured Ada development environment integrated into HP's OpenVMS for HP Integrity Servers.  This webinar, presented jointly by AdaCore and HP, will discuss the latest GNAT Pro release and will describe solutions for porting Ada code from VAX and Alpha server platforms. Schedule: Tuesday, May 12 at 8:00 am PDT / 11:00 am EDT / 17:00 CET To register, please visit www.adacore.com/home/gnatpro/webinars  ************************ Web cast Date: 16 April 2009Time: 12:00 noon Eastern time Topic: CA to announce new OpenVMS Solutions virtual user group  CA continues its tradition of delivering complete management solutions for OpenVMS. We encourage you to join us on Wednesday, April 16 at 12:00 noon Eastern time for a one-hour web cast that will provide the status and plans for:ŕ2C7 CA NSM System Monitoring Option for OpenVMSŕ2C7 CA Console Management for OpenVMSŕ2C7 CA Job Management for OpenVMSŕ2C7 CA Performance Management for OpenVMSŕ2C7 CA System Watchdog for OpenVMSCA Development Manager Elaine Ritchie will present with this solution overview, with the opportunity for you to ask questions directly at the end of the broadcast. In addition, CA Product Manager William Hunt will announce the formation of a new CA OpenVMS Solutions virtual user group that will feature the opportunity for you to be kept current on product news/events as well as discuss ideas and best practices with other users across the globe.To register for this program, go directly to http://www.ca.com/us/events/item.aspx?e=201717&eis=1. This web broadcast should be of great interest to anyone using or interested in the OpenVMS platform and the CA family of solutions that help IT organizations manage it more effectively. Please contact William Hunt (William.Hunt at ca.com) if you have questions; we hope to have the opportunity to see you on April 16. **************************************VMS Tech Journal almost at 10KApril 15Call for participation for the June issue of the OpenVMS Technical Journal will close on April 15, we need enough submissions to make it worth our while to have a complete journal.  So far the January issue have received 9,564 views of the journal.  To submit an abstract all you have to do is visit http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/journal/index.html and in the welcome letter where it says "click here" if you want to submit an article, its no surprise click here ;')  ***************************
**************************
2.0 Congratulations To Process Software 25th Anniversary ***************************
**************************** PROCESS SOFTWARE INVITES CUSTOMERS TO JOIN THEM IN CELEBRATING 25 YEARS IN BUSINESS Process Software has begun its 25-year anniversary celebration by inviting their customers and  partners to join them in this monumental occasion. For a quarter of a  century, Process Software has been a dominant vendor in providing TCP/IP for OpenVMS and messaging software solutions to customers with mission-critical applications. Process Software has few peers that have>thrived for this many years. During this period, Process Software grew  >itscustomer base to over 3,000 global companies across all industries  including, the Fortune 500 corporations, government contractors, and  educational institutions, manufacturers, and more. For more information on the Process Software 25 Year Anniversary and a chance to win a 25-year anniversary tie-dye shirt, please visit:         http://www.process.com/anniversary.html  ____________________________________________
3.0 Sue's Fav's 3.1 Blades web cast archiveThis month we had an excellent turn out at the VMS Blades web cast and hope to see more folks at the UX web cast.  If you would like to see/hear the VMS web cast or any of the previous web casts please visit the connect web site at http://www.connect-community.org/Events/Webcasts/tabid/84/Default.aspx ******************3.2 HPTF in Las Vegas From the folks that have been working on it there will be a VMS track at HPTF (HP Tech Forum in Las Vegas), In addition to the VMS sessions there will be a seminar by Keith Parris on Monday.  From what I have also heard Laura Chappell is giving a  number of talks  in the security and Networking tracks which will be excellent.  Laura is really amazing in both topics and if you are at HPTF please make time to go to her sessions.  Please also go to the VMS SIG so you can support community.  For details on HPTF please visit the following web site http://www.connect-community.org/Events/HPTechnologyForumExpo2009/tabid/208/Default.aspx***************http://www.decconnection.org/KOTribute.htm  Just in case you missed this tribute ****************3.3 Clarification regarding SPD This is from Sue A regarding the SPD website I included in the last update. I wanted to make a quick clarification about the SPD websites, just in case you get questions about it.   The page you cite below http://h30266.www3.hp.com/OSDocumentation.shtml is an HP-sponsored site maintained by Ajilon, the people who create our layered products library distributions.  It replicates much of the SPD info that can be found on HP's official doc site http://docs.hp.com which is where people can find OpenVMS and layered product SPDs.  I'd recommend http://docs.hp.com/index.html#openvms as the primary OpenVMS SPD source and http://h30266.www3.hp.com/OSDocumentation.shtml  as the secondary source. Thanks, - Sue**********************3.4 March Issue of Availability digestMarch Issue of Availability digest is now available on the web at http://www.availabilitydigest.com/ **********************3.5 Wife of Ken Olsen passes awayOn a sad note, the wife of Ken Olsen passed away www.flannerbuchanan.comEeva-Liisa Aulikki Olsen, 84, the wife of Digital Equipment Corp. co-founder and long-time president Kenneth Olsen, died earlier this week, according to published reports. ______________________________________________________________________________________   4.0 From our Partners  ***************************4.1 eCube Announces NXTware Remote for OpenVMSRemote Eclipse development solutions eCube Systems is accepting requests from users interested in evaluating the Java version of NXTware Remote for OpenVMS.  NXTware Remote combines an Eclipse plug-in with a remote server execution component to bring remote Eclipse development to OpenVMS. With NXTware Remote, teams of developers can edit code on local workstations -- then deploy, compile and debug on a remote OpenVMS server. Additionally, eCube is also accepting beta testers for the non-Java versions. They are developing custom plug-ins for BASIC, COBOL, and FORTRAN and are looking for feedback as they refine the first release feature set.There are 5 seats available in the evaluation program and 5 in the beta program. If you are interested in taking part in either program please sign up here:  http://www.ecubesystems.com/openVMS_Evaluations.html  More Detailswww.ecubesystems.com/NXTware_Remote.htmlwww.ecubesystems.com/openvms.html ***************************************************************************************************** 4.2 Migration Specialties - Progress Report: Integrity Port: March 20, 2009

Virtual VAX & Alpha Emulator Base Port to Integrity

Last week ably assisted by the OpenVMS guru's at HP's porting center in Marlboro, MA, Migration Specialties successfully ported the Virtualization Layer and base Alpha CPU components to OpenVMS running on Integrity. Some interesting issues regarding C++ compiler behavior and p-threads were encountered and overcome during four days of porting and testing. Development is now proceeding in parallel on OpenVMS and Windows.Mr. Bruce Claremont, Software Preservationist
Migration Specialties International, Inc.
217 West 2nd Street, Florence, CO 81226-1403
Bruce.Claremont at MigrationSpecialties.com
www.MigrationSpecialties.com+1 719-371-1711, Fax: +1 888-854-3417

Migration Specialties offers modern solutions for legacy hardware & software. Look to us for VAX, Alpha, HP1000, PDP-11, and DG Nova & Eclipse replacement options. We also offer OpenVMS, C, RPG, COBOL, DIBOL, MACRO-32, application migration, and data conversion services. Visit our web site at www.MigrationSpecialties.com for more information.***************************************************************************************************************4.3 The new HP PERFDAT OpenVMS V4.2 kit and the new HP PERFDAT GUI V4.2.2 releases are now available for download.HP PERFDAT is a OpenVMS performance and capacity planning solution. A complete suite of highly automated collection, filtering, charting and trend analysis capabilities provide the user with accurate and complete performance information for effective performance lifecycle management.The HP PERFDAT performance solution for OpenVMS is distributed as a # service that includes: Software usage # Software maintenance service # Software upgrade service (Right to use new versions) # Installation support and initial configuration serviceHighlights of the new HP PERFDAT OpenVMS V4.2 release:# Application Programming Interface# New Brocade statistics (Temperature and fan speed) # New EVA disk group statistics # Online Performance Alerting enhancements # New graphing options (fill area option) # CACHE database performance data import utilityHighlights of the new HP PERFDAT GUI V4.2.2 release:# Pie Slice graphing# Enhanced scaling options# Enhanced data stacking options# Graph legend sortingFor detailed information about all the new features and bug-fixes please see the release notes on the HP PERFDAT download link:www.perfdat.com <http://www.perfdat.com> www.hpperfdat.com <http://www.hpperfdat.com> *****************************************************************************************************************
4.4 PointSecure is giving away a Wii!PointSecure's security and auditing solutions can help you with your audit and compliance requirements for OpenVMS systems. They can also save you time and resources by making it easier to proactively monitor your OpenVMS systems for security events, quickly and easily identify security vulnerabilities, create audit and compliance reports, and proactively respond to security incidents before they happen. ***From now until March 31st, download a copy of SnapShot, PatchAnalyzer or Migration Advisor and be registered for a chance to WIN A WII!***SnapShot - Free security snapshot for OpenVMS systems! http://www.pointsecure.com/download/download.aspx?product=SnapShot&s=200903ovmsu PatchAnalyzer -Free patch analysis tool for OpenVMS systems! http://www.pointsecure.com/download/download.aspx?product=PatchAnalyzer&s=200903ovmsu MigrationAdvisor - Comprehensive reporting to assist with migration planning!http://www.pointsecure.com/download/download.aspx?product=MigrationAdvisor&s=200903ovmsu Learn more about our other OpenVMS security and auditing tools: System Detective: Monitor, audit, and control OpenVMS session activity. http://www.pointsecure.com/products/sys_det.aspx PointAudit: Audit, analyze and report on the security of OpenVMS systems. http://www.pointsecure.com/products/pointaudit.aspx *****************************************************
4.5 Migration Specialties Virtual VAX & Alpha Emulator Development

March 3, 2009

Migration Specialties is pleased to announce we have reached a key project milestone ahead of schedule. We have completed development of the emulator environment Virtualization Layer, or VL.

The VL supports everything not directly related to the bits, bytes and registers of the emulated hardware. The VL achieves this in a number of ways:

ŕ2C7 Hiding the differing characteristics of host operating systems and hardware platforms from the rest of the emulator. This allows the same code to run on OpenVMS and Windows without having to bother about different ways to do threading or hardware access.

ŕ2C7 Integrating emulator components that deal with user or host machine interaction. For example, VL communications ports provide the ability to communicate through a telnet session or a physical serial port. This way, this functionality can be shared by any emulated communications port without requiring additional effort, simplifying the emulation environment and providing a more consistent user experience.

ŕ2C7 Providing a flexible network infrastructure for emulated network cards.

ŕ2C7 Integrating a sophisticated control program that allows a single instance of the emulator to support multiple virtual machines. These machines can be of the same or differing types.

ŕ2C7 Providing an extremely flexible method to define hardware configurations in a hierarchical manner, allowing every hardware component to be fully configurable.

Development is now focused on a core Alpha processor that will allow us to generate different emulated Alpha processors (e.g. EV4, EV5) to support different Alpha platforms.

Mr. Bruce Claremont, Software Preservationist
Migration Specialties International, Inc.
217 West 2nd Street, Florence, CO 81226-1403
Bruce.Claremont at MigrationSpecialties.com
www.MigrationSpecialties.com  ******************** 4.6 Software Concepts International recently released V2.3 of its Remote Managed Services for OpenVMS tool setSoftware Concepts International recently released V2.3 of its Remote Managed Services for OpenVMS tool set. Currently deployed at sites worldwide, V2.3 features advanced Process Monitor capabilities, improved queue and disk monitor characteristics, enhanced log file readability, and reduced mail message overhead by centralizing heartbeat monitor messages. V2.3 runs on all currently supported versions of OpenVMS VAX, Alpha and Integrity, and is fully configurable per site. For more information on the SCI Remote Managed Services for OpenVMS, please see http://www.sciinc.com/remotevms/index.asp.______________________________________________________________ 5.0 Press Release 5.1 STROMASYS, SA Announces Results for Fiscal Year 2008  STROMASYS, SA Announces Results for Fiscal Year 2008 Headlines - Geneva, Switzerland, 16, March 2009 STROMASYS SA announced its fiscal year 2008 results today. Stromasysâ019 pre-tax sales revenues experienced a significant increase, with growth of 30% over fiscal year 2007. Despite the economic downturn, Stromasysâ019 revenues continue to move steadily upward. CEO and founder, Dr. Robert Boers, explains, â01CClearly, our customers recognize our products offer outstanding value in preserving their strategic VAX and Alpha applications, at an incredibly low cost.â01D According to Jean-Claude Peterschmitt, a Stromasys Board member and former Vice-President of Digital Equipment Corporation, â01CIn this economic crisis, our solutions deploy in a few days at 10% of the cost of a traditional migration, and should attract the attention of every CFO intent on efficiently implementing high performance solutions.â01D The company is enjoying phenomenal interest in its innovative cross-platform virtualization solutions. Stromasys virtualization solutions, CHARON-VAX and CHARON-AXP, replace legacy hardware systems, such as the VAX and Alpha, with modern, industry-standard systems. While replacing the hardware, the original operating system, layered software, and applications continue to run without modification, so companies can continue to manage their day-to-day business with the valuable operating system and applications they rely on. CHARON software products offer many benefits in addition to the substantial impact on customersâ019 bottom lines. At a time when economic and environmental concerns are paramount, using CHARON software reduces cost of ownership, maintenance fees, energy consumption, and the space required for the datacenter overall. Using CHARON products also allows customers to keep their existing business practices, as no re-training of staff is required. After success in 2007 and early 2008, Stromasys expanded its operations internationally by opening three new Sales and Support subsidiaries in the U.S.A. (North Carolina), Hong Kong, and the Netherlands. Stromasys also expanded its Engineering facilities in Shenzhen, China.   For more information about Stromasys and its solutions, contact our PR Office:Ms. Leslie Finn, leslie.finn at stromasys.com  __________________________________________ 6.0 Jobs 6.1 Sweden  We are looking for programmers on OpenVMS platform in Sweden is it possible to get the word out in one of your emails? Martin KrantzOpenVMS System Manager+46 761 063 089 High Performance Systems ABParkvägen 2A169 35 SOLNAPostadress:Box 506169 29 SOLNA   ----------------------------------  6.2 Dallas Texas A friend just forwarded me this...My name is Puneet and I'm an IT recruiter at Pyramid Consulting, Inc. Our records show that you are an experienced IT professional with experience relevant to one of my current contract openings. The job is located in DALLAS, TX with one of our Fortune 500 direct client. They are looking for a VMS System admin and the following is a more detailed description of the job. VMS System admin with 5 â013 7 years of work experience. ŕ2C7         Good communication skills Client needs somebody who can start this project as soon as next week Note: - Client is eagerly interested to close this position ASAP. The number of this type of position(s) open with the client is 1.  The initial duration of this job is 4-6 months with a possible extension. If you are qualified, available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please call me ASAP at (212) 381-1120-537 even if we have spoken recently about a different position. If you do respond via e-mail please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you. In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP. Thank you,R.Puneetr.puneet at pyramidci.com(212) 381-1120-537  11100, Atlantis Place,  Alpharetta, GA - 30022  www.pyramidci.com  CMMi Level 4 Certified Offshore center  GMSDC- Supplier of the Year (Class IV) - 2008 Deloitte - Technology   Fast 50 in Georgia - 2006, 2007 ABC - Georgia Fast 50 Pacesetters Award - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

--------- következő rész ---------
Egy csatolt HTML állomány át lett konvertálva...