[Vms.sig-hu] Updated VMS Information, please keep, OK for external (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2006. Jan. 11., Sze, 08:08:07 CET

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:40:38 -0500
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: Updated VMS Information, please keep, OK for external

Dear Distribution Lists,

Enclosed please find some updated VMS information that you will find
useful.  Since I have not changed jobs, I still have nothing to do with
hiring people. So the jobs portion of this email is just for
communication purposes because I care that my friends have jobs and
our
valued customers have the people they need.

Warm Regards as always,
Sue

1. BOOT CAMP 2006
2. VTJ FINAL COUNT
3. Favorite URLs
4. Training
5. From VMS Engineering
6. Jobs

1. BOOT CAMP 2006 For your planning purposes here are some details
around the 2006 OpenVMS Advanced Technical Boot Camp: (I am
getting a
lot of email around this so I thought I would just send an email out to
everyone)
Date: Sunday May 21 until Friday May 26 2006 (starting at noon)
(ending
at noon)
Location: Sheraton Hotel Nashua, NH
Registration Cost 1495.00 - (Includes breakfast and lunch each day and
dinner two nights)
Hotel rate is $105 per night
There will be VMS certification training during the week
We will be offering seminars the week before and we are looking at
several other options, Dress is casual (blue jeans are fine)

If you have suggestions for topics I can not make guarantees but feel
free to let me know.

2. VTJ FINAL COUNT for views of the OpenVMS Technical journal for 2005
is aprox 45,011 which is excellent.  My sincere thanks to all the
authors and even more to Warren Sander and Mary Marrota who have
done an
excellent job in making this journal what it is today, this journal
would not be possible without them.

3. Sue's Favorite URLs

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/os/swroll/73-2.HTML - OpenVMS
Software
Rollout Report http://tinyurl.com/8om4p

HP's business partner of the year
http://tinyurl.com/9eoqa or the long url below

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?
ndmViewId=news
_view&newsId=20051219005055&newsLang=en
______________________________
4. Training
A free "6-Week Java Intro Programming Online Boot camp" course is
about
to start from Jan. 16th, 2006. This boot camp is for anyone who wants
learn Java programming for the first time. In this course, students will
learn how to write, compile, and run Java programs. They will also learn
essential object oriented programming concepts such as inheritance
and
polymorphism. Students will write and run the Java programs using both
command line tools and NetBeans IDE.
Each week, students are expected to do weekly homework after
studying
the presentation and hands-on lab material. There is also class group
alias where students can ask questions.
The 1st session of this bootcamp course starts from January 16th, 2006.
The only thing you have to do in order to register for the course is
sending an email to the following address.
javaintro1-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
javaintro1-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
For detailed information about this bootcamp, please go to the following
websites.
Course website: http://www.javapassion.com/javaintro1
Course schedule: http://www.javapassion.com/javaintro1/Class.html
_____________________________
5. From VMS Engineering
OpenVMS Engineering is pleased to announce the availability of
Distributed NetBeans Version 1.1 for OpenVMS Alpha and OpenVMS I64.

Distributed NetBeans allows you to run the NetBeans integrated
development environment (IDE) on your desktop system to develop
applications on a remote HP OpenVMS system.

New features for Version 1.1 include

Support for Integrity Server Systems
FTP Filesystem
Distributed NetBeans now gives you the option of using FTP to access
your remote filesystem. You can use FTP instead of, or in addition to,
an SMB-based filesystem (such as Advanced Server or Samba). COBOL,
FORTRAN, and PASCAL Languages Distributed NetBeans contains
support for
the COBOL, FORTRAN, and PASCAL languages in addition to C/C++, CMS
support, DCL support, and EDT keypad support. MMS and BASH MMS
and BASH
shell script files are recognized as text files in Distributed NetBeans.
You can create, edit, and execute MMS make files and BASH shell scripts
from within the IDE.
Automatic Conversion of Files to STREAM_LF Format
STREAM_LF file format is required if you are using an SMB-based
filesystem (Advanced Server or Samba). Distributed NetBeans V1.1
detects
whether files are in STREAM_LF format, and if they are not, you are
asked if you want them to be automatically converted for you. CMS
Groups
and Classes Distributed NetBeans contains support for CMS groups and
classes. A CMS group lets you combine one or more elements or groups
into a group that you can then manipulate as a single unit.  A class is
a set of specific generations of elements that can be manipulated as a
unit Server Setup Command
The server setup command property allows you to specify a DCL
command
string to be executed by the remote IDE User server during its startup.
The command specified is passed to DCL for execution. You can specify
different setup command for each remote server you create. Installation
on ODS-2 Disks Distributed NetBeans allows you to work with files
located on ODS-2 disks, in addition to ODS-5 disks. Note that if you are
using Distributed NetBeans with Java files, the Java files must be on an
ODS-5 disk. (This limitation will be removed in a future release of the
Java SDK.) And many more new features, see the online help section
titled, "What's New in Version 1.1" for more details.

The NetBeans IDE, Distributed NetBeans client, and the IDE Server are
provided free of charge.  Support is provided with your OpenVMS
operating system support contract and by the Distributed NetBeans
development team.

For more information or to download the Distributed NetBeans V1.1 kit,
please visit

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/products/ips/netbeans/distnb.ht
ml
______________________________
6. Jobs

Sue,

VMS Admin Position Available.

Western Philadelphia Suburbs

Looking for a VMS administrator with Alpha/Cluster/SAN experience.

Currently running 4 VMSclusters and a few stand-alone systems on
TCPIP/DECnet network.  VMS 7.3 or greater.  Experienced only need
apply.

Full-Time contract position for minimum of 1 year, with likely extension
after the initial contract.

Call 610-358-8212 or email sedwards at verizon.net
Design Center Team Leader - IC Design - Montreal Based

Position Purpose:

Responsible for the design and development of Analog integrated
circuits
for power management, interface, and optical storage  products.
Leads
a technical group of design engineers and technicians to ensure product
goals and objectives are achieved utilizing the highest product quality
standards.

Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates Analog power
management,
interface, and optical storage integrated circuits for electronic
equipment and other hardware systems.  Determines design
approaches and
parameters.
2.Provides technical guidance and leadership to lower level staff
members.  May assume leadership for the hiring of quality staff,
developing and conducting performance reviews and implementing
corrective action and termination, as necessary.  May participate in the
budgetary process by recommending expenditures for equipment,
salary,
services, etc. 3. Solves complex design issues. 4.Interfaces with
applications, product, process, test and other departments.

Skills / Knowledge:
Expertise in the design of analog integrated circuits. Effective
communication and interpersonal skills, ability to delegate and manage
projects.

Qualifications:
Requires a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of
5+ years of directly related experience, including project/technical
leadership.
Tim Roth
Invision
Portland, OR
P: 866.391.8877
P: 503.620.5826
f: 503.620.8007
email: tim at 4invision.com

A hat lúzer újra együtt! Üvegtigris 2: január 19-től a mozikban!
http://www.uvegtigris.hu