[Vms.sig-hu] Announcement - CA Delivers Support for OpenVMS I64 With Unicenter Console Management - OK for public use (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2005. Jan. 20., Cs, 17:36:52 CET

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:14:05 -0500
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: Announcement - CA Delivers Support for OpenVMS I64 With
Unicenter Console Management - OK for public use

Dear Distribution Lists,

This is the first of 3 Partner Announcements for this morning.

Warm Regards,
sue

http://www.rednova.com/news/display/?id=119698

ISLANDIA, N.Y., Jan. 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Computer Associates
International, Inc. today announced that Unicenter Console
Management
for OpenVMS I64 r3 is now available on HP Integrity servers based on
the
Intel Itanium 2 processor. Additional Unicenter products -- along with
CA's Ingres open source database -- will become available on HP
Integrity servers later this year.

Unicenter Console Management for OpenVMS I64 enables centralized
out-of-
band management of systems, devices and applications from anywhere
across the enterprise. It provides administrators with remote access
and
control of a wide range of OpenVMS, UNIX, network and storage
systems
and devices -- enabling them to consolidate and scan console messages
for known patterns, receive alerts for critical events, initiate and/or
automate remedial actions, and perform all console functions including
remote shut-downs and reboots. These capabilities are critical for
proactively resolving potential problems before they negatively impact
the business.

CA worked closely with the HP OpenVMS Systems Division during its
OpenVMS I64 Early Test Program to support the HP Integrity Server
platform, which is designed to meet evolving performance and scalability
requirements using industry-standard Intel Itanium processors.

"With a long history of providing a rich portfolio of OpenVMS
management
solutions, CA continues to be a major resource for HP customers
seeking
to maximize returns on their investments in our leading-edge server
platforms," said Mark Gorham, vice president of OpenVMS Systems
Division
at HP. "CA's clear commitment to OpenVMS on Integrity servers is
important to our mutual customers as they meet tremendous scalability,
availability and performance challenges in today's IT environments."

By using Unicenter Console Management for OpenVMS I64, IT
operations
staff can effectively manage heterogeneous implementations of
Integrity
servers, AlphaServer systems and VAX systems in a common,
streamlined
manner. Support for OpenVMS I64 enables customers to immediately
introduce HP's new Itanium- based servers into this environment
without
disrupting the existing management framework.

Unicenter Console Management for OpenVMS I64 operates as a
standalone
console and can seamlessly integrate with Unicenter Network and
Systems
Management, enabling OpenVMS systems to be managed in the
context of
enterprise-wide IT resources.

"OpenVMS is playing an important role in mission-critical IT
environments worldwide where performance, availability and security
are
of paramount importance," said Aline Gerew, vice president of product
development at CA. "By supporting OpenVMS on Integrity servers, CA is
providing our customers with an easy upgrade path and reducing their
total cost of server ownership."

For more information on CA's OpenVMS solutions, please visit:
http://ca.com/openvms.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20021111/CALOGO )

About CA

Computer Associates International, Inc. , the world's largest
management
software company, delivers software and services across operations,
security, storage, life cycle and service management to optimize the
performance, reliability and efficiency of enterprise IT environments.
Founded in 1976, CA is headquartered in Islandia, N.Y. and serves
customers in more than 140 countries. For more information, please visit
http://ca.com/.

2005 Computer Associates International, Inc. One Computer Associates
Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All trademarks, trade names, service marks,
and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.

Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20021111/CALOGO

Computer Associates International, Inc.

CONTACT: Rita O'Brien, Computer Associates International,
Inc.,+1-631-764-1001, rita.obrien at ca.com

Web site: http://ca.com/http://ca.com/openvms

Company News On-Call:
http://www.prnewswire.com/comp/196575.html