[Vms.sig-hu] Great HP Integrity/OpenVMS pearl - Another great article from Canada - ok for external (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2006. Sze. 11., H, 15:51:09 CEST

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:21:30 -0400
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: Great HP  Integrity/OpenVMS pearl - Another great  article from
Canada - ok for external

Dear Distribution lists,

The following url contains a great article from Canada from the online
journal "it business" and it is a great Integrity and OpenVMS Pearl.

The title of the article is

HP plans Linux virtualization, use of Open VMS for Integrity line

Url is http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=40512

This article has some great quotes from Steve Shaw (another wonderful
guy) regarding Integrity and our partners.  Please visit this site there
is a link for comments.

Warm Regards,
Sue

Partial quote from the article

Steve Shaw, HP Canada's business development manager for business
critical systems, said that ability could be important to some partners.

"A significant amount of our OpenVMS business is done through the
channel," he said. When the new servers will be able to run that
operating system partners will be able to offer HP's temporary capacity
billing, which charges customers for use of CPUs temporarily turned on
for short periods of intensive computing, or pay-per-use monthly
metering. These billing capabilities already exist for HP-UX and
WinServer.

"This is something a lot of customers have been waiting for," said Shaw.
"This will be really important for partners involved in OpenVMS."

Most egy klikkeléssel megoldhatja lakásgondjait!     http://lakaskassza.origo.hu/index.html