[Vms.sig-hu] Fwd: VMS Update - OK for External

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2007. Aug. 21., K, 12:11:16 CEST

---------- Eredeti üzenet ----------
Dátum: 2007. aug. 20. Hétfő 15:55:03
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Tárgy: VMS Update - OK for External

Dear Distribution Lists,

Enclosed please find the latest OpenVMS Update.  Included is the
scheduled for this years OpenVMS Technical Update Days.  Sorry for the
delay in this update.

Warm Regards,
Sue

Table of contents

1.0 OpenVMS Technical Update Days
Germany
Netherlands
Sweden
2.0 Time Sensitive -
3.0 Sue's Fav's
3.1 30th Anniversary
3.2 Computerworld article
3.3 Bruden-OSSG
3.4 University of Malaga Hits 2 Terabytes!
3.5 Aarons posting of DEC commercials
3.6 Humor
4.0 User Groups
4.1 Canada
4.1.2 Anyone has Parts for a DEC Rainbow?
4.1.3 Technical Seminar in the Fall?
4.2 United States
4.2.2 Encompass Board of Directors Elections 2008
4.2.3 To find a Local User Group is the US near you
4.2.4 SIG's Special Interest Groups
4.2.4 Blogs
5.0 Training
6.0 Jobs
7.0 In the Press
________________________________

1.0 OpenVMS Technical Update Days - See you there

Germany September 27-28 www.hp.com/de/events/openvms

Netherlands October 1-2
http://h41267.www4.hp.com/eventpage.aspx?&eventid=NQA3ADAAMQA%3d&cc=nl&l
ang=nl

Sweden October 4-5 www.hp.se/evenemang/openvms

2.0 Time Sensitive

To find out about upcoming VMS events please visit

Upcoming OpenVMS events -

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/new/events.html

----------------

For folks that remember DEC - WHEN: Thursday, September 27, 2007, 4:00 -
8:00 PM
http://www.decedout.org/50thAnniv.htm

3.0 Sue's Fav's

--------------
3.1 Tell us your VMS Stories - ITS our 30th Anniversary -
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/fb_30years.html
--------------

3.2 Computerworld article with 126 recommendations and 13 comments
http://tinyurl.com/2pxb79

--------------

3.3 BRUDEN-OSSG has been very active in OpenVMS performance analysis,
consulting, support, and porting projects, but we have not abandoned
training.
We have offered several custom courses on migrating to Integrity Server
platforms from Alpha and VAX.  We can customize a course to meet your
needs.
These custom courses are developed by Guy Peleg and Bruce Ellis, who
have extensive Integrity Server experience.
We are developing a VAX Macro course, suitable for any platform.  This
course will be available in the early November timeframe.
We are also offering the following courses at our Colorado Springs
location.
All with the guarantee that they will run.
9/17 - 9/21    OpenVMS Fundamentals
9/24 - 9/28    OpenVMS System Management I
10/1 - 10/5    OpenVMS System Management II
10/15 - 10/19 OpenVMS Internals for System Managers
10/22 - 10/26 DCL Command Procedures: Design and Implementation

When you register through BRUDEN-OSSG, tell us that "Sue sent you" and
receive a 10% discount on the course price.
See www.BRUDENOSSG.com for registration details or email
Solutions at BRUDEN.com for a custom on-site offering.

---------------
3.4 University of Malaga Hits 2 Terabytes!

http://wasd.vsm.com.au/other/uma_2tb.html

--------------
3.5 Aaron from the VMS SIG has posted 5 of the old DEC commercials on
his blog site, thanks Aaron.
http://openvms.hobby-site.com/pivot/entry.php?id=41

--------------

3.6 Humor - http://www.kcbx.net/~tellswor/stupid-b.htm

4.0 User Groups

4.1 CANADA
4.1.2 Anyone has Parts for a DEC Rainbow? There is a computer museum in
Brantford, Ontario that's looking for a Rainbow PC100
http://groups.msn.com/DECCanadaAlumni/general.msnw?action=get_message&mv
iew=0&ID_Message=361

4.1.3 Technical Seminar in the Fall? It has been a relatively quiet
summer thus far on the Encompass Canada front. But since reality has it
that we can be expecting snow within 10 weeks from now, we are exploring
the possibility of planning a technical seminar before we approach
winter. Since we have already hosted events in Montreal, Toronto and
Edmonton earlier this year, we are looking at other major Canadian
centers for this fall event.  Anyone with ideas, suggestions or
interests, please feel free to contact us at:
inquire at encompasscanada.org

------------------
4.2 UNITED STATES
4.2.2 Encompass Board of Directors Elections 2008
http://www.encompassus.org/about/election/

4.2.3 To find a Local User Group is the US near you
http://www.encompassus.org/community/lugs/manager/

4.2.4 SIG's Special Interest Groups
http://www.encompassus.org/community/sigs/

4.2.4 Blogs
http://main.blogs.encompassus.org/

_____________________________

5.0 Training

PARSEC Group is hosting Webinars again.  Please visit
www.parsec.com/openvms & www.parsec.com/unix for the schedules.  The
next OpenVMS Webinar is August 29, 2007 entitled Introduction to System
Dump Analyzer (SDA).

_____________________________________

6.0 Jobs

I am looking for an OpenVMS Sys Admin on-site in the DC area.  While
this may be full time, it would be a contract position for 12-16 months.

Please have anyone interested contact me at rbaldermann at Parsec.com.

Regards,

Russ Baldermann

PARSEC Group Inc

999 18th Street Suite 1725

Denver, CO 80202

www.parsec.com

www.openvmsplanet.org

In the Press

http://www.hardwarezone.com/news/view.php?id=8176&cid=11
 HP Integrity Servers Achieve Better Business Outcomes

http://www.serverwatch.com/news/article.php/3693681
LinuxWorld Expands to the Virtual Realm

Láttál egy jó videót? Vagy Te készítettél? Nevezd, hogy díjazhassuk!  www.goldenblokk.hu
http://ad.adverticum.net/b/cl,1,6022,192114,246701/click.prm
--------- következő rész ---------
Egy csatolt HTML állomány át lett konvertálva...