[Vms.sig-hu] OpenVMS Pearl -

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2005. Jún. 1., Sze, 22:09:36 CEST

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 10:32:14 -0400
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: OpenVMS Pearl - "CockpitMgr for OpenVMS" now on Integrity -
OK for external distribution

"CockpitMgr for OpenVMS" now on Integrity

HP CockpitMgr for OpenVMS
A cockpit is a dedicated VMS system that centralizes all management
operations. The main task of this cockpit is to monitor the entire
OpenVMS production environment (systems, consoles, applications,
performance, security, network, storage...) and to take care of event
notification in a uniform way.  The cockpit assists the system manager
24 hours per day and automates routine tasks.

'CockpitMgr for OpenVMS' is the toolkit that helps implementing such a
cockpit. It bundles the experience of many system managers into one
product. It is today the most complete toolset in the industry
supporting the VMS system manager in the daily operations.

Announcing CockpitMgr V7.0, running on Integrity
CockpitMgr is now also available on OpenVMS for Integrity, and provides
much more functionality then the Digital POLYCENTER(c) product suite
ever had. Now you can manage your VAX, Alpha and Integrity OpenVMS
systems with CockpitMgr.

The product is already deployed to manage mission-critical OpenVMS
environments in government, finance, transport, and telecom
organizations.

Now available in 3 tiers
*          Minicenter manages up to 10 nodes, for smaller but still
business-critical datacenters

*          DataCenter can manage up to 25 nodes, offering additionally
paging capabilities and the GUI interface

*          MaxiCenter supports an unlimited amount of nodes and delivers
also a hot-standby cockpit

Customer testimonial: Belgian Railways
Belgian Railways is since the early nineties world-wide one of the
largest OpenVMS installations. OpenVMS is the platform used for
national
and international ticketing and reservations, and for the cargo message
handling.  Filip Herrebout, manager of the VMS office, says: "We manage
9 disaster-tolerant VMSclusters and nearly 1000 Alpha systems located
all over the country with only 3 people. The cockpit continuously
monitors our systems, and provides us information on our SAN and
network. The cockpit is fundamental for our operations."

Emulators International
Emulators International offers products and services for OpenVMS
customers. CEO Arie de Groot: "We didn't hesitate when HP asked us to
take care of the world-wide distribution of CockpitMgr. There is a clear
demand from the VMS system manager community for an integrated
management solution running on OpenVMS." CockpitMgr for OpenVMS
remains
an HP product, while Emulators International handles the world-wide
sales, consulting and first-line support.

CockpitMgr at the OpenVMS Bootcamp
CockpitMgr V7.0 will be presented at the OpenVMS Bootcamp, June 5-
10 in
Nashua NH. You can find more information at
www.emulatorsinternational.com