[Vms.sig-hu] What keeps me awake at night (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2005. Jún. 2., Cs, 21:01:44 CEST

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 17:52:25 -0400
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>,
        kfarmer at openvms.org
Tárgy: What keeps me awake at night

Dear Distribution lists,

A few years ago, an executive I can not remember if it was Mark Gorham
or Rich Marcello would have a portion of their presentation that
included "what keeps me awake at night"  I have decided to share with
you what keeps me awake at night because I think together we can
solve
it.

Problem statement.

I hear from customers that there are not enough VMS people and on
the
other hand I have about 50 resumes and I hear regularly from folks
looking for jobs. Please keep in mind that I have nothing to do with
hiring, recruiting, HR or anything like this, I just care about
customers and my friends.

Now I can not figure out if "I can not find VMS people" actually means I
can not find VMS people that will work for tips and beer or it means
there are no qualified VMS people in their area.  Now I know that there
are folks in New England and New York looking but I seem to get lots of
jobs for California.  Also many folks in Europe looking but I never hear
from companies in Europe so I have no idea how that works for Europe.

I am willing to talk to Ken Farmer about setting up a survey and
knowing
Ken he will do anything that the VMS community needs to help us all
out.
But in your opinion what is the most useful thing that Ken and myself
can do?  In the mean time if your company has an opening for a VMS
person let me know and I will send it out in the weekly VMS update,
that
has worked well in the past.

Thanks so much for your time.

Warm Regards,