[Vms.sig-hu] Fw: OpenVMS Update February 2010!

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2010. Feb. 10., Sze, 14:02:39 CET

----------Eredeti üzenet----------Dátum:2010. február 9., kedd, 16:57:51
Feladó:"Ramani, Sujatha"
Tárgy:OpenVMS Update February 2010!
Címzett:Undisclosed recipients at ismeretlen

TO :- VMS champions
SUBJECT: -VMS  update February 2010

Very warm wishes  for a fabulous 2010 to all the readers of VMS update. In this first edition for 2010, we have  lot of interesting  information to share with all of you. Please read on.

1.       Time Sensitive:-
a.       We announced the TUDs in Americas in April 2010. It will be held in Chicago on 5th and 6th April, Dallas on 8th and 9th, Washington DC on 12th and 13th and New York on 15th and 16th. We are coming out with solid technology content in these TUDs that will interest our OpenVMS technical audience immensely. Watch out for additional details coming your way soon. HP acknowledges the support for these events from our ISV partners  Software Concepts International and Nemonix Engineering.  Visit them at :-
www.sciinc.com
www.nemonixengineering.com

b.     Mark your calendar for the hp technology at work symposium in Frankfurt from 27th to 29th April. OpenVMS will have
a.) speaker session,
b.) lab session
c.) demo session ,
in this  event this year! We are very excited about this event being the biggest for our European OpenVMS audience. Watch out for more on this. Will surely let you know when the registration open for this event.

c.       Connect has declared  February as the OpenVMS month. The following are the webinars that are scheduled for our OpenVMS enthusiasts.  Watch  the Connect space for further details on these.

http://www.connect-community.org/members/blog_view.asp?id=511058

                                 i.         Feb 10 15:00 GMT: Keith Parris will present a webinar on "Achieving the Highest Possible Availability in your OpenVMS Cluster". Registration is open at https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/466770737.

                                ii.         Feb 11 02:00 GMT: Keith Parris will present a second "copy" of the webinar on "Achieving the Highest Possible Availability in your OpenVMS Cluster". Registration open at https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/394479824.

                              iii.         Feb 12 10:00 GMT: Colin Butcher will present a webinar on "Networking with OpenVMS" Registration is open at https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/557231985.

                               iv.         Feb 12 16:00 GMT: Colin Butcher will present a second copy of the webinar on "Networking with OpenVMS". Registration is available at https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/968614105

                                v.         Feb 18 17:00 GMT: Pieter Hintjens and Martin Sustrik of iMatix and Brett Cameron from HP will present a webinar entitled, "Low Latency, High Throughput, Durable, RESTful, Open, Standards, ...: What is messaging, where does it fit, what does it today?". This webinar is about 90 minutes planned length.

                               vi.         Feb 22-26 in Granville, Ohio: Keith W. Hare of JCC Consulting is presenting a week long RDB DBA Seminar entitled "The Care and Feeding of Production Databases". You can get more information at http://www.jcc.com.<http://www.jcc.com./>

                             vii.         Feb 22: Brad McCusker will present a webinar on "OpenVMS Integrity Migrations - Real World Experiences"

                            viii.         Feb 23 17:00 GMT: Attunity will present a webinar on "OpenVMS - Keep It. Modernise It. Integrate It". Registration is open at https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/410322825

                               ix.         Feb 23: Nemonix will present a webinar on "Extreme Encryption devices for OpenVMS".

                                x.         Mar 4 09:00-11:00 GMT: John Egolf, HP Office of OpenVMS Programs - OpenVMS Update & Roadmaps + 8.4 FT Update. This is being coordinate with Chapters, LUGs and SIGs world-wide for local events, including:

* HPUG (UK) Ltd
* HP-Connect Sweden

                               xi.         Mar 4 13:00-15:00 EST: John Egolf, HP Office of OpenVMS Programs - OpenVMS Update & Roadmaps + 8.4 FT Update. This is being coordinate with Chapters, LUGs and SIGs world-wide for local events, including:

* Cactus Chapter, Phoenix, AZ

As you can see a lot of activity this month. More details will appear on the VMSblog and the Connect Event Calendar over the next couple days so you can have more information about the webinars and other events. If you have any questions or which to be involved send us an email at participate at viavms.com!

2.      OpenVMS Engineering update :-

a.     The  Office of Customer programs is pleased to announce the availability of OpenVMS Integrity and Alpha servers for open source activities. In continuation to our commitment to Open source, our objective for providing these systems is to encourage more members of the community to contribute to Open Source on OpenVMS. Especially those who do not have access to integrity systems currently. This environment consists of an OpenVMS Integrity server as well as an OpenVMS Alpha server loaded with development tools.
These systems can be used to :
 - Port Open Source applications to HP OpenVMS on Integrity/Alpha in a side-by-side environment
 - Validate Open Source applications on latest versions of the operating system and mixed-architecture clusters

How to get an Account ?

Please send a mail to openvms.programs at hp.com with the subject "Open Source Porting Account".
Please furnish the following details :
First Name             :
Last Name              :
Organization           :
E-mail Address         :
Products being ported  :
You will get a response from the Office of OpenVMS customer programs detailing the next steps. Sign up and contribute to open source on OpenVMS.

b.     This link  provides the  list  of supported options and versions for I/O cards and the systems.
http://bcs-io.corp.hp.com/suppconfig.php?distro_vendor=HP&like=OpenVMS%20v8.3

c.     HP OpenVMS RMS Patch Kit Privilege Escalation Vulnerability:
A potential security vulnerability has been identified with certain RMS (Record Management Services) patch kits for HP OpenVMS running on ALPHA platforms. The vulnerability could be locally exploited resulting in an escalation of privilege. For details refer:
http://www11.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docId=emr_na-c02001423&admit=109447626+1265722163500+28353475

3.       Partner Page :-

a.       JCC is pleased to announce release 3.2.4 of the JCC LogMiner Loader&trade;.  The Loader is a fast, powerful, flexible tool to reflect data changes from a source database to multiple targets. The source is an Rdb&trade; database. Targets can be other Rdb databases, Oracle&reg; databases, a customer supplied API in XML format, Tuxedo, or can use a JDBC class 4 driver to write to an SQL Server database or another compliant target. The Loader is extensively tested and tuned for all recent versions of these companion products.
For more information, please see http://www.jcc.com/LML.htm or send mail to info at JCC.com .
b.     PointSecure is pleased to announce that System Detective 8.5-5 is now available! This new version of System Detective includes:
&middot;  A new terminal qualifier which provides a way to qualify a rule based on the terminal name
&middot;  Several enhancements and bug fixes
Contact support at pointsecure.com for an upgrade or sales at pointsecure.com to schedule a demo.
In addition, PointSecure is offering 25% off all new System Detective licenses from now until March 31, 2010.  To take advantage of this special offer, please contact sales at pointsecure.com.
HOUSTON, TX&ndash;(Marketwire &ndash; December 1, 2009) &ndash; Today, PointSecure, a leading provider of security and auditing solutions for OpenVMS systems, announced a distributor relationship with Raxco UK, the leader in distribution.

c.     Synergy/DE released version 9.3 of their product last month: http://www.synergyde.com/news/article.aspx?id=3218.

d.     Complementary on-demand webinar by John Apps and Attunity: OpenVMS: Keep it. Modernize it. Integrate it. This webinar covers cost-effective ways of utilizing OpenVMS data and applications across your organization. Over the years, HP & Attunity have worked together to solve many OpenVMS integration challenges. John Apps, OpenVMS Ambassador, and Attunity&#39;s Richard Thomas share their experiences with real examples and case studies covering web and legacy application integration, data integration and operational reporting and BI. Click here to access the webinar recording.

e.     eCube Systems Announces NXTera&trade; 6.0 High Performance RPC Middleware PR Web (press release) New platform support for NXTera 6.0 includes OpenVMS Integrity and Alpha, zLinux, and Mac OSX. Also new to NXTera 6.0 is support for Ingres 9.2 database

4.       Customers :-

a.     We are very happy to launch the  success stories of customers  who deployed VMS and reaped huge benefits. Please click on the  link below to know more.

                                                   i.         Fra port AG :- Frankfurt airport improves overall throughput 400% with HP Integrity server blades running HP OpenVMS. to know more4 click on http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA0-4293ENW.pdf

                                                  ii.         UK National Health Service &ndash; Blood & Transplant (NHSBT) :- UK NHSBT builds the world&rsquo;s largest centralized blood supply management system on HP Integrity with HP OpenVMS. to know more click on
1.     http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA1-3908EEW.pdf

                                                                 iii.            ABF / voestalpine :- Companies capitalize on HP OpenVMS high availability, reliability, and security. To know more click on http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA1-5913ENW.pdf

b.      We  have a lineup of many more topics to bring to our worldwide customers and partners via our monthly webinars. Please stay tuned to join us.

5.       Community news!

a.     OpenVMS.org - OpenVMS Community Portal
Announcing AlphaServer OpenVMS Programming Courses Added to PARSEC catalog. Posted by Ian on Friday January 29 2010 @ 09:39AM EST. PARSEC have announced they have added Alpha Internals courses to their Training Catalog. ...
OpenVMS.org - http://www.openvms.org/

b.     OpenVMS.org :- OpenVMS Community Portal. Please check on this regularly to see news views and updates on OpenVMS. Our worldwide customer and partner webinar announcements are posted here.
c.     AMQP on OpenVMS: Why Do I Care By John Apps
AMQP on OpenVMS. AMQP is an open Internet Protocol for Business Messaging. Why Do I Care is great piece on standards in general and AMQP Click here to  read - http://amqponopenvms.blogspot.com/

6.       OpenVMS Jobs :-
a.     New York Jobs - NewYorkJobs.com:-   OpenVMS or VAX/VMS experience is a plus. Demonstrated leadership ability, strong team player who enjoys working in a fast paced atmosphere. Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects ...
NewYorkJobs.com - http://www.newyorkjobs.com/

A big thank you to all who contributed to this edition of the OpenVMS update. Looking forward to talking to your soon.