[Vms.sig-hu] Fwd: VMS Update Friday Sept 7th

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2007. Sze. 17., H, 17:12:39 CEST

---------- Eredeti üzenet ----------
Dátum: 2007. szep. 08. Szombat 00:06:42
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>

Tárgy: VMS Update Friday Sept 7th

Dear Distribution lists,

There is all kinds of great news for you this week so you need make sure
to read the whole update.

You will notice in this update that there are all kinds of things
happening, events, training, web casts. I have tried to capture
everything but if I have missed anything please let me know and we will
put it in the next one.

Hopefully, you have been hearing a lot about our 30th anniversary. Can
you believe it, on Tuesday October 25th 1977 Digital Equipment
Corporation (DEC) announced their 32 bit computing system VMS to run on
VAX 11/780! If you are reading this update you at least have an
interest in VMS and we have an interest in you. Thank you, very much to
the folks that have submitted their stories, some have been funny, some
reflective others enlightening and all passionate. It sure makes you
realize why the VMS community is as strong as it is. Dan is working on
getting the stories on a web site. If you have not submitted anything
or would like to tell us another story here is the url
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/fb_30years.html

Warm Regards as always,
Sue
________________________

1.0 European OpenVMS Technical Update Days
Germany Sept 27-28
Netherlands Oct 1-2
Sweden Oct 4-5
2.0 Time Sensitive
France Sept 25th Interex France
France Oct17-18 EMEA OpenVMS Customer Conference
UK Oct 30-31 UKCMG Master class Reminder -
World Wide - Nov 30 OpenVMS on Blades: Updates and Futures
(Short Take event)
3.0 Sues Fav's
What Customers are saying about OpenVMS on Integrity Servers
Technical Journal
VISUAL THREADS FOR ALPHA
OpenVMS CALENDAR
VMS AUDIO CAST 11
OpenVMS License Plates
4.0 Partners
Millenium Solutions Informatiques
5.0 User Groups
America complimentary registration
UK - hpUG Seminar
link for the group in Belgium/Luxemburg
6.0 Training

---------------------

1.0 European OpenVMS Technical Update Days - See you there

Germany September 27-28 www.hp.com/de/events/openvms

Netherlands October 1-2
http://h41267.www4.hp.com/eventpage.aspx?&eventid=NQA3ADAAMQA%3d&cc=nl&l
ang=nl

Sweden October 4-5 www.hp.se/evenemang/openvms

2.0 Time Sensitive

France - HP Interex France and ProVMS organize a VMS day on September
25th for more information please visit
http://www.x9000.fr/Documents/INTEREX/INTEREX_journee_OpenVMS.pdf
Registration should be done at http://www.provms.org Presentations will
be given in French
-------------

France EMEA OpenVMS Customer Conference October 17-18

HP BCS (Business Critical Servers) EMEA and HP-Interex EMEA are pleased
to announce the second annual customer conference for Executives and IT
Management responsible for OpenVMS based systems.

This one and half day event will be the focal point to ensure that you
get the latest news and information on OpenVMS, plus clarification and
commitment on future directions, directly from our worldwide team led by
Ann McQuaid ,General Manager of OpenVMS.
Attendees
Primarily the conference is aimed at end-users of OpenVMS who are in
managerial/supervisory roles. Although a great deal will be covered in
the 1.5 days, it will not go into deep technical detail. We also
encourage System Integrators, ISVs and HP Channel Partners to attend.

Registration is open at

http://h41267.www4.hp.com/eventpage.aspx?&eventid=NQAxADUANAA%3d&cc=emea
&lang=en
All attendees must register here.
-------------
UK UKCMG Master class Reminder - 30 & 31 October 2007 - SYSTEMS
ENGINEERING FOR AVAILABILITY AND PERFORMANCE SEMINAR online booking form
<http://www.ukcmg.org.uk/events.html>;
by Friday 21 September 2007. For full event information go to the UKCMG
website <http://www.ukcmg.org.uk>;

--------------------------------
OK, this is wonderful news, there is a VMS Blade session being offered
for FREE by HP through the Technical On Line Seminar group
http://www.hp.com/hps/tos/

OpenVMS on Blades: Updates and Futures (Short Take event)

This 1-hour training event focuses on the OpenVMS 8.3-1H1 release and
its support of c-Class Integrity HP Blade System environments. Topics
include supported Blade System servers, storage, IO interconnects, boot
options, system management support, and operating system provisioning.
Also covered are future OpenVMS Blade System support plans.

The seminar is aimed at system administrators who manage c-Class Blade
System environments. Basic knowledge of OpenVMS and c-Class blades will
aid understanding of seminar material.

Offered: November 30, 2007
Register for this event:
http://www.hp.com/hps/tos/shorttake/registration.html

-------------------------------------
3.0 Sues Fav's

What Customers are saying about OpenVMS on Integrity Servers
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/announce/cust_statements.html
------------------------------
Technical Journal - If you are planning on doing an article for the
January 2008 issue your abstract should be submitted by Sept 15
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/journal/cfp.html
-------------------
VISUAL THREADS FOR ALPHA

Dear DSPP members, I received an email that folks that tried the old
like to Visual Threads did not work. After some research that Roberta
did we received the following reply from the DSPP folks.

Please use the following URL to access the Visual Threads for OpenVMS
Alpha downloads page:

http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/site/dspp/PAGE.template/page.document?c
iid=6708bce06ee02110bce06ee02110275d6e10RCRD

Please be aware that DSPP membership is required to download the
software. Membership is free. Information is available on the Why Join
link on the left Nav bar.

--------------------------
OpenVMS CALENDAR - http://h71000.www7.hp.com/new/events.html You will
notice that events that VMS is participating in or sponsoring in are
included. Events like User Groups, Technical Update Days, Customer
Events etc.... If you have an event that you would like to have included
on the OpenVMS Calendar you need to send the details to Elaine at
elaine.rhodes at hp.com How do I participate Please respond with the
following information:
* Name of event
* Dates of event
* Time of event
* Location of event
* Title of your presentation (if appropriate)
* Your role, such as speaker, organizer
* Type of audience attending event
* Groups to which the event is open, such as industry consortium or
general public
* Event Web site or link for more information

-----------------------
VMS AUDIO CAST 11 - this will always be one of my fav's hopefully
everyone has a chance to listen to this and provide feedback. When
folks volunteer to do something, feedback is the only payment they
receive.
http://www.openvms.org/pages.php?page=VPN
---------------------
OpenVMS License Plates
If you ever visit comp.os.vms you will notice that I have started a
discussion on OpenVMS License plates and a new slogan. If you have a
good slogan please send it along.

_______________________________________
4.0 Partners
Millenium Solutions Informatiques
http://www.msi-qc.com/ this companies web site is available in French
and English - MSI provides Information Technology services : OpenVMS
migration and conversion, Technical Architecture and, Technology
Deployment.

-----------------------------------
5.0 User Groups

America - Encompass - As a member of Encompass, please accept this
invitation to apply for complimentary registration (a $1,690 value) to
attend Storage Networking World (SNW), October 15-18, 2007, at the
Gaylord Texan in Dallas, Texas. This offer is extended to you courtesy
of HP, a Platinum Sponsor of SNW, and Encompass. SNW is the leading
conference for IT managers, storage architects and infrastructure
professionals, produced by Computerworld and co-owned by Computerworld
and the SNIA.

Complimentary registration is available only to *true* IT end users (for
example, those directly employed by banks, insurance companies, consumer
retail organizations, etc). Please note that if you are an Encompass
member, but not an IT end user* (as defined below), you are not eligible
for this offer.

With that in mind, to apply for your complimentary IT end user
registration, go to: http://www.snwusa.com/HP_and_Encompass
-----------------------

UK - hpUG Seminar - "Storage Consolidation"- 11th September 2007 -
Invitation (NDA may be required) HPUG is pleased to welcome Dan Wood who
as UK Storage Essentials (SE) Product Manager heads the team which
influences the SE roadmaps and future business plans. This session will
provide you with the opportunity to hear the latest product strategy and
directions, and also the opportunity to provide feedback.

Managing and controlling a SAN environment can be complex, time
consuming and expensive. Andy Holloway will demonstrate how deploying
and using Storage Essentials allows you to regain control, streamline
operational costs and plan for future infrastructure growth.

Undoubtedly one of the highlights of the day will be the first
demonstration in the UK of Storage Essentials Version 6.0 In addition
this seminar will provide details about the next release of Storage
Essentials and offer an opportunity for suggesting future enhancements.
WHERE:
HP, 88 Wood Street, LONDON, EC2V 7QT

PRESENTERS:
Dan Wood is Hewlett-Packard's Storage Essentials UK Product Manager.
Andrew Holloway - EMEA SE technical consultant.
Nigel Pardoe and Ian Brown are both UK Consultants specializing in
Storage Essentials solutions.
Martin White - Storage Essentials technical solution Architect.

INTERESTED?
Contact The HP User Group office:
Tel: 01344 362929
Fax: 01793 717153
Mailto: admin at hpug.org.uk
-------------------------
This is the link for the User group in Belgium/Luxemburg:
www.hp-interex.be

-----------------------------------

6.0 Training
(PLEASE NOTE the Boot Camp referred to in the message is NOT the OpenVMS
Boot Camp in Nashua in May run by OpenVMS Engineering)

Hot off the press! OpenVMS Boot Camp [U3585S] has a new name and
updated content. PARSEC Group is bringing back the old OpenVMS Boot
Camp [U3585S] training class but it's newer and improved! The name of
the course will be OpenVMS Immersion and it will be updated to V8.3. The
debut of the newly improved training session will be December 3rd
through the 14th, 2007.

Other classes in the news: HE780S HP OpenVMS v8.3 Technical Update:
User/Management Features is scheduled for 10/9/07 and HE635S HP OpenVMS
v8.3 Technical Update: Programming/Internals Features is scheduled for
10/11/07.

In other training news, check out the Courses with Schedules for OpenVMS
& Tru64 UNIX at www.parsec.com - we've added more new courses for 2008!

PARSEC Group, Inc.
999 18th Street Suite 1725
Denver, CO 80202
Office: 720-962-9583
FAX: 303-763-9909
Toll Free: 888-472-7732
www.parsec.com
www.openvmsplanet.org

Ingyenes online házi feladatok! Válassz angol, német, francia, olasz és spanyol levelező nyelvtanfolyamok közül!

ELO Kft.

http://ad.adverticum.net/b/cl,1,6022,203509,255323/click.prm
--------- következő rész ---------
Egy csatolt HTML állomány át lett konvertálva...