[Vms.sig-hu] Updated VMS information - Excellent Partner information - OK for external use (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2006. Ápr. 4., K, 09:01:59 CEST

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:12:30 -0500
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: Updated VMS information - Excellent Partner information - OK for
external use

Dear Distribution lists,

In this weeks update there is all kinds of information that you will find
useful and beneficial.  Let's talk about what is in this message because
there is so much.  If you are a Partner PLEASE PLEASE TAKE THE TIME
TO REVIEW SECTION 8

Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for the support and
kindness you show every day.

Warm Regards,
Sue

1. Time Sensitive FREE Webinar from PARSEC, Managing Transition:
Maximize your OpenVMS IT Investment with HP Integrity Servers, April
5th

2. Announcement from VMS Engineering - updates to the Performance
Data Collector

3. Encompass Event in Montreal with a free gift to the first 50 to register

4. Sue's Fav's my favorite URL's that I have either found or been
pointed to lately (useful or fun or both)

5. Golden Eggs -  This is the first time when HP Integrity Servers can
share a small SCSI based cluster

6. New on www.OpenVMS.org forums where to can communicate with
other folks in the VMS community (not really new, it upgraded, but its
new to some).

7. In the Press - VMS mentions in the Press and there are a lot of them
this week.

8. **** For our Partners this section contains very useful information to
Partners and can help save you big money and help you with leads.
Well worth your time. **

9. From our Partners - Announcement from CA Unicenter® Network and
Systems Management System Monitoring Option for OpenVMS I64 r3

1. Time Sensitive

PARSEC Group, HP, and CA would like to invite you to sign up for our
FREE Webinar, Managing Transition: Maximize your OpenVMS IT
Investment with HP Integrity Servers, to be held on April 5, 2006, from
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. EST.
With the arrival of high performance HP Integrity servers and
availability of a host of applications, transition to Itanium has to be in
your planning horizon. Justifying and making this move without
compromising your business and ensuring that you gain maximum
benefits from your investment require planning. Fortunately, help is on
the way! This live, interactive Web cast will help you navigate the
Itanium road map. You'll also have the opportunity to ask questions to
the HP, CA and PARSEC Group professionals who can help you meet
the challenges of providing business justification for the transition,
opportunities for server consolidation to gain significant savings as well
as managing and effectively deploying your business-critical OpenVMS
systems. Join HP's John Egolf, CA's Prabhakara Bhat, and PARSEC
Group's Russ Baldermann for a one-hour live Web cast. Our panel of
experts will discuss: The road to Itanium,Business value of Itanium
adoption,Seamless management, Planning considerations, Services for
optimum deployment,

Register today for Managing Transition: Maximize your OpenVMS IT
Investment with HP Integrity Servers by clicking here.
http://www.parsec.com/general/promotion.php?p=9T18K

2. Announcment from VMS Engineering

OpenVMS Engineering is pleased to announce the availability of two
new updates to the Performance Data Collector for HP OpenVMS (TDC)
software. Both are now available from the web site at URL
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/products/tdc/

TDC Version 2.1-84 is a maintenance-only update to the Version 2.1
product. It corrects two critical problems (possible system crash when
invoking spinlock tracing while a TDC collector is running; creating huge
log files when some TDC error conditions are encountered during a
collection) as well as a small number of data quality issues (disk-busy
counts, process memory use, network interface I/O, and XFC statistics-
reset time).

TDC Version 2.2-105 is a maintenance and limited-functionality update
to the product. In addition to the fixes provided by Version 2.1-84, it
addresses additional data quality issues as well as a "%TDC-E-
INITERR, IPC startup failed: 2544" error seen occasionally when
starting a detached TDC collector process. Version 2.2 introduces
several new data records and extends the /LOG qualifier to accept a
file specification. Version 2.2 also provides a number of new
programming features to facilitate processing of TDC data records:
sorted views of many records; a function to match records from the
current snapshot with corresponding records from the previous
snapshot; a function to return "delta" records that reflect changes in
values between snapshots; a function to follow record links; additional
processor module capabilities; additional item codes for use with
TDC_GET_INFO(); and updated sample code.

If you are using TDC with Enterprise Capacity and Performance (ECP)
Version 5.5A, you should download the TDC Version V2.1-84 update.

For any other use of TDC, you should download the TDC Version 2.2-
105 update.

If you are participating in the OpenVMS Version 8.3 field test:

·	The downloadable TDC Version 2.2-105 kit contains
appropriate runtime software.
·	TDC Version 2.1-84 runtime software can be requested via
email to VMSTDCV2

HP expands OpenVMS product availability with the addition of new
capability and new software products for OpenVMS on HP Integrity
servers

___________________________________

3. Encompass

FREE OpenVMS T-SHIRT TO FIRST 20 THAT REGISTERS FOR MONTREAL
SEMINAR The first 20 registrations received for the Montreal seminar on
April 25, 2006 will each receive an OpenVMS T-shirt from HP.
Registrations have been coming in since last week and seating for the
event is limited, so don't wait until the last minute to sign up.  Please
note that registrants must be present at the event to receive their free
T-shirts.
http://www.encompasscanada.com/seminars.htm

_________________________________

4. Sue's Fav's

http://tinyurl.com/jayyl
Or

http://h71028.www7.hp.com/ERC/cache/49205-0-0-0-121.aspx?
bodycontentparams=313885-0-0-0-
121&ERL=true&jumpid=em_CTmar06_feature04
HP set the 'gold standard' for reliability and now brings you more

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms821_announce.html?
jumpid=em_lightning|openvms|in_newsletter

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/integrity/integrity_gwm.html HP
Integrity Essentials Global WorkLoad Manager v1.1 for OpenVMS on HP
Integrity servers and AlphaServer systems

http://www.migrationspecialties.com/Porting.html OpenVMS Porting
Services

_______________________________

5. Golden Eggs -  This is the first time when HP Integrity Servers can
share a small SCSI based cluster storage for small business critical
solutions. Total 4.2TB of disk storage in a small 3U rack space.There are
thousands of existing Alpha customers waiting for this Integrity driven
Cluster. It is small in size, just total 7U rack space for full cluster of dual
rx2620-2 Integrity servers.Even more dense entry cluster with rx1620
hosts fit in 5U space with 4.2TB of disk.

Direct link to: HP MSA30-MI Dual SCSI Cluster, rx1620, rx2620, rx4640,
1page http://goldeneggs.spyderbyte.com/geggs/GTMSA30MI.pdf

The full Golden Eggs basket in service:
http://goldeneggs.spyderbyte.com/

__________________________________

6. From www.OpenVMS.Org - Ken has upgraded the forums and the
new forums are active: The forums have been upgraded to prevent
spam and foul types of messages.

______________________________

7. In the Press

http://press-releases.techwhack.com/2350/arches-chip-based-
solutions/ Hewlett-Packard launches 'Arches' chip based solutions

http://www.itnewsonline.com/showstory.php?
storyid=3254&scatid=3&contid=3  HP Enhances Integrity Server Line,
HP-UX Operating System

http://www.zdnetindia.com/news/hardware/stories/135544.html?s=1
Integrity gets a kick in the Arches

http://www.serverwatch.com/news/article.php/3593136 HP Announces
Integrity Enhancements

http://techplanetasia.com/bcm/index.php/article/524 Never turn off a
virtual machine

http://www.itjungle.com/tug/tug032306-story01.html HP Announces
High-End 'Arches' Chipset for Integrities

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/article.php/20060321051106955 HP
Upgrades Integrity Servers with New Chipset

http://www.serverwatch.com/hreviews/article.php/3594606 Hardware
Today: HPC Gets as Easy as 1-2-3  by Drew Robb

http://news.com.com/Welcome+to+HPs+third+Superdome/2100-
1006_3-6045653.html Welcome to HP's third Superdome

http://www.echannelline.com/usa/story.cfm?item=20568   HP enhances
Integrity servers

8. For Partners

*********  Partner  VERY Important Information *********

DSPP is HP's partner program and it is free to join and there are all
kinds of benefits.  If you are not a DSPP member and you are a partner
(you provide a service or develop a software product) (large or small) I
highly recommend that you join.  HP has some really wonderful benefits
in this program, and the HP people in the group are really helpful.

Itanium® Solutions Alliance (you can save BIG money here)
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/bus/bus_BusDetailPage_IDX/1,1252,
8243,00.html

Did you know if you are a DSPP member you get free Encompass
membership
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/bus/bus_BusDetailPage_IDX/1,1252,
3444,00.html

Did you know for $255 you can build a co-branded data sheet
(electronic only) and for an additional amount order hard copy? Must be
a DSPP member
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/bus/bus_BusDetailPage_IDX/1,1252,
4874,00.html

HP Solution Demo Portal - a virtual tradeshow - First 50 are free
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/bus/bus_BusDetailPage_IDX/1,1252,
8868,00.html

2006 series of HP-Intel Developer Forums - don't miss this chance to
port your software and get an  HP Integrity server:

http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/bus/bus_BusDetailPage_IDX/1,1252,
6045,00.html

WIN2WIN contest - report your wins and enter to win an HP Integrity
server :

http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/OnlineForm/form_OnlineForm_IDX/1,
2914,170,00.html

OpenVMS Bootcamp Partner Roundhouse - Tuesday, May 23, Nashua,
NH - sign up now for your free table at this event:

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/symposium/roundhouse_signup.html

___________________

9. From our Partners (if you need a nicer looking copy please let me
know)

CA is pleased to invite you to participate in the Unicenter® Network and
Systems Management System Monitoring Option for OpenVMS I64 r3
Beta program. Please visit the following site for more details and to
register for beta.

http://supportconnectw.ca.com/public/beta/nsmopenvms31/nsmopenvm
s31beta.asp

Regards,

Prabhakara Bhat

CA

Unicenter® Network and Systems Management System Monitoring
Option for OpenVMS I64 r3

Dear Beta Customer,

CA is pleased to invite you to participate in the Unicenter® Network and
Systems Management System Monitoring Option for OpenVMS I64 r3
Beta program. Your participation offers you the ability to validate this
new product in your own environment, allowing you to give us
feedback on product enhancements, quality and the beta program.

Your contribution to this critical product test cycle is directly related to
the success of the generally available (GA) release of CA products and
ensures that we deliver solutions that are ready to meet your real-
world requirements.

As a participant in the beta program, you will communicate directly with
the Beta Research and Development team to investigate and address
any reported problems, questions or comments.

Unicenter Network and Systems Management System Monitoring
Option for OpenVMS I64 helps Unicenter NSM discover, monitor and
display the health and availability of critical Itanium based HP Integrity
servers running OpenVMS I64 and application log files residing on
those systems. It enables you to monitor OpenVMS I64 resources
against user-defined thresholds and generate policy-based alerts to
notify problems before they can impact your business.

Top Three Key Features:

·       Automatic discovery of OpenVMS I64 systems in your enterprise
and view them in an automatically created Business Process View (BPV)

·       Monitoring the status and performance of OpenVMS I64 System
resources, log files and log file entries
·       Generation of policy-based alerts based on user-defined
thresholds, allowing you to consolidate events from OpenVMS I64
systems along with those from heterogeneous platforms, correlate
them and take necessary actions

What's New:

·       Ability to discover and monitor the health and availability of
Itanium based HP Integrity servers running OpenVMS I64 in your
enterprise

·       Monitor Integrity servers in homogeneous as well as mixed-
architecture OpenVMS clusters.

Get more information and register for the Unicenter Network and
Systems Management System Monitoring Option for OpenVMS I64 r3
beta program

Sincerely,

Unicenter Network and Systems Management Beta Team

Register Now

Unicenter Network and Systems Management System Monitoring
Option for OpenVMS I64 r3 More Information

System Requirements
Feedback
CA Beta Program Disclaimer

For more information on CA's Enhanced Beta Programs and
Participation Requirements please visit www.ca.com/betas.

CA. One Computer Associates Plaza, Islandia, NY 11749
This message is a solicitation from CA. To stop receiving such emails,
click here.

Contact    Legal Notice    Privacy Policy    ca.com
Copyright © 2006 CA. All rights reserved.