[Vms.sig-hu] Announcment: GNAT Ada Pro for OpenVMS Integrity Servers - New Release (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2006. Jan. 10., K, 07:52:18 CET

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 14:01:38 -0500
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: Announcment: GNAT Ada Pro for OpenVMS Integrity Servers -
New Release

Dear Distribution Lists,

Yet another announcement for you.

Warm Regards,
Sue

__
January 4, 2005

AdaCore and HP are pleased to announce a prerelease of GNAT Pro for
OpenVMS for HP Integrity servers (GNAT Pro 5.04w for OpenVMS I64),
available for evaluation purposes.  If you are interested in downloading

this prerelease, please complete the questionnaire below and return it
to sales at adacore.com.

The regular product release, GNAT Pro 5.04a for OpenVMS I64, will be
made later in Q1 2006

Sincerely,

Ben Brosgol, Project Manager, GNAT Pro for OpenVMS I64
Rick McLaughlin, Business Manager, HP

***********************************

PRERELEASE DESCRIPTION
----------------------

GNAT Pro for OpenVMS for HP Integrity servers is a full implementation
of Ada 95, including the Specialized Needs annexes.

This prerelease, GNAT Pro 5.04w, provides the following capabilities:

* Full compliance with the ISO standard for Ada 95
* Support for many important new features in Ada 2005
* Source based compilation system, eliminating the Ada 83-style
program
library
* Mixed-language capabilities
* Integrated toolset and libraries
* Code optimization
* Support for HP Ada (previously known as DEC Ada)
implementation-dependent features, including VAX Float
* Full compatibility with HP Ada data layouts
* Native GNU assembler (gas), ported to OpenVMS
* Product documentation: GNAT User's Guide and Reference Manual
* A document that describes how to use a C-oriented debugger with
an Ada

program

This prerelease has been run on the ACATS suite, comprising more than
3000 Ada language conformance tests, and it passed more than 99%.
It was

also run on a collection of AdaCore internal test suites (approximately
10,000 tests), and it passed approximately 98%.

Ada debugging support is being implemented by HP in OpenVMS Debug
and is

scheduled for completion in 2006.  For purposes of this GNAT Pro
prerelease you can use a debugger kit, obtainable from HP, that runs
on
OpenVMS 8.2-1.  You can copy the HP kit directly to your system by
clicking on this ftp path:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/openvms/private/VMS821I_DEBUG_V0100.ZIPEXE

If you would like to ftp the kit directly while logged into your VMS
system, you can use this command:

$ copy/ftp/anon/bin
ftp.hp.com::"/pub/openvms/private/VMS821I_DEBUG_V0100.ZIPEXE
<ftp.hp.com::>" *

After copying the kit to your system, you must unzip it.

Since this debugger is somewhat limited in its "Ada awareness", the
GNAT

Pro prerelease package includes documentation on how to perform
C-oriented debugging on an Ada program.

GNAT Pro for OpenVMS for HP Integrity servers uses 64-bit addresses,
consistent with the Itanium architecture.  The GNAT Pro User's Guide
contains a section on porting guidance for code that assumes 32-bit
addresses.

This prerelease of GNAT Pro is known to be incomplete in several areas:

* Support for certain HP Ada specific pragmas, such as AST_ENTRY, is
not

yet provided.  These will be available in the Q1 2006 GNAT Pro 5.04a
product.

* As noted above, Ada-aware debugging is limited.  Additional
capabilities will be provided during 2006.

Further, although the compiler supports code optimization, the compiler
itself has not been compiled with optimization.

SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS
----------------------------------

To use the GNAT Pro prerelease, your site should have:

* An HP Integrity server supporting OpenVMS 8.2-1
* Fast/reliable internet access, for both e-mail and downloads/uploads

Note: it is possible to use the prerelease on an OpenVMS 8.2 platform,
but that will require special measures in order to access a compatible
version of OpenVMS Debug.  OpenVMS 8.2-1 is strongly recommended.

PRERELEASE EVALUATION QUESTIONNAIRE
-----------------------------------

Please return the completed questionnaire by e-mail to
sales at adacore.com.  The subject line should specify "GNAT Pro for
OpenVMS I64 Prerelease".  If you are an AdaCore customer, please
include

your customer number.

1. Contact information

Name of your organization:
Group/department/mailstop:
Street address:
City, State/Country:
Zip code/Postal Code:
Facsimile number:

Name, e-mail address, and phone number of the primary contact
person
responsible for the actual testing of the software:

2. General information

2.1 Please provide a short summary of your site and your Ada project
(s),

to help us better know you.

2.2 Are you currently using GNAT Pro?  If so, on which platform(s)?

2.3 Why are you interested in evaluating this Prerelease?

2.4 What are your plans / schedule for transitioning to GNAT Pro for
OpenVMS I64?

3. Communication

3.1.   We require all prerelease evaluation sites to have Internet
access for submitting status / problem reports and performing
downloads
/ uploads.  Can you comply with this requirement?

[   ]  Yes.             [   ]  No.

3.2.  We depend on sites submitting status / problem reports on a
regular basis during the evaluation. Can you comply with this
requirement?

[   ]  Yes.             [   ]  No.

3.3.   We expect all sites to install the  software, to test it on a
sample program, and to submit a status report within 2 to 3 working
days

confirming successful installation / test or identifying any problems.
Can you comply with this requirement?

[   ]  Yes.             [   ]  No.

3.4.   If you encounter problems, will you provide us with all source
code and all commands necessary to reproduce the problem?

[   ]  Yes.             [   ]  No, because

4. Software/Hardware

4.1.  Please list the version of the operating system installed, the
CPU(s)  that will be used during this prerelease evaluation and the
layered products installed.

    Version of OS           CPU type(s)             Layered Products

4.2 If you are using HP Ada, please indicate which version.

A hat lúzer újra együtt! Üvegtigris 2: január 19-től a mozikban!
http://www.uvegtigris.hu