[Vms.sig-hu] OpenVMS Pearl fun way to start the week - ok for external (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2006. Ápr. 4., K, 08:55:35 CEST

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:55:43 -0400
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: OpenVMS Pearl fun way to start the week -  ok for external

Dear Folks,

The following article is public and is humor but I thought it was a
great way to start the week.  It is a long article so I only included a
few lines.

Warm Regards,
Sue

http://www.newsforge.com/articles/06/03/27/168247.shtml?tid=149

My Desktop OS: OpenVMS with CDE

.....my desktop OS is OpenVMS, an operating system that's secure,
reliable, and low-cost, with consistent performance and desirable
functionality.

Let's start with security. When was the last time OpenVMS was shut
down
by a virus? Have there been any Trojans or worms that attacked the
DKA0:[000000] or hijacked the boot block of a TK-50? Does your OS
have
an Operator that incessantly rings audible alarms? It's this kind of
security that makes OpenVMS famous.

You can count on OpenVMS for reliability. Very seldom does a runaway
process lock up to a point of unresponsiveness. There are no Blue
Screens of Death, and the OS doesn't panic when the going gets tough.
I've never rebooted "just because." ......