[Vms.sig-hu] nine more press articles from Tuesday's announcement total of 28 so far (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2005. Jan. 20., Cs, 11:42:45 CET

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:53:07 -0500
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: nine more press articles from Tuesday's announcement total of
28 so far

Dear Distribution lists,

Here are nine more articles about the announcement this brings the
total to 28, not bad for 2 days. I just do not have the heart to send
them individually.  I am leaving the list in the email for your future
reference and you only have to keep on email.

Warm Regards,
Sue
_______________
Thanks to Ken Farmer at OpenVMS.org OpenVMS has been slashdotted!

Slashdot is hard to get a story about OpenVMS on.  The editorial board
appears to first dislike anything that is different than UNIX and a
success.  They seem to prefer bad news about non-UNIXes and free
UNIX success stories are also a hit.

The term slashdotted comes from the tendency of web servers that get
a link mentioned in slashdot tend to crash from being overloaded with
visitors.

Slashdot is basically one of the most popular sites on the internet for
I.T. news.  This is very good exposure.

Though everyone might want to go to Slashdot and check out the
comments on Terry's interview with Mark Gorham.

http://it.slashdot.org/it/05/01/19/2236202.shtml?tid=190&tid=218

It's on SNews.com also...

http://www.computerworld.com/hardwaretopics/hardware/server/story/
0,10801,99013,00.html
HP rolls out Itanium 2 servers

http://www.shannonknowshpc.com/stories.php?
story=05/01/18/0435366 "An Interview With Mr. OpenVMS
Himself

http://www.itnews.com.au/newsstory.aspx?
CIaNCID=39&CIaNID=17598 HP resurrects old OS

http://www.enterpriseitplanet.com/networking/news/article.php/34609
11 HP Refreshes Integrity Line

http://www.itnews.com.au/newsstory.aspx?
CIaNCID=34&CIaNID=17600 New HP group targets Dell

The well respected and popular German IT Publisher Web Site
www.heise.de had this link on it's News Ticker today. It's basically the
OpenVMS V8.2 Itanium announcement. See
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/55211

**** http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=9C9B8428-
6050-476B-A84B-D929E959BCA5 OpenVMS 8.2 ships on HP integrity
servers I liked how this one started -
 Compaq Computer Corp made the promise that it would not abandon
its vast OpenVMS installed base as it was shutting down its Alpha chip
development and moving to Itanium, and Hewlett-Packard Co, which
bought Compaq soon thereafter, is making good on that promise.