[Vms.sig-hu] FW:

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2006. Május. 4., Cs, 07:50:10 CEST

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Wed, 3 May 2006 14:43:00 -0400
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: FW: "Alpha" HP OpenVMS CIFS announcement - Evaluation kit
availability - Ok for external

Dear Distribution Lists,

Larry Woodcome has asked me to forward the attached.

Warm Regards,
Sue

Dear valued OpenVMS customers,

We are pleased to announce the availability of the HP OpenVMS
Common
Internet File System (CIFS) Alpha "evaluation" kit. The HP OpenVMS
Common Internet File System (CIFS) provides users with seamless file
and
print interoperability between OpenVMS and Windows-based clients.
The
OpenVMS file and print services evaluation kit is based on the
Samba.org
Open Source/Free Software suite which provides file and print services
to SMB/CIFS clients. The evaluation kit has been developed to now run
on
both OpenVMS  Alpha and Itanium platforms. It is similar to
implementations that are in place today supporting Linux and UNIX
operating environments.

Please note that for those who have already downloaded the prior
Itanium
evaluation kit, we now have an improved version to try. Many changes
have taken place based on your feedback in support of the Itanium
evaluation kit.

For download access to the OpenVMS Alpha and Itanium evaluation kits
and
access to current CIFS information please utilize our CIFS home page
found at
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/network/CIFS_for_Samba.html . For
direct access to the evaluation kit download please refer to
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/network/cifs_register.html. You will be
asked
to register for these free evaluation kits. Please note that these are
evaluation kits and not meant for "production" implementations. For
information on the availability of "production" versions of CIFS please
refer to the OpenVMS road maps found at
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/roadmap/openvms_roadmaps.ht
m .

As always we appreciate your timely feed back via our web site process.
Please feel free to provide us advice on the products ease of
implementation, its documentation, the products functionality and
where
new features may be warranted.
		Regards,
		Lawrence A. Woodcome