[Vms.sig-hu] HP OpenVMS Integrity and Synergy Pearl - Hudson Printing - OK for public use (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2007. Ápr. 1., V, 19:41:43 CEST

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:28:44 -0400
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: HP OpenVMS Integrity and Synergy Pearl - Hudson Printing - OK
for public use

The following is from the Synergy Newsletter and Web site
http://www.synergex.com/Company/Articledetail.asp?id=2828

Customer Success Story
Hudson Printing migrates their Synergy applications to OpenVMS on the
Integrity server

Hudson Printing, founded over 100 years ago in Salt Lake City, UT, is a
commercial Web-press operation which prints many short to medium run
publications and recently completed the migration of some of their
Synergy/DE-based applications from HP OpenVMS Alpha to HP
OpenVMS on the
Integrity server. Migration of the other applications will soon follow.

Hudson Printing uses Synergy/DE-based applications from Pelikan
Technology to run all of their in-house systems, including handling job
quotes; tracking individual jobs; managing time and attendance
records;
tracking inventory of raw paper, finished goods, and processed goods;
and managing shipping and accounting systems.

Hudson's applications were previously running on two OpenVMS Alpha
servers, which were over 12 years old. Wanting to update the systems
while continuing to harness the flexibility and stability of the OpenVMS
platform, Hudson chose to migrate to Integrity. "Our customer likes the
VMS platform because it is so reliable," states Pelikan Technology
president Joe West. "They work 24/7 and the Synergy/DE-based
applications we developed run both the front office and the production
areas-having the system up all of the time is very important."

The migration is being done in phases, as Pelikan is continuing to make
adjustments to some of Hudson's applications before porting to the
new
platform. "So far everything has gone smoothly," states West. "The
Integrity is performing very well."

West concludes: "Offering our customers this migration path to the
Integrity enables them to extend their OpenVMS investment and
capitalize
on the performance and cost benefits of the server. Together,
Synergy/DE
and OpenVMS enable us to keep our applications up to date and
competitive."

top

Jean Michel Jarre: Téo és Téa, az új, ünnepi album 1990 Forintért, kizárólag a T-Online Zeneáruházban! http://zenearuhaz.t-online.hu/index.php?m=info&albumid=30593&sp=1&sty=21