[Vms.sig-hu] Few pieces of information - ok for external (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2006. Jún. 13., K, 08:36:37 CEST

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: Few pieces of information - ok for external

Dear Distribution lists,

This message contains a few items but I thought it better than sending
several different messages.

1. Announcement from the OpenVMS Group on Tape and backup
solutions
2. HP User Group UK events
3. Encompass US Web casts for June
4. Job that just came in (Ohio or NJ)

1. Announcement from the OpenVMS Group

We've just updated the OpenVMS Tape/Backup solutions matrix to
reflect
recent library qualifications

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/storage/smstape_matrix.html
_______________________

2. HP User Group UK

June 20 - READING
"e3000 Migration"
http://www.hpug.org.uk/seminar/flyer_060622_proliant.pdf
<http://www.hpug.org.uk/seminar/flyer_060622_proliant.pdf>

June 22 - WARRINGTON
Proliant Essentials &  Insight Manager
http://www.hpug.org.uk/seminar/flyer_060620_e3000.pdf
<http://www.hpug.org.uk/seminar/flyer_060620_e3000.pdf>

____________________

3. Encompass US
Have you ever wondered why its important to be part of an Encompass
SIG.
Here is an example (as part of the SIG you would have all the details
and abstracts).
	VMS SIG - Larry Woodcome presents "HP OpenVMS Common
Internet
File System (CIFS) Based on Samba" 	webcast on Thursday, June
15th
at 4:00 PM EDT.

	UNIX SIG- John Foxcroft of HP will present on
the "Serviceguard
Storage Management Suite".

To find out more on the Encompass community please visit:
http://www.encompassus.org/community/

______________________
4. Job

I'm a recruiter in NYC and have an opening that can be located in
Columbus, OH, Chicago, IL, or Jersey City, NJ.  Below is a description.
Anything you can do to refer people to me would be a great help!

Thanks,
Jenny

I have an opening for a 10+ month contract for a Sr. Systems Engineer
spot with OVMS (DEC VAC) experience at a major investment bank.  The
position can be located in Chicago, IL; Columbus, OH; or Jersey City,
NJ.  Below is a description.  If you are interested and available,
please email me your current resume and rate requirements ASAP!  If
you
don't think this is a good fit, please forward my information on to
others, because we do pay for referrals!

Large Mid-Range Engineering opening
As part of the Large Midrange Open VMS team, this position will provide
Sr. Level systems management, support, and engineering of the Open
VMS
(DEC VAX) enterprise. This role is responsible for all Open VMS Servers
and their peripherals throughout company. These servers house
several of
company's critical business applications with financial activity within
these systems, in the trillions of dollars on a daily basis. Duties
include the systems management at all levels of the existing OVMS
structure, research, development and implementation of new
technology
solutions, day to day production support, level two and three on-call
production support for system interruptions, day-to-day operational
aspects of providing infrastructure hardware and software support
which
includes system management and administration, database
administration,
system support tools, performance tuning and capacity planning,
automation, and business application support

Qualifications

Ideal candidate to have 15 or more years of OVMS systems engineering
experience, including 5 or more years of Sr. Level Systems Management
experience in complex large-scale IT environments.

Expertise in midrange engineering with HP VAX and Alpha VMS systems
utilizing EVA and XP storage technology.
Technology experience must be current.
Automation tools and techniques.
Control language and system commands
Backup and Recovery
Disaster Recovery Planning and Preparation
Database design and administration
System performance, capacity planning and implementation
Currency with OS releases and network protocols
Demonstrable expertise with functional requirements assurance,
complex
project activities, and project management.
Experience working within systems life cycle processes.
Strong quality assurance and systems testing experience.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Desired:
Banking or financial institution processing background
Operations background

Required Skills:
VMS
VAX DBMS
LAN/WAN Administration
DECnet
DNS
Scripting
Windows
Windows NT Networks

Jenny Samuel
Resource Development Manager
Modis
212-398-4100 x115
jenny.samuel at modisit.com
www.modisit.com

"Last minute = Utolsó perc = HurráNyaralunk.hu = 40 utazásszervező, 33 ország, 24 sziget, 1.000 akciós indulási időpont"
http://www.hurra-nyaralunk.hu/ajanlatok2.php?foglalasfrom=freemaildmlevel