[Vms.sig-hu] HP's commitment to Integrity Servers based on the Itanium 2 - Ok for external use (fwd)

Fodor Zsuzsa fodor31 at freemail.hu
2005. Aug. 24., Sze, 12:14:10 CEST

---------- Továbbított levél ----------
Dátum: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:14:23 -0400
Feladó: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Címzett: Skonetski, Susan <susan.skonetski at hp.com>
Tárgy: HP's commitment to Integrity Servers based on the Itanium 2 -
Ok for external use

Dear Distribution Lists,

This week there has been a lot of noise around about HP and Intel and
the commitment to the Itanium 2 architecture. Cross posted in
comp.os.vms

Here are two web sites you might find useful. Please keep in mind that
these are not specific to any one organization.

 http://www.hp.com/go/therealstory
This site contains "The Real Story about Integrity Servers"

http://www.hp.com/products1/itanium/testimonials/index.html
This site contains customer quotes, case studies and press releases.

I thought this might be more useful to you than gossip, rumors and
conjecture.  And we did receive yet another internal communication
today
restating our commitment to this platform.  I know its not as
interesting nor does it generate as much conversation however it is the
reality.

----
The following was not posted.

The OpenVMS Team has always been committed to delivering the best
product possible to our customers, that commitment has not and will
not
change.  We all love VAX and Alpha they are wonderful and I am sure in
ten years we are going to say the same thing about Integrity servers
when we move to what ever architecture is next.  Maybe because I am
not
a technical person I do not understand what the technical problems are
but I do know we have brilliant people and they will figure it out.  But
you worrying because the Inquirer says something about negative
about HP
and Intel is a waste of your time.  I hope that this does not offend
anyone.

Warm Regards as always,
Sue

[freemail] extra 1GB-os postafiókkal, Önnek már van? http://freemail.hu