[Vms.sig-hu] Fw: Ambassador Webinar :- OpenVMS v8.4 Host Based Volume Shadowing (HBVS)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2010. Május. 20., Cs, 14:46:06 CEST

----------Eredeti üzenet----------Dátum:2010. május 20., csütörtök, 10:44:02
Feladó:"Ramani, Sujatha"
Tárgy:Ambassador Webinar :- OpenVMS v8.4 Host Based Volume Shadowing (HBVS)
Címzett:Undisclosed recipients at ismeretlen

      TO :- VMS Champions
SUBJECT: VMS  Webinar #11  on 2nd June 2010.

Dear VMS Champions,

I am happy to announce our next webinar  to reach out to our OpenVMS customers, practitioners, partners and evangelists worldwide. To let you know our periodicity to help you plan better, we will typically meet on the first and third Wednesdays of the month at the same time slots.

On 2nd June  May we have a presentation from OpenVMS engineering. Akila B from OpenVMS engineering will present on : New features and performance improvements, with OpenVMS v8.4 Host Based Volume Shadowing (HBVS). Akila is well known within the OpenVMS fraternity. She has presented in the OpenVMS boot camp in the past and in technology at work last month in Frankfurt! She was one of the favourite speakers in the European TUDs last year!

She will present on three member to six member support which is a much awaited and highly advertised feature. This talk will help us understand the other customer “delighters” coming up with this release of Volume shadowing as well.

Agenda:

-> Brief on Volume shadowing
-> Few customer Use cases with volume shadowing Automatic Minicopy on
-> Volume Processing with V8.3 New Features and Performance Improvement
-> with V8.4.

The webinar will conclude with a Q&A session.

We are conducting these webinars in two time zones to cover all of you across the planet.

Procedure for Time Zone 1
If you hail  from Asia Pacific, Japan and some parts of Europe,   choose this time slot. To know the local time in your country and block your calendar, click  Time Zone 1 :- 2 pm IST (GMT +5:30)    or Asia Pacific, Japan and some parts of Europe. Please note the time is given in GMT for the convenience of some who are not able to click and open the time zone converter tool in their environment.

The two step procedure to join the webinar is:-
1.     You can join  the virtual classroom by clicking Time Zone 1 Participant Key

2.     The telephone bridge line details are attached and you can dial  the line that is relevant to your country and join in the audio.  The conference  code is 3467391155

Procedure for Time Zone 2
If you hail  from parts of Europe and the Americas, choose this time slot.  To know the local time in your country and block your calendar Time Zone 2 :- 9pm IST(GMT +5:30)     for rest of Europe and Americas. Please note the time is given in GMT for the convenience of some who are not able to click and open the time zone converter tool in their environment.

The two step procedure to join the webinar is:-

1.     You can join  the virtual classroom by clicking Time Zone 2 Participant Key

2.     The telephone bridge line details are attached and you can dial  the line that is relevant to your country and join in the audio.  The conference  code is 3467391155

To test your setup ahead of your event, please use the following link:

    https://www.rooms.hp.com/testsetup

We look forward to seeing you in the virtual classroom on 2nd June 2010. If you have any queries, please write to OpenVMS.programs at hp.com

Warm regards,
Sujatha
Global Lead- Customer & Partner Technical programs-Open VMS
Read the Gartner report on OpenVMS, "Best Practices:  Migration Planning for Alpha Server Users"
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/gartner_report.html