[Vms.sig-hu] Fw: Invitation - North America OpenVMS Technical Update Days May 2012

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2012. Ápr. 6., P, 20:23:11 CEST

----------Eredeti üzenet----------Dátum:2012. április 6., péntek, 18:17:17
Feladó:Brad McCusker
Tárgy:Invitation - North America OpenVMS Technical Update Days May 2012
Címzett:fodor31 at freemail.hu

2012 OpenVMS Technical Update Days

Dear VMS enthusiast,

Software Concepts International (SCI) is pleased to have been invited back for a 3rd year to partner with HP OpenVMS engineering team to present the 2012 HP OpenVMS Technical Update Days (TUDs) along with our partners, Nemonix Engineering and eCube Systems.  This year’s TUDs are being offered in the North America region.

We recognize that some of the recipients of this mail are geographically located outside the North America region.  However, we believe it is important to make you aware of the activities as you may have colleagues located in North America who can attend these sessions.

The OpenVMS Technical Update Days are a 2 day event featuring technical presentations from HP OpenVMS Engineering and its key partners.  The benefits of attending include:

Obtain latest product updates, strategy directions and information from OpenVMS Engineering. Learn of innovative solutions and best practices incorporating the latest OpenVMS products and technologies See Strategy and product updates for OpenVMS Integrity servers and Oracle database products Interact directly with OpenVMS engineers, management and key partners.   The entire team of presenters and managers are available for 1x1 meetingsNetwork with fellow OpenVMS users and customers.

Agenda - Day 1

 Time
Activity

8:30 – 9:00
Registration

9:00 – 9:15
Welcome Address by HP

9:15 – 10:00
OpenVMS Roadmap and Strategy

10:00 – 10:45
OpenVMS V8.4 Features

10:45 – 11:00
Break

11:00 – 12:00
Managing An OpenVMS System
As If Your Business Depended On It,
by Software Concepts International

12:00 – 12:45
Integrity Server Migration

12:45 – 13:45
Lunch

13:45 – 14:45
Modern Development and APM
(Application Performance Management)
on OpenVMS, by E-Cube

14:45 – 15:30
Open Source and Unix Portability

15:30 – 15:45
Break

15:45 – 16:30
Performance with v8.4 on i2 servers

16:30 – 17:00
Wrap up

Agenda - Day 2

Time
Activity

9:00 – 9:45
i2 servers and OpenVMS

9:45 – 10:30
HPVM and Use cases

10:30 – 10:45
Break

10:45 – 11:45
Solving Hardware EOL Instability, by Nemonix

11:45 – 12:30
System Management Updates

12:30 – 13:30
Lunch

13:30 – 14:15
Cluster and Volume Shadowing updates

14:15 – 15:00
Networking Updates

15:00 – 15:15
Break

15:15 – 16:00
Power Management

16:00 – 17:00
Roundtable Discussion

 Register Now ‣

No cost to attend.

Note: Some information you receive during this session is HP confidential. As such you will need to sign a Confidential Disclosure Agreement on the day of the event.

EVENT DETAILS

Toronto, ON - Canada