[Vms.sig-hu] OpenVMS V8.2-1 Per Core Licensing (PCL) Support - CUSTOMER ADVISORY (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2006. Sze. 12., K, 09:59:30 CEST

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:28:02 -0400
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: OpenVMS V8.2-1 Per Core Licensing (PCL) Support - CUSTOMER
ADVISORY

Dear Distribution lists,

I thought you would want to know the following.

Warm Regards,
Sue

-------------------------------------
OpenVMS V8.2-1 Per Core Licensing (PCL) Support
CUSTOMER ADVISORY

Description
The licensing and terminology for OpenVMS for Integrity servers has
changed from Per Processor License (PPL) to Per Core License (PCL).
HP
Integrity servers running OpenVMS Version 8.2-1 may not be able to
load
newer PAKs, introduced in September 2006, that support Per Core
Licensing (PCL).

Details
Per Core Licensing has been integrated into V8.3, and is available
through  patch kit VMS821_LMF-V0200 for OpenVMS Version 8.2-1.
Customers running OpenVMS Version 8.2-1 without this patch kit will
not
be able to load the new PAKs supporting PCL.  Systems that were
purchased with Factory Installed Software (FIS) prior to September do
not include the VMS821_LMF-V0200 patch kit.  These systems are
identified as OpenVMS I64 V8.2-1 R03.  HP Integrity systems with
Factory
Installed Software identified as OpenVMS I64 V8.2-1 R04 include the
VMS821_LMF-V0200 patch kit and are able to load PCL PAKS.

Users can use several methods to determine if their system will support
PCL:

*	Execute a PRODUCT SHOW HISTORY command on the running
system to
see if the VMS821_LMF-V0200 patch kit has been installed.  If it is
listed in the history report, the system will support PCL.

*	When first booted, and the FIS dialog begins, the welcome
banner
will display the version of the FIS image.  If the FIS version is listed
as OpenVMS I64 V8.2-1 R03, the  system will not support PCL unless
the
VMS821_LMF-V0200 patch kit is installed.  If the FIS version is listed
as OpenVMS I64 V8.2-1 R04, the patch kit is already installed and the
system will support PCL.  Note that the FIS version will only be
displayed on initial boot of the system.

*	The FIS image version is listed in the Introduction section of
the release notes. Release notes can be found at
SYS$SYSDEVICE:[VMS$COMMON.SYSHLP]FIS.RELEASE_NOTES

If the system does not support PCL you must obtain the VMS821_LMF-
V0200
patch kit and install it on the system before you can install paks that
use PCL.  The patch kit can be obtained from the ITRC patch download
sites at http://www.itrc.hp.com/service/patch/mainPage.do or
ftp.itrc.hp.com

25% kedvezmény 3 könyv vásárlása esetén! Bookline.hu
http://www.bookline.hu/control/news?newsid=484&affiliate=fre25skar3067