[Vms.sig-hu] Updated OpenVMS Information - Ok for External Distribution (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2005. Már. 14., H, 16:21:03 CET

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:28:00 -0500
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: Updated OpenVMS Information - Ok for External Distribution

Dear Folks,

Sorry for the size of this one but there has been a lot of news and I
have been a little busy getting ready for the boot camp announcement
which you will be seeing in the next week or so.  Wait till you see all
the work Warren Sander has done on the web its really amazing.

Well my friends I hope you are in good health and I look forward to
seeing many of you soon, please let me know if you need anything.

Warm Regards,
Sue

1. VMS on a new HP external page
2. Synerge ports to VMS on Integrity Servers (also found out how you
can
subscribe to their newsletter)
3. VMS Mentions in the Press - four of them
4. SRI International (Charon VAX folks) found out how you can subscribe
to their newsletter
5. New Golden Eggs from our fried Matti
6. Announcement from CA on Unicenter(r) Job Management for
OpenVMS I64
7. Job

1. New HP link (not new OpenVMS web page)
http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/html/4161-0-0-0-121.html
Look on
the right side under "related solutions."

2. Synergy/DE now available on HP OpenVMS for Integrity Servers
http://www.synergex.com/Company/Articledetail.asp?id=2707
GOLD RIVER, Calif. and PALO ALTO, Calif. -- Synergex today released
Synergy/DE 8.1.7c on HP OpenVMS 8.2 for HP Integrity servers. With
this
release, Synergex customers can easily move their Synergy business
applications to the new Itanium(r) 2-based HP Integrity server platform.

OpenVMS for Integrity servers provides a cost-effective,
industry-standard platform for OpenVMS developers. The new OpenVMS
version (8.2) enhances key properties of OpenVMS such as security,
scalability, availability, performance, and interoperability with
UNIX(r).

"We have a strong relationship with Synergex and were pleased to
work
with them on the Synergy/DE port to OpenVMS for Integrity servers. We
look forward to working with Synergex and their customers through this
migration and beyond," said Mark Gorham, VP, OpenVMS systems
division at
HP.

Synergex's port to OpenVMS on the Integrity server platform involved a
collaborative effort between Synergex and HP--and both companies will
provide assistance to Synergex customers with their migrations to
Integrity servers

How to subscribe to the Synerg - e newsletter
http://www.synergex.com/solutions/synergy/NewsLetters/sensubscribe
.asp

3. Mentions in the Press

Endgame for Tru64 (with a nice recommendation to move to VMS from
Parsec)
"http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/software/story/0,1080
1,1000
34,00.html"

Windows Server Takes on Big Unix Boxes
http://www.itjungle.com/two/two030205-story02.html

CA confirms plans for open source patent pledge -
"http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=DC531E86-85D0-
42C4-A752-
DFA5DA446142"

Get IPv6 skills to meet predicted demand
"http://www.computerweekly.com/articles/article.asp?
liArticleID=136862&l
iArticleTypeID=1&liCategoryID=6&liChannelID=174&liFlavourID=1&sSear
ch=&n
Page=1"

Enhanced Integrity Server
http://www.rednova.com/news/display/?id=130525

4. SRI International has a newsletter (CharonVAX folks) if you want to
subscribe send email to charon at softresint.com - back copies are
available at http://www.softresint.com/Newsletter.html

HP Systems Insite Manager
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/quic
kspecs.h
tml

5. New Golden Eggs - According to Matti - Mr. Golden Eggs has just
reached his 60 years anniversary. To celebrate this mileage, the Golden
Eggs Goose has initialized a brand new diagram series for HP Unified
Cluster Platform 4000. One cabinet, GigaEthernet, 32x Opteron DL145
compute node Cluster. The combined control and utility node is DL585.
Everything packed in one single 42U rack. The CP4000 family will come
out with numerous shining

The first HP Unified Cluster Platform 4000 Golden Eggs is posted at
Ken's Hatchery. Push this:

http://goldeneggs.spyderbyte.com/geggs/CP4000GigE32.pdf

New Opteron DL385 and DL585 are on-line, 2600MHz.

Opteron information sheets, two pages each:
2-Way DL385:
http://goldeneggs.spyderbyte.com/geggs/GEODL385a.pdf
4-Way DL585:
http://goldeneggs.spyderbyte.com/geggs/GEODL585a.pdf

6.

Unicenter(r) Job Management for OpenVMS I64

Computer Associates International, Inc (CA) is pleased to announce the
opening of registration for the Unicenter(r) Job Management for
OpenVMS
I64 Beta Program.

As a participant in the beta program, you have the opportunity to gain
early access to many of its features and platform support, including:

*       Intel(r) Itanium(r) 2 based HP Integrity Server support
*       Mixed architecture interoperability
*       Enterprise-wide OpenVMS job control
*       Automated job execution
*       Management of complex job dependencies
*       Load  balancing across multiple systems in a cluster
*       Real-time job monitoring
*       Automatic error recovery and retry of failed jobs
*       Flexible calendars
*       Seamless integration with Unicenter(r) Network and Systems
Management

In addition, you will communicate directly with the Unicenter for
OpenVMS Research and Development (R&D) team to investigate and
address
any reported problems, questions or comments. In order to register,
please go to the following site.

http://supportconnectw.ca.com/public/beta/openvms3/openvms3beta.a
sp

Qualified participants will receive an acceptance email and further
details such as product features and availability.

We look forward to your participation. For more information on CA's
Enhanced Beta Programs and Participation Requirements please visit
www.ca.com/betas.

Sincerely,

The Unicenter(r) Job Management for OpenVMS I64 Team

(c) 2005 Computer Associates International, Inc. (CA). All trademarks,
trade names, service marks and logos referenced herein belong to their
respective companies

8. JOBS

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/jobseeker/jobsearch/job_detail.html?
job_id=JI55
NP3PO

Job Description:

The integrated Mission Management (iMM) program is initiating a new
paradigm for planning and scheduling satellite and ground resources for
a multiple-satellite program. Candidate will be a member of a
multi-contractor team working to enhance the particular skills of each
organization.

The iMM Transition team is seeking a Transition Systems Engineer to
assist in the development, integration, test, and delivery of the iMM
system. The Transition IPT is charged with the segment integration ,
test, and training functions, as well as the successful delivery of the
system to multiple field sites.

The successful candidate will be responsible for developing CDRL
documents and RFC's relating to the delivery of the system, interfacing
into the existing site networks, managing or assisting in the
installation into the field sites, and construction of VMS based
simulators. This position requires a diverse background in networking
equipment, software and hardware development, integration and test,
system installation, and VMS systems administration.